HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
9oa

Michael Rasmussen. From everything that I have read and seen, Rasmussen has positive ratings in the 4 s's of hockey(skill/skating/smarts/size). Imagine him and Mantha.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Pettersson, but I go back and forth between him and necas every day. Liljegren is my third option just because of his upside. I'm big on hockey IQ and I question his.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Liljegren is going to bust. Waste of a 9th. Petterson will be best available that fills a role Wings desperately need to fill. No matter who is selected, they will be nothing more than a complimentary piece, not someone to build around.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Liljegren is going to bust. Waste of a 9th. Petterson will be best available that fills a role Wings desperately need to fill. No matter who is selected, they will be nothing more than a complimentary piece, not someone to build around.

Agreed

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I go Pettersson. He has the highest potential in this entire draft IMO and I think the only player with both elite offensive and defensive potential. His only real knock is not amazing skating and the size issue. He can definitely overcome the size issue (unlike a lot of hockey bros like to believe, there is no such thing a as "Small frame" - if you eat a caloric excess and weight train, you will gain weight and strength. THat's how biology works). Sure, it may be a little harder for him to gain weight than the Dustin Byfugliens of the world, but as long as he can get up to ~175 and have strong lower body strength, he can be a dominant force with his elite skills and IQ.

We need someone to knock it out of the park, because we have way too many 2nd/3rd line and 2nd/3rd pairing potential prospects. It's either him or Liljegren, but IMO if we traded Green or someone for a pick around 17 or 18 we might still be able to grab Lilly because he might fall a lot. Either way, next year's draft is a lot better for D, so I go with Pettersson here.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Pettersson.

Guy can skate pretty well and make plays.

Also has the numbers to suggest he can seriously boom if everything goes right.

Get the kid a proper weights coach and nutritionist and pray for the best.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I go Pettersson. He has the highest potential in this entire draft IMO and I think the only player with both elite offensive and defensive potential. His only real knock is not amazing skating and the size issue. He can definitely overcome the size issue (unlike a lot of hockey bros like to believe, there is no such thing a as "Small frame" - if you eat a caloric excess and weight train, you will gain weight and strength. THat's how biology works). Sure, it may be a little harder for him to gain weight than the Dustin Byfugliens of the world, but as long as he can get up to ~175 and have strong lower body strength, he can be a dominant force with his elite skills and IQ.

We need someone to knock it out of the park, because we have way too many 2nd/3rd line and 2nd/3rd pairing potential prospects. It's either him or Liljegren, but IMO if we traded Green or someone for a pick around 17 or 18 we might still be able to grab Lilly because he might fall a lot. Either way, next year's draft is a lot better for D, so I go with Pettersson here.

Elite defensive potential? Where do you get that from?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Elite defensive potential? Where do you get that from?

He's pretty good defensively and has solid positioning, at least from my (albeit limited) viewings of some of his highlights/games and of scouting reports. He's got rock solid IQ and good work ethic in the D zone as well. Obviously not popping out as much as his offensive skills, but I think in Detroit his defensive game could be moulded to be elite, ala Zetterberg/Datsyuk. He's got the drive, IQ, and shows that he's at least somewhat committed to defense already.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's pretty good defensively and has solid positioning, at least from my (albeit limited) viewings of some of his highlights/games and of scouting reports. He's got rock solid IQ and good work ethic in the D zone as well. Obviously not popping out as much as his offensive skills, but I think in Detroit his defensive game could be moulded to be elite, ala Zetterberg/Datsyuk. He's got the drive, IQ, and shows that he's at least somewhat committed to defense already.

I think you could say the same thing about Necas, Glass, Hischier, and several others.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I think you could say the same thing about Necas, Glass, Hischier, and several others.

Yeah I'd say both of Necas and Glass are better defensively than Petterson. Petterson might have a higher offensive ceiling but they're more developed defensively.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Last year's mock HF draft had Detroit taking McAvoy with their original pick. If only things had panned out that way.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I would draft Foote...size can't be developed and is worth taking a risk on. If we needed a forward, I would draft Pettersen

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Grab best available defansman and don't rush him ,I go with lil you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad