HFWF OT 2 -- #TeamVERONICA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I think the only reason guys like Vats and Dumba were exposed was because their teams already told Vegas that they would simply trade them away before giving them away for free, thus putting Vegas in a stranglehold of sorts. For instance, Minny probably just said something like, "we'll just trade Dumba before the trade freeze and you can pick up lesser assets or you could take Haula + Tuch and we both are happy."

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think the only reason guys like Vats and Dumba were exposed was because their teams already told Vegas that they would simply trade them away before giving them away for free, thus putting Vegas in a stranglehold of sorts. For instance, Minny probably just said something like, "we'll just trade Dumba before the trade freeze and you can pick up lesser assets or you could take Haula + Tuch and we both are happy."

Vegas could have also called their bluff tho. Either they get Dumba (cause Minny was somehow unable to trade him) or they take the player they already have now.

It is smart to get some picks or w.e tho with the guy they took.

Vegas could have been such a better team tho, their gonna be awful for a while.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
They approached it, in theory, the right way. No point drafting a team that is okay. Not good enough to do anything but not bad enough to draft too high either.

Sucking right off the bat is the right approach.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I don't hate the hawks like I used to, as a canucks fan
But these trades are still hilarious

Edit: Stepan and Raanta to Arizona now too
Crazy day already
Let's keep this up

Last edited:

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Hjalmarsson and Panarin would both have their contracts up in 2 years while Saad and Murphy bring more term to the table. I think the Hjalmarsson deal is fine, while the other one is a toss up. Small roster downgrade overall for a top team in order to potentially bring in another player.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'd be pissed af if Lou trades for Hamonic.

I mean...Minnesota has 3 defencemen I'd rather have but there's not many options out there right now and the Leafs DO need a top 4.

I'm okay with Hamonic depending on what we're giving up. Definitely think we could have topped the return on Hjalmarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad