OT: HFNYR Official Foodie Thread including Craft Beer, Wine & Liquor

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
@Boris Zubov going to be down in the John’s of Bleecker Street area for March Madness this week, any pizza by the slice recommendations in that area?
Yes, of course. Two prime spots within 2 blocks of John's. Joe's is right there on 6th & Carmine. Bleecker Street pizza is on 7th & Barrow.

But honestly, if you get the chance to sit down & eat at John's just do it. That pizza is just so damn good. I love Joe's, but it's lost a little of their fastball. John's is still as good as it's ever been.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Made even better by watching our boys in blue win today

IMG_0960.jpeg

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Has anyone had Katz patrami shipped out of state? Curious what the quality ends up being like.
It’s pretty good….they ship it in vacuum sealed plastic, and you put it in boiling water to heat it up.

You will never get better than freshly cut at Katz, but it’s still worth it. I suggest adding some knishes to your order.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The care packages are well curated, well packed, and reheat nicely. Got one for my birthday last year and enjoyed it for a week.
Ive watched some videos that seemed good but every once in a while I see a bad review of the stuff shipped so I have to decide is it worth risking the $100 or so. Id definitely get Pastrami and Russian dressing. Maybe corn beef and knishes.

It’s pretty good….they ship it in vacuum sealed plastic, and you put it in boiling water to heat it up.

You will never get better than freshly cut at Katz, but it’s still worth it. I suggest adding some knishes to your order.
Im glad to hear that. What did you order for proteins? Round or square knish? Worth ordering their hot dogs,?

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Ive watched some videos that seemed good but every once in a while I see a bad review of the stuff shipped so I have to decide is it worth risking the $100 or so. Id definitely get Pastrami and Russian dressing. Maybe corn beef and knishes.

Im glad to hear that. What did you order for proteins? Round or square knish? Worth ordering their hot dogs,?
I’ve had the pastrami and the brisket. I’ve never had their hot dogs.

Square knishes for sure.

You also get a loaf of their rye bread….very good too (along with some pickles).

For me…..it’s just pastrami on rye with some mustard….and a few square knishes…with mustard. And gotta get some Dr. Browns black cherry soda to wash it down.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I’ve had the pastrami and the brisket. I’ve never had their hot dogs.

Square knishes for sure.

You also get a loaf of their rye bread….very good too (along with some pickles).

For me…..it’s just pastrami on rye with some mustard….and a few square knishes…with mustard. And gotta get some Dr. Browns black cherry soda to wash it down.
Alright maybe I will take a chance. For me it will be either 2 packages of pastrami or 1 pastrami and 1 corned beef. Ill probably get the knishes as well. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Mandar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad