Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
2 Stanley Cups buys a lot of goodwill. Win a couple of cups, you can do whatever you want.

This is fair... but that is not what is being discussed.

A little success goes a long way, Tkachuk is a good example... playoff choker until last year.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
In about 2 minutes of browsing your post history over the last 3 days I found atleast 5 posts of you indirectly defending the core and continuing to shit on Tre's version of the defense.

In fact looking through your post history, you are non-stop pushing the agenda that Tre's defensive acquisitions basically lost us the series, even though they performed significantly above expectations.

You're also out here shitting on Lou, Hunter, Tre, etc... for not creating anything winning yet mention absolutely nothing about Dubas' reign of failure for 5 years. In fact you've created a completely different standard for judging Dubas.

You're being intentionally obtuse and it's obvious, bye bye, you're a waste of time.
You're doing the right thing. No need to waste time on a bot.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
In about 2 minutes of browsing your post history over the last 3 days I found atleast 5 posts of you indirectly defending the core and continuing to shit on Tre's version of the defense.

In fact looking through your post history, you are non-stop pushing the agenda that Tre's defensive acquisitions basically lost us the series, even though they performed significantly above expectations.

You're also out here shitting on Lou, Hunter, Tre, etc... for not creating anything winning yet mention absolutely nothing about Dubas' reign of failure for 5 years. In fact you've created a completely different standard for judging Dubas.

You're being intentionally obtuse and it's obvious, bye bye, you're a waste of time.
I believe DfD and nb are the same person

Reactions: JKG33

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Where did you get the silly idea that 135 point teams aren't great?
Did the 135 point team win the cup? No? Well then they're not that great.
Great teams win cups, some even win multiple cups.

Others lose in the first round, you know the ones that aren't so great.

Reactions: JKG33

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
My thought s to keep AM, WN, MK. Move on from MM and JT. Need a culture change in how the top guys play in the playoffs. Fill in with the best players available.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Ovi has been out of the second round once...

The cup erases all of their failures.

View attachment 865781

I'd say that is as bad, or worse.

Also, a more successful regular season team.
Cant lie. All those first round exits by the Caps after a Cup look horrible. Looks more and more like it was just a product of a hot Holtby in net.

Vegas losing in the first round this year after a Cup and cap circumvention looks terrible too. Next year they better see at least a 2nd round with that roster.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
You asked for examples, I gave you an example, and now it is not good enough? Okay.

Look at Barkov leading Florida, 9 years of failure (still failing, just failing further into the playoffs)

Mac leading Colorado, 8 years of 1 round or less (Makar saved them).

Your Jets, as a franchise, have won 2 more series in their 24 years (lost 1-4 in the third round) than the Leafs with this core.

There are a TON of failures in the NHL.

There are probably not too many teams that make the playoffs 8 years straight, so this is a weird record to me.
I am going to look it up so there is some context to it

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Cant lie. All those first round exits after a Cup look horrible. Looks more and more like it was just a product of a hot Holtby in net.

Vegas losing in the first round this year after a Cup and cap circumvention looks terrible too. Next year they better see at least a 2nd round with that roster.

I feel like half the cup winners have one random great season, winning is hard.

Colorado is a great example, they have a terrible record outside of the one season they won, and they are a great team.

St Loius came out of nowhere.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
You asked for examples, I gave you an example, and now it is not good enough? Okay.

Look at Barkov leading Florida, 9 years of failure (still failing, just failing further into the playoffs)

Mac leading Colorado, 8 years of 1 round or less (Makar saved them).

Your Jets, as a franchise, have won 2 more series in their 24 years (lost 1-4 in the third round) than the Leafs with this core.

There are a TON of failures in the NHL.

There are probably not too many teams that make the playoffs 8 years straight, so this is a weird record to me.
NBA it has happened 27 times
Nhl 33 times
NFL 7 times
MLB 3 times (by far the toughest to make)

It is an accomplishment to make it 8 straight years no doubt.

It is also a rather horrible accomplishment to never win once you arrive

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Cant lie. All those first round exits by the Caps after a Cup look horrible. Looks more and more like it was just a product of a hot Holtby in net.

I'd give Vegas a pass just like Colorado got last year. Winning a cup is f***ing hard to do, and that's a lotta hockey to play in a calendar year. Stone looked very injured despite scoring a few goals. That's not unlike the Avs missing Landeskog.

I feel like half the cup winners have one random great season, winning is hard.

Colorado is a great example, they have a terrible record outside of the one season they won, and they are a great team.

St Loius came out of nowhere.
When Colorado wins, they do it in an incredibly convincing fashion. They look like they've got it again this year, but I'm sure you'll dismiss another potential Cup as them getting hot right?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
When Colorado wins, they do it in an incredibly convincing fashion. They look like they've got it again this year, but I'm sure you'll dismiss another potential Cup as them getting hot right?

Your reading comprehension is terrible.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Everyone's lost in the first round. How many have lost 6 (or 7, depending on if you view Columbus as rd 1 or missing the playoffs) times in 8 years? How many have won only a single round in that span?
Nobody is talking about 8 years, and round number doesn't mean a whole lot.
And for the record, many teams fail to find success within 8 years of finishing last overall.
Great teams lose all the time in the playoffs.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
The core 4/Dubas fanboys will have all their excuses lined up with meaningless stats and nonsense how this was just bad luck and we should give Marner 13 million X 8 and run it all back again. Oh ya and it’s all Treliving fault

Dubas sh*ts the bed 5 years in a row- give him more time, it's not his fault, it's covid !

Tre 5 min into the job - bro look at the state of LEAFS !!! I remember the good old Dubas days ! We could trade away picks like em sh*t be growing on trees!!! Tre ruined this team in two days! All the hard work fake glasses put in...

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Sure bud. Goaltending wasn’t the issue this playoffs. Beautiful numbers.

Bud, I have a news flash. This is your early cope of choice. We go into playoffs with Sammy and Woll. We lose and you are mad Sammy wasn't Swayman ?

We're playing the same Pejorative Slur game each year. What would happen if the current best goalie played for us? It was the same with Bobrovsi, Vasi, Rask, you name it.

Completly ignoring that we are playing perimeter hockey, making any goalie look great! Meanwhile, our D is non-existent. but let's pretend these goalies would thrive here! We do it every playoffs.

The most confusing part about it, is you expecting Sammy to play like Swayman, instead of expecting Matthews or Marner to play like Matthews or Marner. You wield weird logic bud.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
What garbage? Marner almost set up a second goal, right after the first. Had that gone in, Leafs likely win.

It was really Marner’s only play he generated and he otherwise folded again in a big game.

I have no idea what the hell that PR crap is about.

I had to watch it again. Marner made no brilliant play, he put the puck in a highly contested area for others to fight for. That's the play you liked from Mitch? It's not like literally any NHL player could make this play. And they do, all the time ,you rarely get praised for it and even if we scored, it would be 100% on the goal scorer. Sending floater in a general direction of the goal is hardly Wayne-like.

Tell me more about this great play of his :popcorn:

Better yet, narrate the whole game from Mitch's perspective, please. I already like your version better than reality!

Good new, Mitch is not going anywhere

Mitch Marner says goal is to remain with Maple Leafs long term

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I think it helped them play a style that could help them go on a deep run. Wearing down a team is usually helpful in a long series.

For whatever reason the Leafs collectively can never score in big games. No matter who the supporting cast is.

The core scored 50% of the goals again. The pronlem is always the 100% total is never enough.

With so much cap space going to the top 4, you are never going to have guys that are not reclaimation projects, or depth guys on cheaper deals.

Unless our draft picks can come in and make an impact like Knies.

For 8 million, Domi and Bert were fine. They did their job.
Who wore themselves out in this series? Boston looked fresher than us in Game 7 and didn't deal with the injuries we did

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Bud, I have a news flash. This is your early cope of choice. We go into playoffs with Sammy and Woll. We lose and you are mad Sammy wasn't Swayman ?

We're playing the same Pejorative Slur game each year. What would happen if the current best goalie played for us? It was the same with Bobrovsi, Vasi, Rask, you name it.

Completly ignoring that we are playing perimeter hockey, making any goalie look great! Meanwhile, our D is non-existent. but let's pretend these goalies would thrive here! We do it every playoffs.

The most confusing part about it, is you expecting Sammy to play like Swayman, instead of expecting Matthews or Marner to play like Matthews or Marner. You wield weird logic bud.

Having the worst goalie in the playoffs is hard to overcome. That should be our priority.

There's this narrative that Samsonov had to outplay Swayman, no he didn't. Samsonov just had to make all the routine saves, he couldn't. If Samsonov doesn't allow that weak goal against Frederic in Game 3 or against Lindholm in Game 7 - no one is talking about him. He allows 2 bad goals in 2 games we lose by 1. Those weren't the only bad goals he allowed either.

Why did Woll look so much better than Samsonov behind the same defense?

Samsonov went 0-4 against Swayman. Woll went 2-0.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It didn’t matter how much Dubas paid them. They couldn’t perform in the playoffs.
Like if AM plays like Mack in the playoffs, we could had easily won more than one round by now.
If MM plays like he does in the regular season, we could easily won more than one round by now.
JT was supposed to be the player who pushed us over but like the other two, he didn’t have that playoff gear.
Willie seemed to be only one who at the very least maintain his level in the playoffs.
You can’t have someone who only played 4 of the 7 games in the series leading the team in goals at THREE while also had as many goals as the top three forwards in term of salary and expect the team to win a series.
We can crap on Sammy all we want but how can any teams win a playoffs series if they can only score 2 goals per game?
I agree on Samsonov and the lack of goal support from his highly paid teammates. However, at some point you need to be able to rely on your goalie to stop a muffin of a shot or deflect a puck away from an oncoming enemy forward.

Samsonov was putrid on BOTH of Boston's goals. I coached teenage goalies that would have likely prevented both of those goals.

JMHO.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I had to watch it again. Marner made no brilliant play, he put the puck in a highly contested area for others to fight for. That's the play you liked from Mitch? It's not like literally any NHL player could make this play. And they do, all the time ,you rarely get praised for it and even if we scored, it would be 100% on the goal scorer. Sending floater in a general direction of the goal is hardly Wayne-like.

Tell me more about this great play of his :popcorn:

Better yet, narrate the whole game from Mitch's perspective, please. I already like your version better than reality!

Good new, Mitch is not going anywhere

Mitch Marner says goal is to remain with Maple Leafs long term

I’m not sure if it’s the reading comprehension or trolling…. It’s a horrible attempt either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad