HFSens 1st Round Mock Draft [Round 1 Complete]

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Sorry boys, didn't end up getting a chance to hop on after work. Hanifin is the perfect fit for the Leafies in that spot though. Wanted Marner, but since he went #3 to Arizona I'm happy with the Hanifin pick.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I honestly didn't see the top 5 playing out this way. I'm shocked! :sarcasm:

Muahahahaha! Strome falls to me!

The Leafs (fans) were gunning for Strome as their choice. They desperately wanted a potential #1C star. They're going to be so mad with this selection, even though it might be exactly what their team needs.

Marner to PHX? Interesting...

Surprised PHX chose Marner here, but it definitely is not out of the realm of possibility. I figured they wouldn't take Hanifin either - they need a star scorer.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I honestly didn't see the top 5 playing out this way. I'm shocked! :sarcasm:

The Leafs (fans) were gunning for Strome as their choice. They desperately wanted a potential #1C star. They're going to be so mad with this selection, even though it might be exactly what their team needs.

Honestly most Leafs fans seem to be interested in Marner (maybe that's the Hunter connection more than anything). Seems like a pretty even split between those who like Strome or Hanifin. The Leafs need help everywhere, so I have no issue with the BPA, haha.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I would be surprised if the pick Connor or zacha. Lots of really good options at 7.

Yeah for sure. Zacha though after watching him a lot is a project pick IMO.

But at the same time could be in the nhl very quickly.

I caught him cheating a lot in the break out in the games I saw. Buf the tools he has makes him a top guy for sure.

He needs to put it together though.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Judt waking up, will make my pick once I coffee.

suspense.gif

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I love how even in an HFSens mock draft by totally anonymous internet randos, the Oilers have once again failed to address the blueline in their draft.

That's kind of a unique take on art imitating life I guess, haha.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I love how even in an HFSens mock draft by totally anonymous internet randos, the Oilers have once again failed to address the blueline in their draft.

That's kind of a unique take on art imitating life I guess, haha.

Pretty much, but if they go BPA and take a forward, they can still easily trade for D help if they would just be reasonable trade partners and stop asking for the moon in exchange for one of their young forwards.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Pretty much, but if they go BPA and take a forward, they can still easily trade for D help if they would just be reasonable trade partners and stop asking for the moon in exchange for one of their young forwards.

Yeah, the "no trades" rule in this mock draft definitely doesn't help their case here, I just thought it was funny.

GenerationalStar*

I don't think the Sens pick should be auto'd

If Sens Mile doesn't make his pick I volunteer to make it for him

GenerationalStar*

Went a bit off the board, but we need some high impact guys. We got enough of the character guys imo.

GenerationalStar*

He picked Karlsson, so you never know.

We likely won't take Sprong, but it'll be a big mistake imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad