Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018 (Poll #16)

Who is the Oilers #16 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to poll #15 winner:

HMni4WQ.png

Joel Persson

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018
1) Evan Bouchard - RD - London Knights - OHL - 74%
2) Kailer Yamamoto - RW - Spokane Chiefs - WHL - 93%
3) Ethan Bear - RD - Bakersfield Condors - AHL - 49%
4) Tyler Benson - LW - Vancouver Giants - WHL - 36%
5) Ryan McLeod - C - Mississauga Steelheads - OHL - 37%
6) Kirill Maksimov - RW - Niagara IceDogs - OHL - 48%
7) Caleb Jones - LD - Bakersfield Condors - AHL - 35%
8) Stuart Skinner - G - Swift Current Broncos - WHL - 30%
9) Cooper Marody - C - Michigan Wolverines - NCAA - 42%
10) Ostap Safin - RW - Saint John Sea Dogs - QMJHL - 25%
11) William Lagesson - LD - Djurgarden IF - SHL - 31%
12) Filip Berglund - RD - Skelleftea AIK - SHL - 37%
13) Dmitri Samorukov - LD - Guelph Storm - OHL - 41%
14) Olivier Rodrigue - G - Drummondville Voltigeurs - QMJHL - 41%
15) Joel Persson - RD - Vaxjo Lakers - SHL - 45%

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm definitely past the point where I'm comfortable at all in my pick but went with Mantha... Just cause

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
Went with Kemp this time around as I don't think Lowe will get voted into the top 20. Solid top 15, I think at this point most people are just guessing who might turn into a descent player (including myself).

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Extremely muddy water moving forward.

We are in the tier 4 level of prospects. Guys truly a long shot to have any kind of nhl career. But despite that we do have some guys I consider on the high side of said tier.

I voted for Hebig. Guys that all fall around Hebig imo: Gambardella, Rasanen, Wells, Mantha/Lowe/Marino... Starrett. All these guys lower prospects but interesting despite that.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Voting Hebig at this point. I know it was his 20 year old season, but 90 points in 66 games, and 69 in 59 the year before, is still no easy task. He also grew a few inches since being passed over in the draft.

I’d be tempted to take Mantha too, but the injuries likely push him out of the top 20

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Was tempted to go Rasanen, but went Wells.

Did pretty well last season considering the team he was on. Had a similar playoff run to Skinner a season ago. Looking forward to seeing him turn pro.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Was going with Rasanen, but last minute changed to Kemp. Both will definitely be interesting to follow this year.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Nice to see Aapelli finally getting more love--he has a better chance of making the NHL on a regular basis then several of the players who got on the list before him

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
For what the Oilers need going forward this is actually a pretty good prospect pool. It does not have the absolute top end talent that was there in the past when the team was picking #1 over all on a regular basis. But there is a lot of depth to hopefully fill a fair number of roster spots with cheap guys who can contribute. They need Yamamoto and Bouchard to come through but then beyond that they need 2-3 bottom 9 wingers and a bottom pairing defenseman or two.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Not sure why Graham McPhee is being overlooked. The guy is intelligent and a hard worker. Has "quality 3rd liner" written all over him.

Because there is very little statistically to suggest he will even get a cup of coffee at the NHL level yet.

Heard he is exceeding expectations as a fifth round prospect, getting opportunities, and playing well... Thats all good, but so much has to happen over the next few years before he truly becomes a blip on the Oilers radar.

If Persson even duplicates his last season this year he will likely be given a long look at next years training camp with the possibility to even be an NHL regular. He went 15 on our list... Big difference between him and McPhee. Many others on par or ahead of McPhee still on our list.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The selected top 15 is a very solid group of prospects and more-less accurate, IMO. I might debate some of the order, but not the choices. Gets much less clear and obvious at this point. I went with Hebig as I think he has a fairly decent shot at becoming an NHLer as a bottom-6 guy, but I also think the same for Vesel and Rasanen and some others to varying degrees. I must say that I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much I like a lot of these guys still left. Usually at this stage I'd have lost interest in voting since I thought they were either such long shots or from lack of potential. Really nice to see our drafting improved.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lots of potential risers still left on the board. Hopefully Mantha can make a recovery as he has a lot going for him. Kesselring, McPhee, Kemp, all solid players. Even Gambardella has a chance to be a depth forward if he can increase his speed.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Not sure why Graham McPhee is being overlooked. The guy is intelligent and a hard worker. Has "quality 3rd liner" written all over him.

Agreed. People are sleeping on him. He was outstanding this season (especially late in the year) and owns serious NHL tools.

I could see him putting up 20 goals this year which would be excellent production.

I personally have him above Rasanen.

Reactions: KenLinsemanFanClub

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
BTW, I've been running these polls for five offseasons now. I can't remember this much debate and discussion this late in the polls. Usually around now theres one or two comments and no debate. I think that speaks to the depth we now have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad