Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2016 (POLL #12)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to poll #11 winner:

BAR_20140419_202717_1538.jpg

Jordan Oesterle

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2016
1) Jesse Puljujärvi - RW - Oulun Kärpät - Liiga - 100%
2) Drake Caggiula - LW - North Dakota - NCAA - 31.15%
3) Tyler Benson - LW - Vancouver - WHL - 42.17%
4) Griffin Reinhart - D - Bakersfield - AHL - 64.86%
5) Ethan Bear - D - Seattle - WHL - 26.53%
6) Laurent Brossoit - G - Bakersfield - AHL - 44.44%
7) Ziyat Paigin - D - Sochi - KHL - 38.46%
8) Caleb Jones - D - Portland - WHL - 27.91%
9) Anton Slepyshev - RW - Bakersfield - AHL - 32.26%
10) Jujhar Khaira - C - Bakersfield - AHL - 32.26%
11) Jordan Oesterle - D - Bakersfield - AHL - 40.38%

Thanks to all who voted in poll #11.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I have never seen Caggiula play before, so seeing him at second is pretty interesting.

What are his strengths? Is there a comparable player in the league that could give me and idea of what his game is?

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I have never seen Caggiula play before, so seeing him at second is pretty interesting.

What are his strengths? Is there a comparable player in the league that could give me and idea of what his game is?

I've seen him quite a bit. His strengths are speed, skill and compete. His only real weakness is size and the fact that he was a late bloomer, his shot is average.

He styles his game after Brad Marchand. I think that's a good comparable, I also see some Gallagher and Tyler Johnson in him.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I've seen him quite a bit. His strengths are speed, skill and compete. His only real weakness is size and the fact that he was a late bloomer, his shot is average.

He styles his game after Brad Marchand. I think that's a good comparable, I also see some Gallagher and Tyler Johnson in him.

Nice. I would love to see him called up for a few, or at least see him in preseason. :yo:

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

he is the player I am most excited to see in camp. Poolparty will be great but I think Caggiula is going to be the shock of camp. I'm very exicited to see him

Gallagher/marchand comparison. at worst I see him as an old-school kovalenko type. decent hands (can beat guys wide or up the middle and has the hands to leave opponents jocks in the rafters), good speed, pesty and gives those second and third efforts/chips.

I doubt he makes the big teamthis year but I can see him turning some heads and dropping the jaws. I want to see how far off he looks. I think he is close. could have a great summer too. he has leadership and IQ traits as well

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
looks like the love for last year's shiny toys has fizzled away.

LaLeggia, Chase, Yakimov getting minimal love.
Chase and Yak2 struggled but I dont get how LaLeggia wasnt a top 10 prospect.

Joey's last season at Univ level was comparable to Caggiula's last season .. its all about the shininess here.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
looks like the love for last year's shiny toys has fizzled away.

LaLeggia, Chase, Yakimov getting minimal love.
Chase and Yak2 struggled but I dont get how LaLeggia wasnt a top 10 prospect.

Joey's last season at Univ level was comparable to Caggiula's last season .. its all about the shininess here.

Our fellow posters from down in Bakersfield gave Laleggia a lot of less than glowing reviews this year. I think that's a big reason he's slid so far this year. The other reason being that Chia has done a hell of a job restocking the prospect pool since he took over.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Our fellow posters from down in Bakersfield gave Laleggia a lot of less than glowing reviews this year. I think that's a big reason he's slid so far this year. The other reason being that Chia has done a hell of a job restocking the prospect pool since he took over.

you mean fellow poster? show me 2 different posters who were really down on LaLeggia. 90% of LaLeggia talk on the Bako thread has been positive January onwards.
Its been just one poster who has been giving LaLeggia less than glowing reviews..others have been happy with his play and production considering this was his first full AHL season.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
you mean fellow poster? show me 2 different posters who were really down on LaLeggia. 90% of LaLeggia talk on the Bako thread has been positive January onwards.
Its been just one poster who has been giving LaLeggia less than glowing reviews..others have been happy with his play and production considering this was his first full AHL season.

Maybe it was just one, I can't say for sure and don't have time to check right now, but there was quite a bit of negativity iirc. Either way for me it's more the second part of my post that is the reason he's so far down on my personal list. The list of prospects Chia has added since taking over is very impressive.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

His production to me is piss poor for a 23 year old Offensive defenceman.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Maybe it was just one, I can't say for sure and don't have time to check right now, but there was quite a bit of negativity iirc. Either way for me it's more the second part of my post that is the reason he's so far down on my personal list. The list of prospects Chia has added since taking over is very impressive.

there really wasnt in 2016..
Also, after Puljujarvi there really isnt a single Oilers prospect locked to have a 100+ NHL games career.

Caggiula, Benson, Reinhart, Bear isnt really that impressive as your top 5 prospects.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
His production to me is piss poor for a 23 year old Offensive defenceman.

how was it for a AHL rookie?
The kid was 2nd on team in D scoring after 27 yo Brad Hunt and was tied with Khaira in points. Speaking of piss poor how was the production of Yakimov, Moroz, Pitlick, Slepychev and our other top forward prospects?

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
how was it for a AHL rookie?
The kid was 2nd on team in D scoring after 27 yo Brad Hunt and was tied with Khaira in points. Speaking of piss poor how was the production of Yakimov, Moroz, Pitlick, Slepychev and our other top forward prospects?

Rookie is a deceiving word to use when the player is 23 years old in the AHL imo.

Brandon Montour took Joey to woodshed. 2 years younger and first full year in the AHL. And they still think he's on the fence to make the NHL.

Comparing Joey to his teammates is comparing piss poor production to a team full of piss poor producers. The farm team is utter horse crap. Has been for years.

Nobody goes down there and excels.

Joey failed to seperate himself from any other player down there. Which quite honestly shouldn't have been hard to do considering the competition that is.

If his numbers don't rise drastically this year.. he's done imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad