HFWF OT #9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ain't gonna say, yo.

Also. Fellow Leafs fans. We worried about Nylander yet?

No.

He has an awful agent. Has a history of his clients coming off of ELC's to hold out until the end of camp, or even a couple games into the season, only to sign a long-term deal at a resonable to good cap hit for the team. We have an adbundance of wingers we can roll with to start the year.

I'd be more worried if either side was talking, and throwing out numbers to the media and stuff, but Friedman and McKenzie have both said neither said is saying anything what so ever. It'll get done when it gets done.

The world these days is about instant gratification. People want everything to happen right away.

It was reported like 2 days before Miles Wood signed with NJD, that both sides weren't even talking and then boom, 4 year deal. Shea Theordore and Vegas just worked out a 7 year deal. Anaheim and Nick Ritchie haven't come to terms. So no, there's nothing to be worried about.

If either side starts talking, then you kinda get worried.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, no one knows shit, but acts like they do.

Is Kyle Dubas lowballing? Is William Nylander asking for an insane amount? Is the hold up on the little things like bonuses and lockout protection? Whether the deal is front loaded or back loaded? Are they miles apart? Are they close to a deal?

Like, no one knows anything actually happening, so I don't get how people can pass judgment.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm just assuming it's not about money and is about years right now.

Nylander probably wants 6 to cash in again before he's 30. Leafs probably want 8.

But as noted. Nobody knows shit.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
6 years instead of 8 also (usually) means a higher cap hit, something the Leafs likely aren't keen to provide given that they have Marner and Matthews' respective contract negotiations to look forward to next summer.

Whatever Nylander gets, those two are sure to get more - barring an explosive season from Nylander.

Dubas talked himself into a corner by insisting he'd make it work with moving any core pieces, and I believe he will but it's proving to be a challenge.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Just bridge him and be forced to trade his rights in a year or two when you have to sign Matthews and Marner already. Leafs always hogging the media attention, smh.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Speaking of long agonizing waits:

How's everything going @SeidoN ? Out of the hospital and all good yet ? @Max Money didn't suffocate you with a pillow like the cowardly heel he is, did he ?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Speaking of long agonizing waits:

How's everything going @SeidoN ? Out of the hospital and all good yet ? @Max Money didn't suffocate you with a pillow like the cowardly heel he is, did he ?

I got out a couple days ago but I've just been chilling at my parents house recovering.

Max didn't have the balls to try anything, but one afternoon I was disappointed in the lunch I received from the hospital canteen and Cor tagged the cook who made it. Was very awkward.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Not worried about Nylander at all. The Athletic had an article where they showed what players get when they hold out this long. I think every player (including Nylander comparables) signed a team friendly contract.

Nylander will sign a 7 year, 6.5M AAV contract.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Osuna signed a peace bond for 1 year, the crown dropped the charges.

Our society is so stupid. Unless things changed, there was evidence and it was believed he actually did commit the abuse that night, and potentially other times, but he's an athlete so just don't do it again for a year!

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
with pageau injured, that seems to be right....
Duchene
Chaplik
Pyatt
White

bruhhh.... what the hell lol.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't see Smith as much as Sens fans (obviously) but I find it hard to believe there's not room for him on that team and nobody is gonna help Melnyk out of paying him (which seems to be what he obviously wants).

That team though. Duchene raging now. Yikes.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Osuna signed a peace bond for 1 year, the crown dropped the charges.

Our society is so stupid. Unless things changed, there was evidence and it was believed he actually did commit the abuse that night, and potentially other times, but he's an athlete so just don't do it again for a year!

I blame the Crown for not being more vigilant. I guess they must abide by their client's best interests? Whoever Osuna's significant other at the time, I believe she's back in Mexico now, maybe she didn't want to press charges or anything, maybe the whole ordeal was overblown and got "TMZ"'d.

It is fascinating that after five months, the whole mess is over and nothing gets done. It's been business as usual for Osuna for a while now, and the Jays as well. Hopefully the alleged victim can live peacefully going forward.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I don't see Smith as much as Sens fans (obviously) but I find it hard to believe there's not room for him on that team and nobody is gonna help Melnyk out of paying him (which seems to be what he obviously wants).

That team though. Duchene raging now. Yikes.

Duchene is pretty mad. he probably expressed interest in resigning and Melnyk's like f*** that, lets disappoint him now...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I blame the Crown for not being more vigilant. I guess they must abide by their client's best interests? Whoever Osuna's significant other at the time, I believe she's back in Mexico now, maybe she didn't want to press charges or anything, maybe the whole ordeal was overblown and got "TMZ"'d.

It is fascinating that after five months, the whole mess is over and nothing gets done. It's been business as usual for Osuna for a while now, and the Jays as well. Hopefully the alleged victim can live peacefully going forward.

Osuna didn't even appeal his suspension. He handed over half a year of his salary. No one does that if they are innocent IMO.

The women moved to Mexico and refused to come back to testify, so the crown couldn't do anything.

I have my idea on what happened, it doesn't matter though. He gets to keep on pitching. Houston is the perfect organization for him...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What do you mean looked into?
They’re doing that environmental analysis which was a big hurdle. It’s prerty much given to happen.

All I can think of is my home value going up with it 3 minutes away by car and 7 or so by bus. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad