Hitch returns. Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I don't get anyone who defends Hitchcock. His system doesn't win in the playoffs I really believe Backes, Oshie ect will score if traded to another team in the playoffs. I think his system is our biggest issue.

He's just not a very good coach anymore he gets outcoached year after year in the playoffs.

People who say they don't think there are better coaches out there. I disagree he's living off his past reputation. He loses every year in the playoffs now. Any coach that can win a round is an upgrade now.

There may not have been coaches with a better resume but what he did 15 years ago really doesn't matter for our team. It's what he's done the past 4 years in the playoffs that matter. It wasn't a one year thing we couldn't score it's been every year.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Fan base idea of 'shake up' is trading Backes, Oshie + Berglund.
Army and Hitch idea of 'shake up' was after post-season advertise reckless mode, not resign Jackman and this summer trade Berglund to some late pick + young prospect and then sign Matt Cooke as a debt. :bb:

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Fan base idea of 'shake up' is trading Backes, Oshie + Berglund.
Army and Hitch idea of 'shake up' was after post-season advertise reckless mode, not resign Jackman and this summer trade Berglund to some late pick + young prospect and then sign Matt Cooke as a debt. :bb:

Sadly I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
I don't get anyone who defends Hitchcock. His system doesn't win in the playoffs I really believe Backes, Oshie ect will score if traded to another team in the playoffs. I think his system is our biggest issue.

He's just not a very good coach anymore he gets outcoached year after year in the playoffs.

People who say they don't think there are better coaches out there. I disagree he's living off his past reputation. He loses every year in the playoffs now. Any coach that can win a round is an upgrade now.

There may not have been coaches with a better resume but what he did 15 years ago really doesn't matter for our team. It's what he's done the past 4 years in the playoffs that matter. It wasn't a one year thing we couldn't score it's been every year.

Hitchcock is out of touch. His millennials comment was cringe as **** when I read it. Year after year he makes those types of comments on how he's finally learning how to teach young kids and he just fails to produce results. He's obviously one of the best hockey minds out there but he can't self evaluate and make changes once the season starts.

It's pretty easy to see how he could lose a locker room.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Hitchcock is out of touch. His millennials comment was cringe as **** when I read it. Year after year he makes those types of comments on how he's finally learning how to teach young kids and he just fails to produce results. He's obviously one of the best hockey minds out there but he can't self evaluate and make changes once the season starts.

It's pretty easy to see how he could lose a locker room.

I agree if you do the same thing year after year in the playoffs and it doesn't work I could see the players quitting on him the 4th year of it not working.

So maybe there is some merit to the players quitting on him but it's almost justified if they did.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
BAD! You can't invest 3 years in 1 direction and all of a sudden recreate a different style team with essentially the same roster. It's madness and it doesn't work. The Blues series against the Wild was in 1 word - ********. The worst playoff performance yet and for this he gets renewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad