Latvia: Hockey in Latvia

Discussion in 'Eastern Europe' started by OscarsCards, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Rigafan

Rigafan Registered User

To be fair they do play them at Arena Riga so there is impossible chance of a sellout really, but I see you point :laugh:

2. GX

GX Registered User

Mogo games are free to attend. Their home arena is quite terrible, though, and, unlike Kurbads, they don't have a fan base of their own, so it's likely it would be attended by some 100-150 people only.

With regards to hockey atmosphere and overall experience, Kurbads would be the go-to game. There's even some merch for sale at their games. Kurbads is EUR 3-4 at the gate, you can buy them online, but there's no real need for that. :)

Here's a quick comparison of both 'arenas':
    Kurbads -
    Mogo -

Rigafan likes this.
  3. OscarsCards

OscarsCards Girgentank

Home Page:
    So far this season looks pretty weak, my favorites at the moment are HS Riga and I just can't wait for Continental Cup.

4. GX

GX Registered User

Yeah, hopefully the pace picks up, it has been rather eventless. HS Riga is indeed the only one capable of producing some surprises, and showing a real fight in each game.

5. turk96

turk96 Registered User

Union steelworker
    Thanks for the info and videos. Unfortunately, we'll only be in Riga two days before taking a few days drive to get to Tallinn, so the Mogo game is my only option. But it's a bit up in the air due to the tight time schedule. I did get tickets for the Oct. 26th Dinamo-Avangard Omsk game (6th row center, which seems to be the most desirable for some reason). Although I've seen a few KHL games in the last few years (in Prague and Helsinki), this will be the first time I've actually seen a Russian club, so looking forward to that. From what I have seen, the arena looks pretty nice. Do they sell jerseys at the game?