Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
After all the years of disappointment it just doesn't hurt that much anymore

I will forever be a leafs fan but my passion and emotions are now contained

Excited to see if major changes will actually happen to Management, coaching and roster this time around

Yeah this is more like an inevitable numbness. Like I would've been excited if they won and looked forward to Florida but this team has beefed it so much that I'm used to it. Can't be bothered to get too depressed or angry. It is what it is. This is the Leafs at their core.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
With a better coach we win that series. They can not continue on with this loser coaching staff.

MM and Rielly really pissed me off. Sammy too but he was always dicey and makes peanuts.

Keefe is pathetic and Shanahan deserve to get axed for putting his faith in Dubas and Keefe for so long. Don't give af about Tre either way.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
They made it interesting but this series ended like the rest. There’s no longer any good will to be had from almost had it results. They’re all viewed as failures with each one greater than the last.
Significant change can be looked at as a mercy killing at this point.

Reactions: TheShape

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Didn't really effect me this time. Maybe cause you are used to it now

i thought it wouldn't affect me but i'm upset. this was a heartbreaking loss.

six straight game 7 losses... four of them against the bruins., two of those in OT...

f***. just adds to the lore of the leafs, a franchise that finds ever new ways to let its fans down and serve as the laughingstock of the league and the cartoonish villain team that gets slayed every year to thunderous applause.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Not even mad at Sammy. One f***ing goal again.

One guy shouldn't have to score all the goals. It's ridiculous.

After every friggen game I'd be posting, "this guy needs to produce" or, "that guy needs to produce" but nooooo... how does a guy who misses the first three games end up leading the team in goals in the series?

I get that Marner does some shit defensively, but this guy isn't f***ing Bobby Holik. If he's not going to score or assist on goals more often or at critical moments, he needs to go. He's had enough chances. He just doesn't have it in the playoffs. Not with this team anyway. Maybe he can go and be a Phil Kessel (in PIT) somewhere.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Rielly's time is up. That money needs to be spent on a true alpha who can simply do more, more often and be a gamer. His little daydreaming stick check on Pasta unaware of body positioning and puck in that OT goal was just so Morgan. Weak D, critical time.
this is the perfect description of #44 game

Reactions: PromisedLand

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Sammy just never steals a game. But you can't blame him for this game. The other losses in the series, partially, but tonight was our offense again shitting themselves.
Completely agree. I’m only talking about today. He showed up when called upon and kept the Leafs in the game.

Not a fan of the finger pointing at Sammy for tonight’s loss when the focus should be the lack of scoring, particularly the struggling PP.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
They played against an absolutely awful Bruins team and they scored more than 2 goals once.

I can't believe this loser mentality still exists, this team was a f***ing embarrassment 5 years ago...now? It's just sad.

It's beyond sad actually, it's now funny how sad it is.
Since when is Boston awful? They had like 125 points last season and this year almost won the President’s Trophy.

Reactions: lopey

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
Post-game media chatter feels a lot like 2022 vs. Tampa where we got "respect in the handshake line." Even Keefe might be safe.

Mar 26, 2010
Something big needs to change here

We need PMD. Our transition game sucks. No wonder we cannot drive any offense when the games are tight.

Rielly isn’t good enough as our top D. Everyone else is a 4 at best.
No no, they need a goalie. That is by far the most important thing.

Reactions: Maxmann

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad