HF's 2005 Staff Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I want Bourret in Ottawa.

We have enough goo dyoung defensemen. Volchenkov, Meszaros, etc to go along with Redden, Chara and Phillips, all of which are young.

I think Bourret would serve more of a purpose now, and in the future.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Jared....you may have went a little too risky there with the Devils. That is a pick you may want to try in the 2nd round. Still addresses the Devils needs though. Great read.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Zagrapan reminds me a lot of Radulov last year....boom\bust pick. Radulov has panned out pretty well, but I don't have that same faith in Zagrapan. I'd much rather go with a safer pick. Trade down to the mid-twenties and select Bertram\maybe pick up a second or third.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I don't like the habs picking Ryan. I'd take Kopitar before him. But I'd like to see the habs trade up (to carolina) or down (to ottawa) to take Pouliot or stall or Bourdon

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Eric Forest said:
I feel that Zagrapan will be a better NHL player than Radulov.

Any reason why? Radulov has been by far the best forward in Preds prospect camp for two years running...despite being one of the youngest forwards. It seems like his stock has rose since last year, rather than fallen...

dafranchz

Reveille! said:
I don't even know if he will be taken before the 3rd round. I have very little faith in Hensick ever becomming a NHL regular.

Wow, that late! Why is that? Led the CCHA is scoring this season, was 2nd in 2003-04. Ranked 6th overall in scoring in the nation this year, up from T-13. Kid can score and play some great hockey. Good take that late. Who would you take at 28?. That is, going by the HF Mock Draft previous selections.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Jeff Dahlia said:
Wow, that late! Why is that? Led the CCHA is scoring this season, was 2nd in 2003-04. Ranked 6th overall in scoring in the nation this year, up from T-13. Kid can score and play some great hockey. Good take that late. Who would you take at 28?. That is, going by the HF Mock Draft previous selections.
I dont really know much about the kid, but if he can score, you bet your ass Dallas won't draft him in the first round.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jeff Dahlia said:

His play seemed SO indifferent. I mean, he was benched for it during the season I read. He's also a small guy. He's okay, but I defiantely wouldn't risk my 1st round pick on him...

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Alfie#11 said:
The fan bias against drafting goalies is evident.

There's no way the first goalie goes as late as 19th.

You do realize how long goaltenders take to develop right? Take Ryan Miller for example. He's been highly touted, at one point the number one ranked prospect by HF, and he's 25 now. So with the UFA age being lowered to 27 are you really going to waste all of that time developing a guy so he can walk after two years of being with your club? I think not. Goalie's in the first are going to be a dying breed unless they are exceptional talents ala Lehtonen.

dafranchz

Reveille! said:
His play seemed SO indifferent. I mean, he was benched for it during the season I read. He's also a small guy. He's okay, but I defiantely wouldn't risk my 1st round pick on him...

Call me different, kooko.....whatever that is fine. I'll take the different label. ;)

Given all the information before me at the time and what I saw availablity wise, it made sense. Sweden and Finland didn't look that appealing. The OHL and WHL was rich with centers but no one near the caliber as TJ. As well, you can't live and die by the CSB rankings. There has always been some gross miscalculations. Projecting how someone will pan out is about the hardest thing to do. That is something I have learned a whole lot this year. I feel it is a good pick and all that non-sense he went through is all part of growing up and taking things in stride. The not opting issue is no big deal. I also think that is being held against him way too much.

I went out on a limb and I'll stick by it. :speechles

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If Skille is gone at #9, I'd be ok with Marc Staal. With the new UFA rules, you don't know how long Redden and Chara will be here and Volchenkov, Meszaros, and Staal would be a good starting point again. Of course, my first choice if Skille is gone is Alex Bourret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad