Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018 (Poll #9)

Who is the Oilers #9 Prospect?

• Joe Gambardella

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hayden Hawkey

• Philip Kemp

• Ryan Mantha

• John Marino

• Graham McPhee

• Markus Niemelainen

• Patrick Russell

• Tyler Vesel

• Dylan Wells

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to poll #8 winner:

1jZADEl.jpg

Stuart Skinner

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018
1) Evan Bouchard - RD - London Knights - OHL - 74%
2) Kailer Yamamoto - RW - Spokane Chiefs - WHL - 93%
3) Ethan Bear - RD - Bakersfield Condors - AHL - 49%
4) Tyler Benson - LW - Vancouver Giants - WHL - 36%
5) Ryan McLeod - C - Mississauga Steelheads - OHL - 37%
6) Kirill Maksimov - RW - Niagara IceDogs - OHL - 48%
7) Caleb Jones - LD - Bakersfield Condors - AHL - 35%
8) Stuart Skinner - G - Swift Current Broncos - WHL - 30%

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I feel like Skinner got a bit overrated.

Wells and Skinner both did poorly on bad teams, the difference is Skinner got traded and had better numbers once he was on a non trash team.

But I can't say people were wrong to pick him either since we're in the lotto pick range of prospects where the guys are very volatile.

I went with Safin again. I think Marody is solid too and is probably closer to NHL ready but if Safin can put it together that combination of size and skill seems like he has more upside.

Reactions: Aerrol

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Yeah, Skinner is overrated, in my opinion, based on his recent performance. I think that’s too high for a goalie, unless he’s undeniably elite.

Taking Marody again.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Went with Marody. I don't know what his high end potential will be, but I feel he has a very good chance at carving out a NHL career.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Lagesson again, I think he carves out a good but uninteresting NHL career.

Reactions: Aerchon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Safin again for me. Size, speed and skill. If he is able to put it all together he could be a very good player for us.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lagesson again.

Looks like the next three will be Marody-Lagesson-Safin. Interesting. I don’t think Safin has dropped one iota as a prospect, but we just added some pretty good ones ahead of him and Maksimov took a huge leap.

Reactions: Aerchon and McNuge

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Lagesson again.

Looks like the next three will be Marody-Lagesson-Safin. Interesting. I don’t think Safin has dropped one iota as a prospect, but we just added some pretty good ones ahead of him and Maksimov took a huge leap.

Maybe. I know I’m voting Rodrigue next. At this point, it’s all going off highlight videos, and I’ve been really impressed with what I’ve seen of the way he reads the play and moves in the net. Much more so than Skinner even who just went

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe. I know I’m voting Rodrigue next. At this point, it’s all going off highlight videos, and I’ve been really impressed with what I’ve seen of the way he reads the play and moves in the net. Much more so than Skinner even who just went

I was going to say by next season their rankings could be flipped. Hopefully both pan out for us.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I like Rodrigue as well but I definitely
think Skinner is a bit ahead right now. Went head to head with one of the top goalie prospects in hockey and beat him handily.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I was going to say by next season their rankings could be flipped. Hopefully both pan out for us.

It would be tremendous if even one could pan out. Both would be huge. Bunz was looking great, and now he’s selling cars. It also wasn’t long ago we were disappointed we didn’t get Fucale (who Button hyped as being a future star), and he hasn’t even been able to snag a job in the AHL after going pro.

I like Rodrigue as well but I definitely
think Skinner is a bit ahead right now. Went head to head with one of the top goalie prospects in hockey and beat him handily.

Ya that’s certainly not to say Skinner looks bad, and he’s definitely the closer of the 2. Just that I like Rodrigue’s upside. Goalies who are strong positionally are much safer bets, and when they move as quick laterally as Rodrigue, it’s a great combination. I’m actually really excited about us getting him

Can’t believe he’s still left, more likely then not he suits up for a few games this year. There’s about 3 guys in front of him for sure that may never even see the NHL

Ya you can easily make a case for him as high as 4, and I’ve been voting for him since 7. But I’ve also typically ranked guys who are more NHL ready a little higher than most. I spent a long time voting for Pitlick a couple years ago and Rattie last year

Reactions: slim2001

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Marody is underrated at this point if he's all the way down at #9 on the list.

I have him at #4, just below Benson... and not by a lot.

I think Benson/Marody should both make positive impressions down in Bakersfield and I expect them both to be pushing for jobs in the top 9 on the Oilers over the next couple seasons.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Marody is underrated at this point if he's all the way down at #9 on the list.

I have him at #4, just below Benson... and not by a lot.

I think Benson/Marody should both make positive impressions down in Bakersfield and I expect them both to be pushing for jobs in the top 9 on the Oilers over the next couple seasons.

Agreed. I consider benson and marody interchangeable at 4.

I dont mind the list though....skinner might be a tad high off of one tourney.....but i dont mind voting goalie off a tourney.

Im eyeing persson soon.....

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Looking back now I think Marody should be placed higher. I dun goof.
Really depends how you look at prospects. Maroody probably sees more NHL action than a lot of those guys, but at the end of the day he is a 3rd line center at best? Others have better potential, just less likely to hit it.

If you just look at straight up potential you'll have one list. You start combining likeliness of making it, you have another.

Reactions: Aerrol

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Really depends how you look at prospects. Maroody probably sees more NHL action than a lot of those guys, but at the end of the day he is a 3rd line center at best? Others have better potential, just less likely to hit it.

If you just look at straight up potential you'll have one list. You start combining likeliness of making it, you have another.
Yea, I don't see him beyond a 3rd C as well. But I was thinking he should be slotted 7 or 8 maybe on the list. Someone else mentioned above where its pretty much lottery spot at this point. Probably not a huge deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad