Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Excellent, another floater that wants out, he outht to get a great return since he still has term……..

It is weird that you'd think he has a good return value since you value him so lowly and assuming all GMs would agree with your great hockey mind.

It's funny people want value for all our terrible players, they are all cap dumps if you read this board, we have to attach multiple 1sts to get rid of these contracts.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
odd statistic:

Montreal won 17 straight playoff series vs. Boston from 1945-46 all the way up to 1986-87 season if my eyes aren't fooling me

Took boston over 40 years to beat the Canadiens in a playoff match

They knew their share of heartache too, that is a ridiculous stat if it's accurate
NYR only won one cup in 84 years. Original 6 franchises all have some pretty weird records.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We are like the Washington Capitals if they lost in 2018 to the Pens...

Pens beat Caps in 2009, 2016 and 2017

CAps overcame them in 2018 and rode thst to a cup before becoming chokers and irrelevemt again. A one year miracle getting it done

Leafs just blew that chance and lost a 4th time to the bruins

I think not dealing Nylander at the 2023 draft and rebuilding/retooling after panthers will lead to 5 more years of medicore results before a 10 year rebuild begins

Marner likely gets his contract extension and we run this crap back for a 9th time

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I don’t advocate “turning up the thumb screws “ on Marner but if he won’t agreed to explore a trade I certainly wouldn’t negotiate a new contract this year. I would notify him that there would me no negotiation until free agency and if he walks it would be a shame to get nothing for him but it’s a lot better then signing him to a stupid cost long term deal

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Extremely well deserved.
Honestly even us believe Bruins would win at the end.
I am not saying won’t be thrill if Leafs won but I really never thought Leafs would had won after Game 4.
Not saying I am waiting for Bruins to score but even when Willie scored, great goal and all but I still think Bruins got this. Kind of like when during the Last Dance, Reggie said he looked at Bird after making that shot and Bird didn’t even smile as he still believe Jordan would win that game with a buzzer beater.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

myleafs

May 25, 2021
And then people say you can't blame Samsonov for allowing a muffin where the 3 goal scorer just chipped the puck to the net with no windup and it hit Samsonov's arm and went in... the next shot after the Leafs score to give the Bruins all the momentum.

Get this ECHL goalie out of here.
Your hate for Sammy and your inability to question the fab 4 or entertain the idea that they didnt do their job is interesting. Its a bone you wont let go of...what gives?

TonsofPuppies

Pack your shit, Shanny!
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
it wasnt the JT signing it was covid and the flat cap. if that never happened cap would never have been an issue
Agreed. However, the real issue here, an issue which encapsulates all of the problems with this organization as a whole, is that they failed to adapt to the situation. Sure, Dubas and Shanny's plan might have worked had the cap continued to rise like it had every year for the past 20 years and no, I don't blame them for not being able to foresee a worldwide pandemic occurring for the first time in 100 years, basically. Having said that, it IS their fault that they refused to alter the plan once that happened. They doubled down on it over and over and over despite the fact that it was never going to work.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don’t advocate “turning up the thumb screws “ on Marner but if he won’t agreed to explore a trade I certainly wouldn’t negotiate a new contract this year. I would notify him that there would me no negotiation until free agency and if he walks it would be a shame to get nothing for him but it’s a lot better then signing him to a stupid cost long term deal
someone has to show these clowns that the woodshed no longer exists and the over payments are a thing of the past. Full stop.............

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
We need to get something for him. As sad and mean as it may be.. he kind of needs to get run out of town, and quick.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

It's a set play. He gets that lot more than you think. This was years ago, Krug set him for at least two goals like this.

It just makes it an even bigger slap to the face. When Pasta starts loading up in his D zone, this is the play. Somehow Marner - Bergy 2.0 if you will, missed the memo.

He could use his 200 hockey IQ and just cover Bostons best player, or do his homework.

Pasta was hit and hit and hit and hit and hit again, just to score OT winner. There is no comparison to our players.

You think Gio would have warned Rielly and his mates. LOL.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
What's he worth? Our fanbase thinks nothing, what do other GMs think?
Retain a few million and he'll have enough worth to make it worth trading.

Cap's going up a bit too.

He's only getting traded if he agrees, which is more likely to a place he's willing to extend. I think we could get a couple good assets which could be flipped if not supporting an immediate retool.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
too funny, where do you guys come up with these excuses.............
well, what part exactly am I wrong on? you do realize the cap was suppose to go up 3+m the first year covid shut things down right?

you see when players sign for high percentage of the cap, as you move forward the cap rises every year making the overall percentage of those signings to lower and create cap savings. I figured over the years the cap should have/could have gone up by over 9m. in that time it went up by around 1.5-2m

would love you hear you explain where I'm making excuses.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
I think we should end this discussion as you just seem to want to vent your disappointment rather than having a healthy discussions.
We are all Leafsnation.
He has a serious bone to pick with Sammy and a all encompassing forgiveness towards the core 4 and their lack of scoring.

Reactions: Gabriel426

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Retain a few million and he'll have enough worth to make it worth trading.

Cap's going up a bit too.

He's only getting traded if he agrees, which is more likely to a place he's willing to extend. I think we could get a couple good assets which could be flipped if not supporting an immediate retool.

How much are you willing to retain? It's only a year, but we will play at a disadvantage all year.

Nylander + Matthews just got overpaid and their contracts kick in too.

I don't think we get much no matter what... he chooses where he goes.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
We are like the Washington Capitals if they lost in 2018 to the Pens...

Pens beat Caps in 2009, 2016 and 2017

CAps overcame them in 2018 and rode thst to a cup before becoming chokers and irrelevemt again. A one year miracle getting it done

Leafs just blew that chance and lost a 4th time to the bruins

I think not dealing Nylander at the 2023 draft and rebuilding/retooling after panthers will lead to 5 more years of medicore results before a 10 year rebuild begins

Marner likely gets his contract extension and we run this crap back for a 9th time
Marner won't be back.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
How much are you willing to retain? It's only a year, but we will play at a disadvantage all year.

Nylander + Matthews just got overpaid and their contracts kick in too.

I don't think we get much no matter what... he chooses where he goes.
Retain 3m if that's what it takes. Retain 50% if you get assets to make it worth it. Retain less, or nothing but make it a 3 way trade with another team retaining if it reduces the return.

If you're not keeping him after next year, get what you can. We need to move on to turn the page and drop guys who can't get it done when it counts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad