HFNHL = STHS Version 2 is LIVE

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Morning All,

Please note that as of this morning the HFNHL is running V.2 of the STHS Simulator.

I haven't gone through the output files to check things out - you can join me in that process - all files output this morning are using the new version.

I have not loaded any new player info/ratings files - what you see is just the import.

www.hfnhl.com/2011/Index.html

You can do lines at any time - submit them to the YAHOO! folder. You MUST download the new version of the client AND you must use the client file found linked on the Index Page. The link on the front page is not upadated yet.

NEW CLIENT is HERE STHS

NEW CLIENT FOR UNIX/MAC USERS is HERE as well STHS

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Please post thoughts, things you notice etc. here in this thread too.

First thing I notice is the vastly modernized lay-out.

AND for Brock, Sean and I, and the other nuts who spent hours in the playoffs determining strategy settings - we now have strategy settings FOR EVERY LINE and EVERY D pairing.

Set line 1 as 3 OFF, 0 DEF, 2 PH. No Problem.

Set line 4 as 0 OFF, 5 DEF, 0 PH. No Problem.

You can also set each lines TIME. So you want line 1 to have 40% of the shifts, or just 20%. You can set that for each line.

Forwards are now separated from D pairings. So your 1st D pairing can play 50% of the time, while your top line only plays 20%. Or your forwards can be all offence, you D all physical, etc.

There are some team wide strategies - if you're winning by two goals you can set it up so that you go into a defensive shell, or when losing by 3 you can go wide open offence.

There are also settings for last minute. If you're losing in the last minute you can set up which players are on the ice.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Client file for Mac? Awesome.

Strategy settings per line? Scary.

Also, any particular reason the import demoted most of my roster to the farm team, including Malkin?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Also, any particular reason the import demoted most of my roster to the farm team, including Malkin?

Well listen, we all know he's just an above average AHL'er ;)

I don't know why -- but do a set of lines and it will be fixed.

Also - I might look through some ratings packs and do an import - if for nothing else than we can have all the correct ages (sim supposedly does it by actual birthdate though I haven't looked at that yet)

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
I haven't looked at anything yet, but it sounds like doing my lines is now going to send my OCD into overdrive!

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Great! It also supports multiple player positions, so a player can be, for example, a C/RW or C/LW/RW or even RW/D and the teams can then have more options that way when doing their lines.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Just took a quick glance...nice the way the roster output page has been formatted with the forwards staggered.

Right off the bat, I noticed that the formula for computing OV has been modified a bit, and the formula for computing goalie OV has been modified A LOT. As always, OV's a rather tricky metric. However, any change in its computation could cause us to have to alter the min OV floor.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Great! It also supports multiple player positions, so a player can be, for example, a C/RW or C/LW/RW or even RW/D and the teams can then have more options that way when doing their lines.

If you look at the Flames roster I tested this feature out. I added C to Umberger and auto-d my roster and lines. So far pretty good.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Right off the bat, I noticed that the formula for computing OV has been modified a bit, and the formula for computing goalie OV has been modified A LOT. As always, OV's a rather tricky metric. However, any change in its computation could cause us to have to alter the min OV floor.

It will be interesting to see what it looks like with a ratings pack designed for V2 rather than just the import.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Morning All,

Please note that as of this morning the HFNHL is running V.2 of the STHS Simulator.

I haven't gone through the output files to check things out - you can join me in that process - all files output this morning are using the new version.

I have not loaded any new player info/ratings files - what you see is just the import.

www.hfnhl.com/2011/Index.html

You can do lines at any time - submit them to the YAHOO! folder. You MUST download the new version of the client AND you must use the client file found linked on the Index Page. The link on the front page is not upadated yet.

NEW CLIENT is HERE STHS

NEW CLIENT FOR UNIX/MAC USERS is HERE as well STHS

Nevermind i found it man big change in this from number 1

Last edited:

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Im pretty sure i know the answer to this but are we gunna use the Free agent thing in this to sign or attempt to sign free agents. as well you can hire or dismiss your coach from this to are we going to do that from there or the old way?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Odd. I downloaded the new client file and then deleted it because I thought I had the wrong one, and now the index page won't let me download it.

Odd. Gimme five and I'll be uploading a new file.

Another thing I noticed is that the sim allows for different salaries in each year of a contract, and up to ten years. ;) Cue agent chaos.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Im pretty sure i know the answer to this but are we gunna use the Free agent thing in this to sign or attempt to sign free agents. as well you can hire or dismiss your coach from this to are we going to do that from there or the old way?

I believe the answer to both questions is that we will continue to sign both players and coaches using our current process.

Here's my question: what does the new stat, PS, represent? It's there for both skaters and goalies...

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
its really cool all the things we can do with the new sim. Protect players make them availble for trade theres scratchs for each team farm and pro. Sign free agents and coachs. obviously being new to the sim it would be unwise to use these not knowing how they fully function but maybe in a year or two we could. and as for the PS stat doug i think it is called Poise im not sure what it does to a player but my more talented players have higher poise

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Everything should be up to date now (except coaches). I've completed the free agent signings, some future considerations that came into effect, created rookies and fixed the prospects list mentioned above.

Default101

Everything should be up to date now (except coaches). I've completed the free agent signings, some future considerations that came into effect, created rookies and fixed the prospects list mentioned above.

All the 2011 draft picks have disappeared from the Prospects list.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
There are two other new stats
EN (Endurance)
PO (Potential, probably only applies to sim updates)

With the EN rating in addition to DU, does this mean that players that real life injuries will matter again?

I believe endurance is strictly for the players ability to play high minutes per game without getting too tired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad