Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs are never winning with this core

You know it, I know it

Our core is poison. It spreads and leads to failure

They are never winning with this combination... of coaching and players.. I'd agree with that.. But that doesn't mean all of them won't be on a winner, and it certainly doesn't make your prior statement less ridiculous.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Love the grit. Love the effort. Love the defense. New President. New coaching staff. Trade Rielly and Marner.

It wasn't the grit or defence, you can be sure of that in this game.

It was offence.

They are paid to be an offensive-powerhouse and they made that clear in how their contracts were negotiated.

They simply did not deliver, again.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
a lot of us hate on these guys but how many of us have our lives in order ourselves. I just don’t care anymore as much. over investment in one ended relationships aren’t healthy after a certain age. try and enjoy the sun tomorrow fellas
you are in the wrong place..

Reactions: ruaware41

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
One guy shouldn't have to score all the goals. It's ridiculous.

After every friggen game I'd be posting, "this guy needs to produce" or, "that guy needs to produce" but nooooo... how does a guy who misses the first three games end up leading the team in goals in the series?

I get that Marner does some shit defensively, but this guy isn't f***ing Bobby Holik. If he's not going to score or assist on goals more often or at critical moments, he needs to go. He's had enough chances. He just doesn't have it in the playoffs. Not with this team anyway. Maybe he can go and be a Phil Kessel (in PIT) somewhere.

I guess only Nylander scored for us in game 6 and 7. That's pretty awesome for him and pathetic for the rest of the team and coach.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Rielly's time is up. That money needs to be spent on a true alpha who can simply do more, more often and be a gamer. His little daydreaming stick check on Pasta unaware of body positioning and puck in that OT goal was just so Morgan. Weak D, critical time.
He doesn’t reallly bring anything to the table anymore. So soft and not a winner.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Swayman was by far the best player in the series and we lost the special teams battle handily. Pretty amazing, considering, that we came within a goal of pulling out a win.
Such a classic Leafs thing that we could have had Swayman in the 2017 draft. Instead:

IMG_0586.jpeg

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
They are never winning with this combination... of coaching and players.. I'd agree with that.. But that doesn't mean all of them won't be on a winner, and it certainly doesn't make your prior statement less ridiculous.
Matthews cant be the best player on a cup team

Nylander 2nd

Rielly 3rd

Tavares cant be a top 6 player and marner hasbt shown anything either

Of course the last statement was hyperbolic but we need 1 or 2 better players than matthews/nylander/rielly to win a cup

60 pt players dont win cups

Mackinnon or Makar type franchise piece is needed to come steer the ship

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad