Line Combos: HFPens Decides - 22/23 - Letang's Partner

Who do you want as Kris Letang's partner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Poll #2: Who do you want to be Letang's partner on the top pair? Vote for what you want to see.

Some assumptions and rules:
  1. You are to vote for what you want to see -- not what you expect the coaches to do.
  2. Crosby and Malkin are the top two centers.
  3. Jarry is the starter and DeSmith is the backup.
  4. Options will be based on (August 19, 2022) health. All seem to be healthy.
  5. Unless listed as a 'LD/RD' on CapFriendly the defensemen will play on their "correct" side. This means Rutta, Ty Smith, Friedman, and Ouellet can play either side.
  6. I will not be listing players for positions they have not played at the NHL/AHL level. For example, I will not be listing Hallander as an option for the third line center. But DOC and Zohorna will be options for 3C.
  7. Due to the amount of one-way contracts, I may not be able to include everyone as voting options. Feel free to write them in as a vote, though.
  8. A majority vote is not needed to win. But we may have runoff polls if I deem the numbers to be too close.
  9. I will be working my way "down" the lineup. If the cap is exceeded at a 22-man roster that is where the polls will end.
  10. JUST ADDED: Petry is the 2 RD.
Let me know of questions, concerns, or objections.

Current HFPens Line Combo:

Guentzel (63%) - Crosby -
- Malkin -
- -
- -

- Letang
- Petry
-

Jarry - DeSmith

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Let's go POJ for funsies, Dumo is to mainstream...
1e883674-1302-477c-9142-98de46ff359a_text.gif

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Jeez, you don’t realize how many bottom pairing/depth d this team has until you see a poll with all of their names.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I mean I want Dumo from 2019 or so…I have to watch Dumo at camp and early season before I’m willing to say anything although I voted for him here…if he’s beaten to the outside as he was a lot last season, I may have to go Petts or POJ

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Jeez, you don’t realize how many bottom pairing/depth d this team has until you see a poll with all of their names.
Cool story, now do RD.

Voted Dumo, basically because I don't really feel like any of the options are honestly great.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I mean I want Dumo from 2019 or so…I have to watch Dumo at camp and early season before I’m willing to say anything although I voted for him here…if he’s beaten to the outside as he was a lot last season, I may have to go Petts or POJ
I really want POJ to push the group and make some impact. I don't want us to be hampered with a broken down Dumo this year that by default we extend after...that's a nightmare scenario.

Unless he has a miraculous healing from his leg injuries. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
A joke to be sure BUT I Could totally see a

5yr x 20M deal to play in line with the others. I hope I'm wrong.
I know, I’m very worried with Mr. Excessive Term Sleepy hanging on to an already broken down Dumo.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
A broken down Dumo is our best choice for top pair LHD. Yeesh. At least we shored up the right side of the defense.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Dumo should have first crack at it. But I'm guessing we'll see some flip-flopping of Dumo & Petts through the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad