Post-Game Talk: Hockey Game 1 of 10 - 7:00ish ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Not much of hitting though for a playoffs game.

There were several plays where Wilson actively avoid checking players against the wall. Come playoff time, I assume Wilson will be let off the leash a bit to resume hitting people.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It was rather low impact in terms of hatred between the two teams battling for the division lead and beyond that largely uneventful. The goaltenders were good but aside from a few moments neither had to be all that great. It was mostly a defensive battle. NYI are so much more dangerous in transition, though. I pine for the days when the Caps had more of that element in them at will.

Raffl had a solid debut. He's always going to bring solid energy and he turns the third-line more of a territorial line. I do wonder if there's any production in him and, if not, whether mucking/checking is enough. The bottom two lines work hard but beyond maybe some ugly ones now and then I don't know if they'll produce much. I'm sure they'll like how they won tonight and how Samsonov was able to hold the fort. That said, more pace and crisp passing are a must.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I saw 1 goal in two full games AND an overtime that was just hideous.
The 3 on 3 was and is a joke. The rest of the game was played very well. I love these types of games. Had a playoff atmosphere. It was intense game.
The goaltending was great. I was on the edge of my seat the entire game.
Except the 3 on 3. I despise 3 on 3.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
How was that awful? It was a very entertaining game. Both teams played well and the goalies were fantastic.

rofl.. that was a hideous game. Not because the caps... because the Isles are a terrible team... unless they clutch and grab the entire game. Even in the 3v3... they dare not risk a shot because it'd be game over for them the other way.

It's a shit way to play hockey and quite embarrassing.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
rofl.. that was a hideous game. Not because the caps... because the Isles are a terrible team... unless they clutch and grab the entire game. Even in the 3v3... they dare not risk a shot because it'd be game over for them the other way.

It's a shit way to play hockey and quite embarrassing.
The Islanders are a terrible team? When the night started they had the exact same record as us. Does that make us terrible too.
I don't think you understand the concept of team.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I remember when the Isles traded for palmieri and zajac and people thought that would put them over the edge. I said it then and I believe it now...those players don’t scare me.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ugh, please be ok ovie. Would rather give up the points and have a healthy 8

He carried the puck at speed out of the d zone and stopped skating before the redline. He pushed the puck forward and turned to the bench. I didnt see him take another stride after he pulled up

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
The Islanders are a terrible team? When the night started they had the exact same record as us. Does that make us terrible too.
I don't think you understand the concept of team.

Yea... I dont think you read my post about the clutch and grab... without it, they're a bottom tier team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad