Kings News: Hockey Fest 13 Kids Q & A with players

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
One of the events at Hockey Fest today was a question and answer session with kids and 4 Kings : Clifford, Greene, Doughty and Quick

From the Mayor's twitter, some of the better exchanges between the kids and Kings

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 59m

Kid asks @dewyy8 what he would do for a living if he wasn't an @NHL player - 'I'd be a @UFC fighter' #LAKings #kidspresser

Think @Willie_Mitch33 might need to handle this one - kid asks the players, when will Voynov's English be good enough to be at this presser?

Kid asks @dewyy8 what his favorite goal celebration is.... clearly he's never seen this video http://mayorsmanor.com/2011/12/doughty-and-stoll-comment-on-the-love-tap-celebration/ … #kidspresser

Matt Greene what's your favorite song? 'Anything I can twerk to' #kidspresser
kidspresser Which team do you hate the most? Doughty says #SJSharks, Quick and Clifford say #Canucks and Greene says #Blackhawks

Least shocking answer.... when asked who their favorite super hero was, Clifford says 'The Hulk' #kidspresser

Kid asks Matt Greene why he plays defense - 'Because I wasn't a good forward' #kidspresser

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 3h
Somebody must have gotten to @dewyy8 earlier - said he's hatless today because 'They told me I can't wear Jays hats'

Best answer goe to Cliffy

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 3h
Kid asks who is the worst player on Anaheim Ducks? Doughty says Perry, Greene and Quick say @Dustinpenner25 ...Clifford says 'They all suck'

Runner up:
Kid asks Matt Greene how he learned to skate so fast - answer: 'How many games have you watched?' #kidspresser

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Sounds like every event everywhere...I mean if there is no line it means there are no people...

Kopistar

Jan 28, 2007
Overall, Hockey-fest was horrible event unless you like waiting on line for two hours for everything. Waste of Sunday.

HockeyFest is REALLY to get the fans back into hockey and excited to start the season. As far as I'm concerned, ANY event that offers autographs with players that isn't Tip A King is an event where "Good luck, you're gonna be waiting in a long long line" People payed 25 bucks to get in, SO naturally A LOT of people are going to want autographs because I guess...... autographs are cool and if you don't get autographs it's a WASTE OF TIME!!!

This is why there are events like Tip A King. Sure it's slightly pricey, but all proceeds go to Kings Care. So THERE is your place to get autographs from players, where it's organized and everything is thought through. ANYTHING outside of the State Of The Franchise/Kids Presser is going to be unorganized. I don't get why people pay so little to go to these events KNOWING that a lot of people will be going, and then complain when there a long lines.

"A chance to skate on staples center ice" - For 25 bucks, do you not realize there's going to be A LOT of people lining up for that??? It's like on black friday when people go crazy and buy all these things because of the prices. SAME THING with the lines for the ice skating and the autographs. People only paid 25 bucks, so they're all going to try and get THE MOST out of it..... which is the totally wrong thing to do. Anyone expecting to do everything at hockeyfest isn't thinking straight.

Malice430

Apr 25, 2006
Lake Forest, Ca
HockeyFest is REALLY to get the fans back into hockey and excited to start the season. As far as I'm concerned, ANY event that offers autographs with players that isn't Tip A King is an event where "Good luck, you're gonna be waiting in a long long line" People payed 25 bucks to get in, SO naturally A LOT of people are going to want autographs because I guess...... autographs are cool and if you don't get autographs it's a WASTE OF TIME!!!

This is why there are events like Tip A King. Sure it's slightly pricey, but all proceeds go to Kings Care. So THERE is your place to get autographs from players, where it's organized and everything is thought through. ANYTHING outside of the State Of The Franchise/Kids Presser is going to be unorganized. I don't get why people pay so little to go to these events KNOWING that a lot of people will be going, and then complain when there a long lines.

"A chance to skate on staples center ice" - For 25 bucks, do you not realize there's going to be A LOT of people lining up for that??? It's like on black friday when people go crazy and buy all these things because of the prices. SAME THING with the lines for the ice skating and the autographs. People only paid 25 bucks, so they're all going to try and get THE MOST out of it..... which is the totally wrong thing to do. Anyone expecting to do everything at hockeyfest isn't thinking straight.

this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad