HFNHL Vegas Golden Knights

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
It's been months of anxiously waiting to hear what the new franchise would be called and it's finally official Vegas Golden Knights it is. With the HFNHL season still awaiting it's start I figured I'd give everybody a preview of what the roster might look like for the Golden Knights after the expansion draft.

I used the website planmyownteam.com to see who all was available to be selected. From there I went through each HFNHL organization and protected the players I felt you guys might protect if the draft was today (using latest roster update NOV 20).

FORWARDS:

F Marcus Johansson Colorado
F Tomas Tatar Chicago
F Craig Smith Los Angeles
F Tomas Jurco Tampa Bay
F Jaromir Jagr Carolina
F Tanner Pearson Montreal
F Sven Baertschi Pittsburgh
F Andrew Cogliano Edmonton
F William Karlsson St.Louis
F Radek Faksa Calgary
F Zemgus Girgensons Arizona
F Nail Yakupov Toronto
F Leo Komarov Washington
F Patrick Maroon Detroit
F Cal Clutterbuck Buffalo
F Chris Neil Ottawa
F Dale Weise New York R

It's an interesting bunch overall. As expected there isn't a lot of high end skill in this group, but it does have some depth and useful pieces that could be used in trades to acquire more assets. Maybe a few of these guys could even be long term pieces.

DEFENCE:

D Travis Hamonic New Jersey
D Matt Dumba Philadelphia
D Erik Gudbranson Winnipeg
D Jake McCabe Vancouver
D Fedor Tyutin Dallas
D Mark Pysyk San Jose
D David Schlemko Anaheim
D Josh Gorges Columbus
D Nate Schmidt Minnesota

Another group of interesting options. Once again I'm not sure it has any truly elite level defenders but there is quality depth.

GOALIES:

G Matt Murray Florida
G Fredrick Andersen New York I
G Michal Neuvirth Boston
G Jacob Markstrom Nashville

Currently the goaltending market for the expansion draft is fairly strong. A lot can change between now and then but this looks like the spot where I might be able to get a franchise type player. As well maybe get valuable assets to move in the trade market.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It's been months of anxiously waiting to hear what the new franchise would be called and it's finally official Vegas Golden Knights it is. With the HFNHL season still awaiting it's start I figured I'd give everybody a preview of what the roster might look like for the Golden Knights after the expansion draft.

I used the website planmyownteam.com to see who all was available to be selected. From there I went through each HFNHL organization and protected the players I felt you guys might protect if the draft was today (using latest roster update NOV 20).

FORWARDS:

F Marcus Johansson Colorado
F Tomas Tatar Chicago
F Craig Smith Los Angeles
F Tomas Jurco Tampa Bay
F Jaromir Jagr Carolina
F Tanner Pearson Montreal
F Sven Baertschi Pittsburgh
F Andrew Cogliano Edmonton
F William Karlsson St.Louis
F Radek Faksa Calgary
F Zemgus Girgensons Arizona
F Nail Yakupov Toronto
F Leo Komarov Washington
F Patrick Maroon Detroit
F Cal Clutterbuck Buffalo
F Chris Neil Ottawa
F Dale Weise New York R

It's an interesting bunch overall. As expected there isn't a lot of high end skill in this group, but it does have some depth and useful pieces that could be used in trades to acquire more assets. Maybe a few of these guys could even be long term pieces.

DEFENCE:

D Travis Hamonic New Jersey
D Matt Dumba Philadelphia
D Erik Gudbranson Winnipeg
D Jake McCabe Vancouver
D Fedor Tyutin Dallas
D Mark Pysyk San Jose
D David Schlemko Anaheim
D Josh Gorges Columbus
D Nate Schmidt Minnesota

Another group of interesting options. Once again I'm not sure it has any truly elite level defenders but there is quality depth.

GOALIES:

G Matt Murray Florida
G Fredrick Andersen New York I
G Michal Neuvirth Boston
G Jacob Markstrom Nashville

Currently the goaltending market for the expansion draft is fairly strong. A lot can change between now and then but this looks like the spot where I might be able to get a franchise type player. As well maybe get valuable assets to move in the trade market.

I am a Nashville fan. Never heard of him playing for the Preds or Milwaukee or Cincinnati. Hockeydb.com says he has been playing in the Canucks organization for about 4 years. He was drafted by Florida and spent about 3 years with them.

Try Marek Mazenec in his place.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
I am a Nashville fan. Never heard of him playing for the Preds or Milwaukee or Cincinnati. Hockeydb.com says he has been playing in the Canucks organization for about 4 years. He was drafted by Florida and spent about 3 years with them.

Try Marek Mazenec in his place.

This is a mock expansion draft for the HFNHL FANTASY/SIM league. In this league Markstrom was drafted in the 2nd round 35th overall by the Nashville Predators in the 2008 entry draft.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
This is a mock expansion draft for the HFNHL FANTASY/SIM league. In this league Markstrom was drafted in the 2nd round 35th overall by the Nashville Predators in the 2008 entry draft.

I agree with the above poster. Forget Markstrom, there is not such player. Try Mazenec, I heard he's the next Gretzky. Also, heard Nate Schmidt is a scrub, try Mikhail Grabovski. He's Russian so he must be good.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
This expansion roster may not be quite good enough to make the playoffs in year one, but I dare say that they will be better than quite a few current franchises. It's going to be fun and hard determining who to protect when the time comes. Great post.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Good stuff, Jon - you might be the busiest GM of all this season, even without any games! We'll see how many teams make side deals to protect their assets...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->