Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Marners job was to get in Pastas way and slow him down so Rielly had time to retrieve that puck. Not really Riellys fault when Pasta is coming in full speed and the bounce was perfect which made Sammy hesitate about what he should do. A former Leafs employee who I think worked on player development even said the same thing on twitter.
Don’t bother

Marners a selke winger but he can’t make plays defensively that are “too good”. 2 of the 3 Pastrnak’s goals were because Marner failed to recognize the play, quite the selke player. Great shutdown ability he showed

If nylander or Tavares make that same play, it’s being played like over here by the Marner fans like crazy.

But even then, Samsonov’s hesitation can’t happen, the puck needs to be played there

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
So instead he does nothing and let's Pastrnak do whatever he wants and put it in the net?
He was right to do nothing. A diagonal shoot-in is a play where a d-man has to track the puck. Also would have helped if Marner ran a bit of interference on Pastrnak instead of letting him enter the zone at full speed.
COME ON WIlly! COME ON MAN

Not surprised he's publicly defending his team. That's what they're trained to do.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
After watching this series play out, what I wish for us is to start developing a f***ing culture. This series you could kind of see our young guys Knies, Holmberg, Benoit, Dewar, Robertson even step out and play really well. The hardships and bad luck would have crippled this team in the past and they would have rolled over and perished in 5. However the way this team battled without Matthews to bring it to 7, that tight defence first hockey they played shows some growth.

Bring in a new coaching staff. Someone who isn't in their first NHL job. Bye Sammy. One big contract has to go. Spend it and other cap space on a 2C, D, and goaltending.

Brad Marchand tells all the young Bruins about what it means to be a Boston Bruin. Well what should it mean to be a Toronto F***king Maple Leaf? We're not there yet.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think many of us are just tired of saying and feeling the same thing over and over. A lot of posters are 'burnt out' and a lot of the angry posts have been said already multiple times.

I do agre with your 2nd point...complacency...just not caring, might be a worse sign than anger.

It comes down to just being tired of seeing the same faces year after year as an entertainment product. Their shortcomings are the same every year, their flaws as players are the same every year. Their character flaws and talking points are the same. There's no personal growth. There's no progression as a group. I don't think the 90s Red Wings are hiding somewhere in there.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Don’t bother

Marners a selke winger but he can’t make plays defensively that are “too good”. 2 of the 3 Pastrnak’s goals were because Marner failed to recognize the play, quite the selke player. Great shutdown ability he showed

If nylander or Tavares make that same play, it’s being played like over here by the Marner fans like crazy.

But even then, Samsonov’s hesitation can’t happen, the puck needs to be played there
He literally came off the bench and hopped in front of Pasta and then he coasted all the way back while Pasta just skated by him. I feel bad adding on to the pile on Marner but I'm not gonna blame Rielly there when we were in a 1-3-1 and Rielly was standing in our zone waiting for the dump in to happen thinking his winger was gonna slow down the forechecker. It's one of the most basic things a forward or your D partner do when the puck gets dumped in so you don't get killed all the time.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
yup it's sad the stupid f*** doesn't realize that it's the coach who instills the system and it's his failure why teams game plan for us to beat ourselves if that's what they are actually doing
Only a loser even says something like that, f***ing clown acting like he is not part of the team

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
yup it's sad the stupid f*** doesn't realize that it's the coach who instills the system and it's his failure why teams game plan for us to beat ourselves if that's what they are actually doing

I wonder what portion of the roster he's speaking about. Seems to imply a braindead part of the roster that's basically the core.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This mgmt and core need to be rebuilt for playoff roster construction .. Shanny needs to be fired tomorrow morning .. then a new hockey guy put in charge who understands how to build a playoff team .. then Tre gets 1 year to hire his own coach and trade Mitch JT and Rielly .. we need da CAP space to sign more forward depth and a 1D and a 1G .. 4 forwards don't win in playoffs EVER .. you need 2C 2D and a G as your core .. da Shannaplan is flawed by construction .. it works for regular season hockey but not playoff hockey

Reactions: Al14 and trilobyte

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Non Leaf fan here, but I don't hate them like the majority. I do think there's truth that you guys were right there. I honestly thought you outplayed Boston without your best player. They have an elite goalie though. He was the difference.

Marner seems to take all the heat, but Tavares is the problem with the roster. You could have a 2C and 2D with that money. The 2C would be better than him too.

Reactions: francis246

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I think it's become so default that he's going to look like shit no matter what that some delusional fans spin anything remotely positive into an "added bonus" that justifies JT's existence on the team.
Tavares is so ass that he has moral victories on a shift to shift basis lool

23 pts in 38 games as a leaf come playoffs

That is what I would expect from Tyler f***ing Bozak at 4.5M not John Tavares at 11M

I created a poll here earlier in the season where majority of ppl here votee hes 40% overpaid (valued at ~6.5M this year)

That was way to much. He is a 3M player. A little better than Kampf maybe

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I hope your feeling better , you've been missed !

regardless of whether we agreed i always appreciated your posts since i knew it was your honest opinion and you weren't trying to troll or get a rise out of people , hope to see you around more

imo Dubie got pissy because someone dared make him dance for his dinner and that's why he started melting down late last season culminating with his melt down at his year end presser . he's a clueless f***ing idiot that severely damaged our window and left the new GM a huge hole to dig us out of

thanks :) and the same! we've had our debates but it was always respectful even when we didn't agree (which is how it should be). I honestly can't make any promises but i usually pop around some in the summer time and if they make changes i'll obviously pop in more and try to chat it about it (lol or just ask a lot of questions so i can seem more smarter than i am haha).

i will agree, that i did not like how Dubas handled a lot of things. and I do remember that Shanahan was weirdly attached to the guy which never made sense to me?

i will also say as much as Dubas screwed up the team financially etc. this team let him down a lot. Treliving too. it is mental with this team. and honestly. I don't care - I personally wouldn't have played matthews tonight. the team was clicking without him (like playing smarter) without him. it just reminded me in that playoff series when Mats, Tucker and everyone got injured and Roberts & McCauley stepped it up and dragged that team to the conference finals and then it was "Oh! everyone is healthy!" and the team stopped doing what they were doing to get there. (Im not saying that i would have sat him out indefinitely - but i would have just stuck to what got you those really neat/tight wins in 5-6).

but i think this team needs a serious come to Jesus moment and just trade some people and move on.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Im on board with the fire keefe plan but what exactly do you want him to do here?

The last 3 games keefe I thought actually coached well. Montgomery got out coached games 5-7.

Keefe’s comments aren’t wrong. The leafs completely beat themselves this series. Turn overs and 1 for like 20 on the PP. then add on Samsonov was 1-4 in the playoffs.

If Woll is healthy we win the game tonight

Reactions: PanniniClaus

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
honestly i can remember big moments from Nylander in the playoffs and matthews.

Marner's big moments are puck over the glass penalties and his man skating by him on a set play.

ride out JTs contract and trade Marner tbh. Build up around matthews nylander and knies upfront and redo the defense.

Edmonson, lub, benoit and mccabe were admirable and id be ok keeping mccabe and benoit as the third pair with edmonson as number 7
need to rebuild the whole top 4 and getting tavares and marner off the cap helps with that.

finally f*** keefe leave him in Boston. f***ing every year the same coaching problems.
Seeing the 4th line out after a goal is scored is f***ing galaxy braining to another level it makes no sense. youve gone out ahead ride that momentum because theyre going to press it will give you odd man rushes. not sure what our coach is doing

Reactions: hockeyes

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Should be some interesting weeks ahead, but what they can do on the player front with all the NMCs we have? I don't see anyone waiving.

thanks :) and the same! we've had our debates but it was always respectful even when we didn't agree (which is how it should be). I honestly can't make any promises but i usually pop around some in the summer time and if they make changes i'll obviously pop in more and try to chat it about it (lol or just ask a lot of questions so i can seem more smarter than i am haha).

i will agree, that i did not like how Dubas handled a lot of things. and I do remember that Shanahan was weirdly attached to the guy which never made sense to me?

i will also say as much as Dubas screwed up the team financially etc. this team let him down a lot. Treliving too. it is mental with this team. and honestly. I don't care - I personally wouldn't have played matthews tonight. the team was clicking without him (like playing smarter) without him. it just reminded me in that playoff series when Mats, Tucker and everyone got injured and Roberts & McCauley stepped it up and dragged that team to the conference finals and then it was "Oh! everyone is healthy!" and the team stopped doing what they were doing to get there. (Im not saying that i would have sat him out indefinitely - but i would have just stuck to what got you those really neat/tight wins in 5-6).

but i think this team needs a serious come to Jesus moment and just trade some people and move on.
Don't be a stranger, Daisy.

Reactions: Al14

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He literally came off the bench and hopped in front of Pasta and then he coasted all the way back while Pasta just skated by him. I feel bad adding on to the pile on Marner but I'm not gonna blame Rielly there when we were in a 1-3-1 and Rielly was standing in our zone waiting for the dump in to happen thinking his winger was gonna slow down the forechecker. It's one of the most basic things a forward or your D partner do when the puck gets dumped in so you don't get killed all the time.

If Rielly is expecting Marner to voluntarily make physical contact with an opposing player for any reason whatsoever that’s an incredibly low IQ read from Rielly.

pentaguyy

May 2, 2022
Should be some interesting weeks ahead, but what they can do on the player front with all the NMCs we have? I don't see anyone waiving.

Don't be a stranger, Daisy.

It's on fans to get at their social media and that of their families to pressure them into waiving. Unhappy player means more likely.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Habs fan coming in peace. Was cheering for you guys against the ultimate evil. While we hate SN and some other TO centric media, I personally feel for you guys. We watched as bergevin wasted the prime of a good core while never making any changes. You guys did a lot to try to fix things yet to me you needed any secondary scoring. The special teams coach should be fired and yes we think nylander is the best of the big 4 but somehow marner will take all the blame deflecting from Mathews and Jonny t. Really hoping you get some changes . Going to hope mcdavid gets his shot this year so I am moving to cheering them and continuing to cheer against Boston. Like many you would have been better off going out in a sweep or 5 games. Too much of a chance of staying with the status quo. Good luck next year 👍

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Scored 1 goal…again

I don’t really care that nylander scored it, but only brain dead’s have to think there’s nothing wrong…

Nylander you had the same amount of points as Marner and he played all 7. You had more than tavares, and had 3 times the goals as Matthews

The core isn’t good enough, you guys never had a game where all of you did something
I know most of us expected this, but this is by far the worst loss.

It's the worst because it is 100% on management for not getting a goalie who can put up over .860 AND play more than two games.

Samsonov is a complete loser, I've never disliked a person I've never met more in my life. Absolute piece of shit who never should have been given the opportunity he had.

Lastly, it's the worst because the Bruins simply did not deserve it. They were handed every advantage, by incompetence, on a platter, and barely squeaked it out. Pasta scoring when he was absolute garbage all series, is just icing on the cake. At least the refs gave him the phantom call to get him into the game.

f*** everyone, Shanahan better be fired.
Their next excuse is support staff not good enough as they cash their cheques at the bank

If u want to complain about the goaltending go right ahead but our high powered offence scored 9 goals in 7 games
Powerplay was what? 1-24 or something
If marner sign at what he’s asking then forget just wasting years of our lives watching this
These guys actually played hard, some hope but at end of the day if big boys can’t score no chance
Team kept games close, all u can ask
Just needed over paid stars to produce!

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Im on board with the fire keefe plan but what exactly do you want him to do here?

The last 3 games keefe I thought actually coached well. Montgomery got out coached games 5-7.

Keefe’s comments aren’t wrong. The leafs completely beat themselves this series. Turn overs and 1 for like 20 on the PP. then add on Samsonov was 1-4 in the playoffs.

If Woll is healthy we win the game tonight
you can blame an earlier game on Sammy but not tonight's , he gave up 1 goal in 60mins which should be more than good enough to win

the last 3 games he coached like the rest of the league that has success in the playoffs , clog the slot/net front which take away clean looks and wait for opportunities on offense without overcomiting to maintain possession and giving up odd man rushes

piss poor special teams are on him and it costs us the series imo

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Habs fan coming in peace. Was cheering for you guys against the ultimate evil. While we hate SN and some other TO centric media, I personally feel for you guys. We watched as bergevin wasted the prime of a good core while never making any changes. You guys did a lot to try to fix things yet to me you needed any secondary scoring. The special teams coach should be fired and yes we think nylander is the best of the big 4 but somehow marner will take all the blame deflecting from Mathews and Jonny t. Really hoping you get some changes . Going to hope mcdavid gets his shot this year so I am moving to cheering them and continuing to cheer against Boston. Like many you would have been better off going out in a sweep or 5 games. Too much of a chance of staying with the status quo. Good luck next year 👍
Don’t worry, your rebuild will finish and the contention window will open before we do anything

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad