HNIC Broadcast vs Sportsnet Commentary

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
whoever is doing the game tonight is by far one of the worst I've ever heard. Is that Bob Cole? holy hell does he need to retire.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
a bit off topic but does anyone actually enjoy these stupid "Hometown Hockey" things. I hate when Edmonton is on them. I don't want to watch Tiger Williams and Dave Schultz get interviewed during the intermissions.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
whoever is doing the game tonight is by far one of the worst I've ever heard. Is that Bob Cole? holy hell does he need to retire.

Cole thought right shooting smurf Eberle scored the first goal not left shooting big man Maroon.

and Larsson was fighting not Benning. He is awful.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
a bit off topic but does anyone actually enjoy these stupid "Hometown Hockey" things. I hate when Edmonton is on them. I don't want to watch Tiger Williams and Dave Schultz get interviewed during the intermissions.

I hate the syrupy stories. We want hockey talk maybe the odd feel good story. Not every moment filled with syrup.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Cole thought right shooting smurf Eberle scored the first goal not left shooting big man Maroon.

and Larsson was fighting not Benning. He is awful.

considering quinn tried to make a call on bennings first goal. Bob cole works with us a few times a year and quinn works with us a large amount and still sucks

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Except Cole will go into the HHOF. So overrated.

PS No excuse the Quinn Benning botch. That was so bad. Surprised producer not yelling in his ear part way through.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

I don't care for the TV product as much, but I definitely enjoyed the live experience when it came to St. Albert for the Oilers/Jets game back in February. Lots of super cool things to see and do.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
So apparently Mcdavid was slithering around out there and hiding in the weeds according to Romanuk. He always uses terms like Burrows towards the net a lot. WTF?

I didn't know he was such a lover of woodland critters.

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
So apparently Mcdavid was slithering around out there and hiding in the weeds according to Romanuk. He always uses terms like Burrows towards the net a lot. WTF?

I didn't know he was such a lover of woodland critters.

Maybe he was comparing his style to that of Alexander Burrows :sarcasm:

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005

Yup, I agree! Never really been a fan of Cole, because he's a die-hard Leafs fan. Also always thought his play-by-play calling was a bit of a shtick

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Been saying it for a long time now. I think the SN broadcast team has been awful. Back when we had Ferarro it was money. Now, I can barely listen to Quinn and I try to steer away from Jack Michaels too. I miss the old days.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'd be satisfied overall with our crew if we just put DeBrusk back on instead of Drew "Wow" Remada. I'm actively annoyed we have DeBrusk on the payroll and going to all the games but not doing primary color commentary. He's there, all the fans prefer him, just let him do it. I don't mind Quinn. He makes some more mess-ups than you'd like but he seems like a genuinely likeable guy which helps his listenability to me.

Just keep Principe forever though and I'm happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad