OT: Hockey Wives (Season 2)

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Is anyone else watching this show? My wife is big into reality TV and this is a good compromise for us because we both get what we want.

Like, I get to see Brandon Prust's fiancée completely lose her **** because her dumb husband can't keep his mouth shut around the referees.

:lol:

Anyways, there are two Leaf players on the show this season, Jonathan Bernier and Daniel Winnik. And David Booth but he doesn't count, though is a former Leaf.

It's interesting to see these guys saying something that isn't just:"We sportsed hard, tonight... But the other team was sportsing too and they just managed to outsports us tonight..."

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Is anyone else watching this show? My wife is big into reality TV and this is a good compromise for us because we both get what we want.

Like, I get to see Brandon Prust's fiancée completely lose her **** because her dumb husband can't keep his mouth shut around the referees.

:lol:

Anyways, there are two Leaf players on the show this season, Jonathan Bernier and Daniel Winnik. And David Booth but he doesn't count, though is a former Leaf.

It's interesting to see these guys saying something that isn't just:"We sportsed hard, tonight... But the other team was sportsing too and they just managed to outsports us tonight..."

I am watching it with my girlfriend, interesting show, some of the guys are pretty active in it and you can learn some stuff about them. Others are shy, I am looking at you Price.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
I am watching it with my girlfriend, interesting show, some of the guys are pretty active in it and you can learn some stuff about them. Others are shy, I am looking at you Price.

My wife loves it, and it's actually making her a little more into hockey! :handclap:

My favorite so far is Bernier trying to teach his fiance to say Babcock's name ... haha - she was saying "Bad-****" :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i really want to catch up. i saw 1/2 of season one (basically when Prusts girlfriend got mad that she didn't get a ring).

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
My wife loves it, and it's actually making her a little more into hockey! :handclap:

My favorite so far is Bernier trying to teach his fiance to say Babcock's name ... haha - she was saying "Bad-****" :laugh:

I've only seen up to the second episode, but they've made Bernier and his fiance look like they belong in Zoolander. Good looking people, but definitely not the sharpest tools in the shed.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I watched a couple episodes from the first season and didn't like it just because the conversations between the wives and all their meetings were pretty weird, like staged and forced in typical reality fashion

And I really didn't like dustin browns wife, just so annoying. But I kinda like when the guys are in it, so I guess I'll watch the second season. Didn't know winnik was in it. Btw bernier's baby is so cuteee :D

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I've only seen up to the second episode, but they've made Bernier and his fiance look like they belong in Zoolander. Good looking people, but definitely not the sharpest tools in the shed.

This is interesting to me, in that . . . is it a possible reason for Bernier being so "off" this year? I don't watch TV at all, but I imagine as these things air, and he gets a sense of how he's being projected (along with his wife) . . . that stuff starts to bother you.

Confidence eroding perhaps?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
This is interesting to me, in that . . . is it a possible reason for Bernier being so "off" this year? I don't watch TV at all, but I imagine as these things air, and he gets a sense of how he's being projected (along with his wife) . . . that stuff starts to bother you.

Confidence eroding perhaps?

I got roasted last year for saying he's been lost to Hollywood when I found out he was doing the show. And that he'd have a rough year. So far so good :)

He already has focus issues. Aspiring to become a D level celebrity will not help your hockey game.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I got roasted last year for saying he's been lost to Hollywood when I found out he was doing the show. And that he'd have a rough year. So far so good :)

He already has focus issues. Aspiring to become a D level celebrity will not help your hockey game.

Well, I certainly agree that it's a whole extra level of pressure, for sure. I don't think it would be that detrimental if it didn't involve his wife, and didn't involve being made out to be "stupid" (which he may be, obviously the evidence we have right now kind of points to that). Some guys can take it, some can't, but yeah . . . I don't think it was a smart move in his position.

A lot of decent (talented at least) hockey players have been lost to a search for fame . . . hopefully Bernier can recover from this horrendous stretch of games. At the very least, with Babcock, he's got a great coach to lead him through it, and hopefully out of it.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Not hard to see

Why 70% of Hockey players within five years of retirement end up Divorced.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My girlfriend watches this, sadly the interest hasn't translated to watching games.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

Haha, I know right?? I cannot fathom how this could be the same person who thought Mandela was a great hockey player.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I watched a couple episodes from the first season and didn't like it just because the conversations between the wives and all their meetings were pretty weird, like staged and forced in typical reality fashion

And I really didn't like dustin browns wife, just so annoying. But I kinda like when the guys are in it, so I guess I'll watch the second season. Didn't know winnik was in it. Btw bernier's baby is so cuteee :D

The second half of season 1 is where it picks up, for sure.

But yeah, it's a lot of new people in season 2.

The main storyline is still Brandon Prust, but it's very diverse.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Well, I certainly agree that it's a whole extra level of pressure, for sure. I don't think it would be that detrimental if it didn't involve his wife, and didn't involve being made out to be "stupid" (which he may be, obviously the evidence we have right now kind of points to that). Some guys can take it, some can't, but yeah . . . I don't think it was a smart move in his position.

A lot of decent (talented at least) hockey players have been lost to a search for fame . . . hopefully Bernier can recover from this horrendous stretch of games. At the very least, with Babcock, he's got a great coach to lead him through it, and hopefully out of it.

It's going to be interesting. I mean, the Bernier storyline is already about how badly he struggled with his performance last season.

I can't even begin to imagine how he is handling this season.

O-Dog was talking about Bernier's confidence during Leaf Lunch today, and said that "you start thinking, man, I could be out of the league in the next six weeks if this doesn't get sorted out."

Echoed my sentiments from the end of the game.

I tried explaining Bernier's performance to my wife, saying that it was the equivalent of a waitress spilling a bowl of hot soup on a customer, then just as everything is finally being smoothed over with the client, accidentally backing up into another waiter bringing the table's food out, which splatters over the whole restaurant.

As I finished the explanation, I said, "how could you face going back to work"?

I mean, $9M is a large incentive... But imagine how badly his ego has been crushed by this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad