Hitchcock Formal Announcement?

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
People just like to throw out the term "viable replacement" and then look the other way when many are listed. It fits their agenda.

In other news, this situation is biting the Blues in the ass hard regarding their assistant coach dilemma.

Personally, I love it. Armstrong likes to act smug a lot, so it should be funny to see how he deals with this. Great job chief.

Hell yes there have been and are better replacements. Two recent awsome coaches come to mind that we missed out on. Michael Sullivan and Bruce Boudreau. If we all had the time we could do Dick's job. Beings that Hitch is retiring then when do we start the Head Coach replacement search? Next summer? Why because there are one or two neames that may be available next summer assuming we are the only bidders. :help: This is a weak argument for keeping the status quo.

I realy believe Hich & Dick are happy with a Presidents Cup. Of course the icing on the cake is a Stanley. Hitch & Dick are not vested in this team like true Blues fans. When they finally retire they will not be posting on the Blues hfboards. They are just riding the Stillman gravy train.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Hell yes there have been and are better replacements. Two recent awsome coaches come to mind that we missed out on. Michael Sullivan and Bruce Boudreau. If we all had the time we could do Dick's job. Beings that Hitch is retiring then when do we start the Head Coach replacement search? Next summer? Why because there are one or two neames that may be available next summer assuming we are the only bidders. :help: This is a weak argument for keeping the status quo.

I realy believe Hich & Dick are happy with a Presidents Cup. Of course the icing on the cake is a Stanley. Hitch & Dick are not vested in this team like true Blues fans. When they finally retire they will not be posting on the Blues hfboards. They are just riding the Stillman gravy train.

Tell me how you really feel

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
Someone mentioned the lack of Asst coaching replacements is getting "worrisome". But at least we have a Head Coach in June, unlike Anaheim and Calgary, which I guess is good for us?

I'm looking around for clues as to who the Blues might be "wanting" and who might be interested, and I'm not getting excited over what is still out there. My hope (I'm good at hoping since I'm a Blues fan) is they are working on an surprise (to us) candidate, or maybe an assistant currently unavailable because of the playoffs. Assuming they want a former player (one who the players will relate to/respect moreso than Hitch who never played a game in the NHL), what are your thoughts on Rick Tocchet? Obviously he's got lots of experience as a player and as an assistant coach, and even some brief experience as a head coach. I know he got into trouble for gambling with Gretzky's wife, which I think that situation was way overblown.

I love the way Pittsburgh is playing - hard and fast - but of course they have a couple of the best players in the league right now so that might have more to do with it than just coaching/playing style. If we lose one or both of Backes and Brouwer, his style might not "fit" as well, but he does know the game having played in 1,200 NHL games and coached another 500.

Just curious what your thoughts might be on Rocket as a potential candidate for the Blues? Either as Asst, or Coach in waiting?

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not worried because we don't have assistants, I'm worried because Muller and Shaw were plan A.....

I wouldn't say Armstrong is in panic mode but if his first choices turned him down, then there's not too much to get excited for imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad