Hischier vs Patrick vs Heiskanen vs Makar vs Pettersson

2017 top 5 redraft?

• Total voters

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I am comparing rookie season to rookie season. The one where NJ is a better team than the Canucks and the year that NJ had better players. When Petey has his sophomore season like Nico, then we can compare.

It's funny that you bring up that NJ is a worse team. Nico is unable to carry the team himself, as evidenced by his anemic production when Hall went down.

The Canucks are a better team, albeit by 10 points only. You know why? Because EP carried our entire team on his back, something that Nico is incapable of doing.

I use Corsica for all my stats becuase it is the most up to date.
Hischier didnt slump lol, he outpaced his rookie year while being better defensively and all mostly without Hall

I see no reason to compre rookie to rookie year when theyre the same age. And as if Pettersson carries his team anywhere? Lol

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Thats fine. It probably would have gone that way even after hindsight.

But I'm pretty sick of people ****ting on EP's defensive side when the guy is a wizard at takeaways, shotblocks and his insane OZF. He draws more penalties, his corsi is way better even on a worse team while playing with worse teammates. If Hall was on the Canucks, EP would absolutely destroy Nico in every category I think.
I don’t even know why we are arguing about this. They are both elite players and devils fans are very happy bc we are now about to get jack Hughes. Barzal had a phenomenal rookie season and then was brought back down to earth a little bit his second year so we will see how ep does next season. Devils also have so many holes in the lineup mainly defense and goalie but the forward core is starting to come together it just doesn’t help that we only have one good defender who can get the forwards the puck. We feel that Nico has many more levels of growing offensively and it will come bc he has great hands and is very talented we are not worried about him producing points. Zacha is a different story and we think he will do really well if on a line with Hughes

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Thats fine. It probably would have gone that way even after hindsight.

But I'm pretty sick of people ****ting on EP's defensive side when the guy is a wizard at takeaways, shotblocks and his insane OZF. He draws more penalties, his corsi is way better even on a worse team while playing with worse teammates. If Hall was on the Canucks, EP would absolutely destroy Nico in every category I think.
Youre simply overhyping him. Making him sound like some two-way monster that he isnt even close to being

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Why can't people project? Otherwise what is the fun in this kind of poll? It is who you would pick in order in a redraft so why can't we foresee that the future of Makar is better than others just because he has only played 3 playoff games? Of course all 4 others have a more proven body of work. That is 100 percent obvious. Those that have watched Makar play in college and in the playoffs can see his obvious talents.

If going by just what all have accomplished so far then it would have to be EP or Heiskenen then Hischier, Patrick and last Makar.

Petterson and Heiskenen also have immense upsides, but IMO Cale can be even better. Admittedly I do have a bit of bias because to me his personality is great too. Kid seems down to earth, genuine, fun and very humble. Charisma can go a long way.

Its true, Heiskanen while being f***in awesome in basically evertyhing he does, do not possess the same dynamic game that Makar does. Its up to Makar to make use of his immense talent, but for now it's Heiskanen until proven otherwise(could easily see this happening)

Reactions: Makar27

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have started to follow the Avs in the playoffs now that my teams have been ousted and have been nothing but amazed my Makar's ability . Foot work , edge's , passing , speed and brain just scream elite , sky's the limit .

Reactions: Makar27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Who knows.

They all have number one upside.

Heiskanen, Hischier and Peterson look better ATM. Makar looks like he can be a gamebreaker.

I think people sleep on Patrick a lot though. Kid is talented, like, number one C talent.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I am comparing rookie season to rookie season. The one where NJ is a better team than the Canucks and the year that NJ had better players. When Petey has his sophomore season like Nico, then we can compare.

It's funny that you bring up that NJ is a worse team. Nico is unable to carry the team himself, as evidenced by his anemic production when Hall went down.

The Canucks are a better team, albeit by 10 points only. You know why? Because EP carried our entire team on his back, something that Nico is incapable of doing.

I use Corsica for all my stats becuase it is the most up to date.

C'mon now, it's come down to this - Nico can't carry a team by himself but EP can? Really? What a stupid take.

EP has the advantage now after a phenomenal rookie season, but they're both still very early in their careers so a lot can (and probably will) still change. Will be interesting to see how EP responds next season - many seem to act like his production the first half of the season will be the norm and that the 2nd half (when he was "carrying" the team to a below NHL .500 finish) was an aberration, but we'll see.

For now, I'd go with:
Heiskanen
EP
Nico
Makar
Patrick

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
It will end up being:

1. Makar
2. Petterson
3. Heiskanen

All 3 are potential HOFers IMO. Slight advantage to Makar and Petterson now as they look like they are on teams with better futures over next 5 years. Colorado best chance to win the cup in near future and surprisingly Canucks trending quickly up.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
When all is said and done it will end up:
Pettersson (already in the top 10 in points this early season and is just starting to heat up)
Heiskanan
Hischier
The last two are harder imo.

Last edited:

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Pettersson
Makar
Heiskanen
Hischier
Patrick

Hischier is a tremendous talent and I feel bad for Patrick, more than anything (hope he bounces back, as he has talent), but the top 3 guys have out-of-this-world skill. All 3 have the potential to be top 5 at their position.

Reactions: cgf

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Pettersson and Makar are quite clearly far ahead of the rest, Pettersson is one of the most skillful and smart players I have seen in very long, and Makars start to this season has been insane.
1. Pettersson
2. Makar

3. Hischier
4. Heiskanen

5. Patrick

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Patrick clearly last ATM and its a shame because I feel he'd be up there with the rest. Is this the best top 5 in history though? Assuming the five players and not two really strong like Lafleury/Dionne.

Anyway,
Pettersson
Makar
Hischier
Heiskanen
Patrick

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Probably the guy who put up 80 points in his first 82 Games is top 10 in NHL scoring followed by Makar then Heiskanen

Patrick wouldn't even be in the top 5. Probably go with carolina's czech stud

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Pettersson
Makar
Heiskanen
Hischier
Patrick

Hischier is a tremendous talent and I feel bad for Patrick, more than anything (hope he bounces back, as he has talent), but the top 3 guys have out-of-this-world skill. All 3 have the potential to be top 5 at their position.

That was my vote last Spring. I should have stuck with my gut and put Makar 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad