Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2017 (POLL #4)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to poll #3 winner:

Jones_Caleb-1024x683.jpg

Caleb Jones

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2016
1) Jesse Puljujärvi - RW - Bakersfield Condors - AHL - 100%
2) Kailer Yamamoto - RW - Spokane Chiefs - WHL - 57.67%
3) Caleb Jones - D - Portland Winterhawks - WHL - 52.25%

Thanks to all who voted in poll #3.

Last edited:

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Paigin has 100% of the vote. Clearly this is a walk and we should move on to poll #5. :sarcasm:

Edit: Well that sure didn't take long for Bear to jump ahead. Because of me though Paigin was leading in the poll for several seconds...and he may be poised for a comeback.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Dylan Wells is my next pick. Cant see him winning though so I'll vote for my #5 Tyler Benson.

My list so far:

1) Jesse Puljujarvi
2) Kailer Yamamoto
3) Caleb Jones
4) Dylan Wells

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Not voting until it gets tantalizing.

Jp
Yammer
Jones
Bear

Are obvious top 4. Then it gets weird.

Benson if you ignore injuries. Khaira if you ignore skill. Paigin if you want highest level of play. Then goalies. So many goalies.

Then a series of sneaky picks ala Gambardella, Marino, Maximov, Vesel and the guys that are high on the depth chart ala Simpson and Laleggia.

So tantalizing.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Paigin has 100% of the vote. Clearly this is a walk and we should move on to poll #5. :sarcasm:

Edit: Well that sure didn't take long for Bear to jump ahead. Because of me though Paigin was leading in the poll for several seconds...and he may be poised for a comeback.

Any media reviews of Paigin's AHL stint last year? Gotta go with Bear here just because we know a lot more about him.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Any media reviews of Paigin's AHL stint last year? Gotta go with Bear here just because we know a lot more about him.

Not that I can find to pass along, his time in Bako wasn't anything to write home about but he looked good in stretches, played some on the top pair. Prior to his games in Bakersfield though he had a down year because of injuries and being given limited ice time when he returned to AK Bars where he never had a long leash. Too bad he couldn't stay in Sochi, he almost guaranteed would have had a better year if he had spent the season in Sochi.

Here's a link to an article at the time of his move to Bakersfield:
http://thehockeywriters.com/ziyat-paigin-oilers-prospect/

This year should be good developmentally for him though as he will get to learn the NA rink and get a better opportunity than he was given last year. There's still a solid player there. I bet he sees NHL time this year.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Voted Bear, mostly because of what he has shown in junior rather than what I believe he'll be able to do at the pro level. I think he'll be a bit lower on this list come next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad