Prospect Info: HFSJ '22 Draft: Filip Bystedt (C) - Linkoping/SHL (Round 1, 27th overall)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Swedish centre Filip Bystedt had a strong draft season, impressing in the Swedish J20 league and on the international stage. Playing in the Linkoping HC system, Bystedt was one of the best players in the Swedish junior league. He put up 16 goals and 33 assists for 49 points in 40 games for the J20 team. He also added one goal and nine assists for ten points in eight playoff games. Bystedt led the league in assists in both the regular season and playoffs. He also helped Linkoping to the J20 Championship. Bystedt also had some time in the J18 league. In two games he scored one goal and three points. He also earned an SHL call-up, though ice time was a bit hard to come by for the 17-year-0ld. In 15 games, Bystedt scored one goal and one assist.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I like the pick. Size at the center position gives him an edge. He’ll most likely be on the WJC team with Eklund. I don’t know a lot about him but looking forward to learning more about him.
What do you like about him other than his size? Why do you like the pick? Please, give me something.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Filip Bystedt - 6’4, 205 lbs, Linköping HC

Bystedt is a large, smooth-skating center with a hell of a shot and good playmaking skills. The combinations of skills that Bystedt possesses should make him a clear cut first rounder but he, as with a lot of young players, has consistency issues. You don’t always get the effort, the high-quality play and the full Bystedt experience. But when you get it, you get blown away. If he can fix some of those consistency issues and effort issues, the team that drafts him will get a really good middle-6 center with some solid upside potential.

Draft range: Late 1st-early 2nd round.

From Mikael Holm

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
1657248302288.png

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
So someone they should have picked with their second second rounder but could break out if he can find some offense.

This just seems like a random bott sixer you draft in the third but might suddenly be a top six guy. I really don't get jt

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
What do you like about him other than his size? Why do you like the pick? Please, give me something.
The Sharks scouts and management know a lot more about him than me so that’s a start. I trust their work and the judgement on the kid. I like his size, that’s a frame you can build on. He’s Swedish and will more than likely play on the national teams which is good for his development. The highlights I’ve seen are impressive as well. Just my feeling.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
i am not judging the scouting, but unless they had some intel on him getting taken sooner should have saved for 2nd round and taken BPA(lambert). dumb use of assets

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The Sharks scouts and management know a lot more about him than me so that’s a start. I trust their work and the judgement on the kid. I like his size, that’s a frame you can build on. He’s Swedish and will more than likely play on the national teams which is good for his development. The highlights I’ve seen are impressive as well. Just my feeling.
So you like him because he’s big and he’s Swedish. Great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad