HFWF OT 2 -- #TeamVERONICA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Considering how the only good thing i can think of Bergevin doing was getting Vanek for pennies on the dollar from someone possibly dumber than he is, i would find it tough to argue against him being the worst GM in the league.

The bad:

- Signed Andrew Shaw to a head scratcher of a contract

- Traded away franchise's best d-man since probably Chris Chelios

- Refuse to address glaring hole at center and instead chose to load team up with "depth" like Dwight King and Steve Ott

- Has produced jack **** through draft picks

- Waited too long to can Mr Rispek da system and replaced him with someone who comes from the same damn mold.

Good:

- Vanek deal

- Hasn't managed to drive Carey Price out of town yet.

Bad, but i still think if i had to pick the worst GM, it's Garth Snow. He might even be an all-timer depending what happens with Tavares in the next year.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I see the work in Montreal and the Island as similar at the very basic level.

Sure. Lots of differences but at the end of the day there's a franchise player just sitting there waiting to win.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Our player development is the worst in the league over the past decade. A chart was posted on the Habs board.

I can't think of one guy the Bergevin tenure has developed into a full-time NHLer aside from Lehkonen who was lucky enough to avoid the AHL.

The Vanek trade gave me false hope that we had a gem of a GM. Then he held Therrien for too long, brought in too many grinders while not filling glaring needs and just continued being a stupid idiot.

I could have somewhat forgiven him if he traded Subban for Draisaitl++ like rumoured, or even one +. Instead he did what he did cause he's a stupid idiot.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I spent like three days trying to think of a garbage title for OT part 2
Then I forget about it when it was on page 40
Thx mcg

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
On the opposite end of the MCG spectrum as usual, I'm about to go drinking in the park with my friends cause its a nice day and am probably gonna wind up drunk texting HFBoards from the back of an Uber like last weekend. :)

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
While the Leafs have always been my favourite team, I actually liked Ottawa quite a bit as a kid. Hossa and Havlat were my favourite players after Sundin. I liked Redden and Todd White a lot too and maybe Alfie as well (yuck). I used to play as them a **** ton in the old NHL games' dynasty modes.

Definitely don't feel the same about them anymore lol, but Karlsson is one of my favourite players today.

OT, but Brendan Morrison was always one of my very favourite players as well.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I liked Ottawa when I was younger too
Spezza was cool, liked Redden as well

Also as a nucks fan, I'm glad people have liked Brendan Morrison
I think I emulated his style of play quite a bit when I played hockey

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I remember when I first started watching sports, I picked favourite teams based on who won the first game I watched. That's how I became a Golden State Warriors fan in 2004. >_>

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
On the opposite end of the MCG spectrum as usual, I'm about to go drinking in the park with my friends cause its a nice day and am probably gonna wind up drunk texting HFBoards from the back of an Uber like last weekend. :)

Imma show up in Trinity Bellwoods shouting your username. Might as well make this real awkward.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

:handclap: I'm about to head out and crack open some cold ones with the boys, patio style. Enjoy your night everyone

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lifted, played tennis, cut the grass, and played basketball. That's a day right there. I feel like i'm 15 again.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Considering how the only good thing i can think of Bergevin doing was getting Vanek for pennies on the dollar from someone possibly dumber than he is, i would find it tough to argue against him being the worst GM in the league.

The bad:

- Signed Andrew Shaw to a head scratcher of a contract

- Traded away franchise's best d-man since probably Chris Chelios

- Refuse to address glaring hole at center and instead chose to load team up with "depth" like Dwight King and Steve Ott

- Has produced jack **** through draft picks

- Waited too long to can Mr Rispek da system and replaced him with someone who comes from the same damn mold.

Good:

- Vanek deal

- Hasn't managed to drive Carey Price out of town yet.

Bad, but i still think if i had to pick the worst GM, it's Garth Snow. He might even be an all-timer depending what happens with Tavares in the next year.

How on earth did you forget the gomez deal that gave us McDonagh? :naughty:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
had the most bizarre dream last night. they did a WWE edition of Masterchef, final 3 were Charlotte, Johnny Gargano and Pete Dunne. Gargano was the favourite but Gordon Ramsay kept getting pissed off at him for constantly making bad food puns

I should lay off the cheese at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad