Hitchcock Formal Announcement?

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Based on his history of divisiveness -- I'd pass on Yeo. Woulda liked a Doug Hoada but the Wings got him. What about Adam Oats? Hockey smart, good with special teams, and motivational.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
So much for holding onto hope of getting a more offensive minded coach to take Hitch's spot when he finally takes Armstrong's option to renew him away by retiring.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Call me crazy but I for some reason like the idea of Yeo.

And I think he's a better head coach than Muller, which is basically our comparison for the future since Armstrong named him directly.

I'm in the same boat, I think Yeo is an okay option. But hell no to Berube.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Have all our assistant coaches bailed, is this people jumping off a sinking ship or something else? I haven't been able to find anything online as far as reasons why all their assistant coaches are cutting out?

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Have all our assistant coaches bailed, is this people jumping off a sinking ship or something else? I haven't been able to find anything online as far as reasons why all their assistant coaches are cutting out?

Seems to be they don't want a 1yr deal, but that's my personal speculation.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Call me crazy but I for some reason like the idea of Yeo.

And I think he's a better head coach than Muller, which is basically our comparison for the future since Armstrong named him directly.

That's surprising I could have swore I've seen you call Yeo a awful coach more than once. Maybe I got you confused with someone else.

I'm in the same boat, I think Yeo is an okay option. But hell no to Berube.

Pretty much the same response, but again I could be wrong.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Seems to be they don't want a 1yr deal, but that's my personal speculation.

So do coaches only get the one/final offer or are they allowed to negotiate for more term? Because it seems like all these coaches are taking off without even trying to work out longer deals.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
That's surprising I could have swore I've seen you call Yeo a awful coach more than once. Maybe I got you confused with someone else.

Pretty much the same response, but again I could be wrong.

Well, you're wrong.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So do coaches only get the one/final offer or are they allowed to negotiate for more term? Because it seems like all these coaches are taking off without even trying to work out longer deals.

It's like any negotiation

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
With some big names being thrown around for our Assistant coaches, wouldn't it be funny if this was all some giant troll by Hitch and Armstrong. We are going to have 3 potential head coaches next year on cheap assistant coaching contracts. It will be like a dream team of assistants. Then at the end of the year, Hitch will laugh and say "Sorry guys, think I got one more in me."

Oh wait, then we'd have yet another year of Hitchcock...suddenly the jokes on me and its not so funny :help:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Think of the turtle club jokes though. That's gotta be worth somehing, right?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Think of the turtle club jokes though. That's gotta be worth somehing, right?

Like this?

picture.php

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela
Yeo is another get the puck deep and grind proponent. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Blues brought him on board.

I think it would be a terrible hire.

I agree. Yeo is a totally uninspiring coach who coaches the exact opposite way the good teams in the league are headed.

This begs the question, with Hitch just being brought back year after year, and with guys like Mike Yeo being ruminated as the heir apparents, can we trust Armstrongs judgement on these things?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Like this?

picture.php

I was more thinking of the "I'm not turtlely enough for the turtle club" guy.

This works too though. My god...can you imagine Hitchcock and Yeo if the Blues have a lead. They are going to turtle so damn hard

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I agree. Yeo is a totally uninspiring coach who coaches the exact opposite way the good teams in the league are headed.

This begs the question, with Hitch just being brought back year after year, and with guys like Mike Yeo being ruminated as the heir apparents, can we trust Armstrongs judgement on these things?
Army said all the right things about getting faster and playing faster. Second year in a row. But he brought back Hitch twice, which goes against that direction. Now with Yeo possibly in the mix... I think you have your answer. He seems clueless about how to improve the team as the league morphs into a sprint meet. It's strange, because he has the right assessment, but can't seem to correctly correlate actions to those assessments.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It's understandable from the roster side as skilled fast players don't grow on trees and usually you get lucky or draft them (Fabbri).

He has full control over the coaching side and unless Yeo is saying all the right stuff, there's just no foreseeable positive to Yeo coming in.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
A high school hockey coach who embraces the fundamentals would take this team to the Cup. If one of those can't be found, perhaps someone like Dave Lowry could be an appealing and refreshing option?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What baffles me is that Hitch said he watches alot of college hockey because that's where the innovation is. The man has to be fully aware of what it takes to succeed

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Loved Lowry as a player. If he can instill the qualities he played with, like determination and perseverance, I think it's a good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad