Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
The silver lining here is I am not going to watch another hockey game until next October.

Normally I am angry after a loss, but the boys showed some heart. Sucks to lose off a terrible bounce like that but this is what happens when you create a hole for yourself.

Reactions: aingefan

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
How can they be a professional hockey team but still suck so much at winning hockey games.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Keefe and Marner are the first pieces that need to go..Nylander and Matthews will be ok ..it was expected to end like this so i am not that upset

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The best shot they had was killing the last ten minutes after that first goal. When regulation ended, I knew what the result would be.

I'm not mad at most of the team, though. A lot of guys played hard and it's not fair to lump them in with those who were disappointing.

Marner has to go at this point. It just isn't working. There have been so many series where he could have been a difference-maker by just scoring or assisting on a goal at a critical moment. I still think they should let JT walk next year. Make some changes and do the things that worked well again next year and see what happens. All you can do is try.

Reactions: saffronleaf

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
have to get rid of Tavares , your not going anywhere with that loser and it's a disgrace how they continually pimp him while all he does is stumble around the ice doing nothing

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Leafs did great coming back. Honestly, I think that this core has earned one more year to get the job done. Shanny has built a great team, they just got unlucky. I don't see any major changes being made.
They NEED to make some major changes. Previously I was in favor of keeping the core together and trying again, but this playoffs has proven beyond a doubt that big things need to change. Its INSANE to see all these highly paid players barely able to score when it counts the most in the playoffs. Time to make some big moves and shake things up because the current mix can't do it.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Honestly game 7 was a toss up and games 5-7 was pretty much all Leafs. It’s about learning how to win so it doesn’t become a coin toss. Game 3 and 4 were awful all around

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Another series where we played well enough to win but just can't win. Time to clean house and get entire new coaching staff because everyone on that staff failed and shake up the core because they failed as well, especially on the PP. No excuse for that PP to be under 10% and idc who the PP coach is, those players are way too talented to be that bad with a man advantage. Crazy that Woll gets injured after he shifted momentum in this series and can't go game 7. Like wtf is that luck.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
On the bright side we'll see some BIG changes that are long overdue.

- Marner needs to f*** off, inform him he will not be re-signed and to make a list. 8 years in a row the guy is a complete disgrace in the playoffs

- Keefe needs to f*** off, bring in a real coach and a guy who can run a powerplay above 5%

- Shanahan needs to f*** off

- Re-sign Tavares at 4-5M or let him walk, his legs are cooked

- Re-sign Domi and Bert

I wasn't expecting this team to compete for a cup this year, so it doesn't really hurt like in years past. Just really want to see some major changes.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Well, boys, yet another one of these endings. It's been a blast shooting the shit with everyone. Even you, @Evilhomer ;)

I have money on Florida to win the cup, so I'll be in Around the NHL, then she's night night till next season.
I have to eat my words (and the money I lost). I hate this result, but that was a hell of an effort by the Leafs. Cold comfort.

I apologize if I irritated anyone this season. I thought this one was a lock.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
They finally have an excuse to clean house. Send Shanahan packing. Fire Keefe. Hire Joel Quenneville. Trade Marner for D/G upgrades. Losing this series is the best thing that could've happened to this team we would've gotten mopped by the Panthers anyway. Let's blow this shitshow up

Do they sign a goalie long-term, or as a stopgap until next summer when A) they are out from under the Tavares contracts; and B) when there are a bunch of good goalies available in free agency (assuming they don't all sign before then)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad