Hockey arena in dc in 1920-1960

steve98765

Jan 31, 2021
I am looking for someone or a organization who would be will to do hockey Research in the time span of 1920-1960 in Washington DC. I know Washington DC did not have a pro NHL team until 1974. I am trying to learn about the amuete team and the College teams that were the Washington Dc area at that time.
I do NOT want information on the current NHL Washington Capitals team.

My main target is trying to find out what arena they played in, during the 1920-1960's

If you could help me out that would be good.
Stephen Hosmer
[email protected]

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
The Uline Arena in DC saw its share of history. Some potentially relevant info, may point you toward additional names/interests:
On January 22, it was announced that the third boxing performance between Joey Archibald and Harry Jeffra would take place on February 18, 1941.[11] The following day, it was announced by the Evening Star that Mr. Uline had purchased an American Hockey League team to be known as the 'Washington Ulines'. It was to be in fact the Washington Lions. It would become a step up over the other Washington hockey team, the Washington Eagles in the Eastern Hockey League. Mr. Uline had considered getting a National Hockey League team but due to the maintenance cost had decided to go with the American Hockey League instead.[12]

Uline Arena - Wikipedia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad