HFNHL Trade Deadline 2017 - Time and Date

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Since I don't think we've officially announced a time/date for the trade deadline, I suppose it would be great if we clarified that for you.

According to the schedule in the SIM, our trade deadline will fall on March 21 and the time will be the usual 11:59 EST.

Jeff to obviously confirm, but that would give you 20 days (or just under three weeks) to load up (or sell off).

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
As we inch closer to the deadline, I thought this would be a perfect time to remind you of the expansion draft exposure guidelines. These need to be met before the expansion draft and the deadline is a perfect time to make sure you've got these met.

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.
ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.
iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
Is there still a chat room used by the league for things like trade deadline talks?

BTW before anyone reminds me I am aware all the cool kids are using WhatsApp but my work issued Blackberry phone cannot use it :)

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Is there still a chat room used by the league for things like trade deadline talks?

BTW before anyone reminds me I am aware all the cool kids are using WhatsApp but my work issued Blackberry phone cannot use it :)

What BlackBerry are you using that won't do WhatsApp? An original Pearl??

There's no real chat room left no. We have a channel on Slack that we used for the draft that could be used if anyone was so inclined but that's about it.

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
What BlackBerry are you using that won't do WhatsApp? An original Pearl??

LOL no it is a more modern Blackberry Passport though I am finding more and more sites and apps don't support it either.

That said, even if hypothetically it does work (I doubt it), the primary block point is I cannot install it on a work device for Government Contract reasons. We work with protected personal data which means all 'chat' related, social media, et. al. applications are blocked and absolutely verbotten on work devices. Really not going to risk my job over it.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
LOL no it is a more modern Blackberry Passport though I am finding more and more sites and apps don't support it either.

That said, even if hypothetically it does work (I doubt it), the primary block point is I cannot install it on a work device for Government Contract reasons. We work with protected personal data which means all 'chat' related, social media, et. al. applications are blocked and absolutely verbotten on work devices. Really not going to risk my job over it.

More than fair points! I work for TELUS (kinda) so was just taking a trip down memory lane with the old 8130 for fun.

I can invite you to our Slack channel but it doesn't look like it's been used since the draft so probably not a lot of trade deadline chatter happening. If anyone wants to use it for that it's of course open and available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad