HFNHL Season - Status Update?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Happy November 1st, gentlemen! I just wanted to check on that status of the following action items that stand in the way of starting our new season:

- Replacement GMs for PHI and OTT
- Goalie Ratings
- Current STHS League File
- Minimum OV ruling

Not sure if I'm missing other key steps, but those seem to be the big ones. At first glance it looks like a couple of teams might not have the minimum position players necessary either, so some GMs may need to take action to address holes before the season can begin. Anything else I'm missing? And is there anything we can do to help?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
To the best of my knowledge:

- Replacement GMs for PHI and OTT

Applications are in, including from some of our AGM's, and Matt is making the final decision. This should be any day.

- Goalie Ratings

Ratings are in and being reviewed by the admin team. Release date could be as soon as tomorrow.

- Current STHS League File

I have several tasks I am completing as we speak.

1) Updating recent trades/free agent signings
2) adding coaches
3) uploading

you can follow my progress here www.hfnhl.com/2010/Index.html

Be warned that this may be up and down during the day as I fiddle etc.

Another task that needs to be done is changing the website links on the front page.

- Minimum OV ruling

Discussions continue in the admin group, my uploading of the ratings with the OV's will help.

Anything else I'm missing? And is there anything we can do to help?

I believe that we are really close to pre-season starting. I would estimate a start date for pre-season of this weekend. Files will be all updated and available today (perhaps with the exception of the final goalie ratings).

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge:

Applications are in, including from some of our AGM's, and Matt is making the final decision. This should be any day.

Ratings are in and being reviewed by the admin team. Release date could be as soon as tomorrow.

I have several tasks I am completing as we speak.

1) Updating recent trades/free agent signings
2) adding coaches
3) uploading

you can follow my progress here www.hfnhl.com/2010/Index.html

Be warned that this may be up and down during the day as I fiddle etc.

Another task that needs to be done is changing the website links on the front page.

Discussion continue in the admin group, my uploading of the ratings with the OV's will help.

I believe that we are really close to pre-season starting. I would estimate a start date for pre-season of this weekend. Files will be all updated and available today (perhaps with the exception of the final goalie ratings).

If the pre-season is starting that soon, are ratings challenges going to run through the pre-season?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Ratings Check

The 2010 setup of the hfnhl league is nearly complete. Because we are moving to the new sim I need all GM's to check their rosters etc. Please see the note below.

www.hfnhl.com/2010/Index.html

I have now updated and imported the 2009/2010 HFNHL Ratings File into the new sim.

PLEASE START CHECKING

1) that those ratings were correctly imported - if there is an inconsistency in player name spelling then it is possible that the ratings will not import for that player (on my Flames both BJ (aka Brandon) Crombeen and Alex Picard (due to there being two of them etc.) were not correctly added. You might have the same problem.)

2) At the same time please check that I have correctly activated your entire pro roster and not forgotten anyone on the prospects list (with the exceptions of some recent signings as I still have that as a To Do).

3) ROOKIE STATUS - this may be incorrect. Please post in this thread any corrections to that status.

NOTE: Recent Trades, Signings and GOALIE RATINGS, and the front page of www.hfnhl.com have not yet been updated. I'm in the process of that now.

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Apart from the updates you indicated are still to be made, it looks good for Columbus, Matthew! There are some position changes to be made, but that's relatively minor and easily adjusted.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Excellent guys, excellent.

I have a few housekeeping questions. I don't want to push anyone so please let me know where in the schedule we should be expecting to do a couple of these things.

(i) Did we ever get the 'go' on allowing GM's to release guys who went to Europe by Oct 1st? If so who should I send this too?

(ii) When would be the most appropriate time to start sending offers for guys we want to sign off our prospect lists for use this season?

(iii) Positions (part 1) - probably done through the ratings file import but I see some of my guys positions have changed.
Even if it's only for a brief window of time will we be able to request having those players returned to those positions even if they are no longer listed as such? I.e if player X was last playing Centre (end of last HFNHL season) in the previous FHL sim files and now shows as a winger can I move them back to centre if I show that from the previous HFNHL roster files?

(iv) Positions (part 2) - Niche cases from part 1 aside when do you want us to start sending miscellaneous other updates like position updates, age corrections, etc.?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Apart from the updates you indicated are still to be made, it looks good for Columbus, Matthew! There are some position changes to be made, but that's relatively minor and easily adjusted.

Doug,

No reason you can't send those in to me and I can make those changes.

Also - For those who want to update lines etc. here is how you do:

1) Download the support files. http://sths.simont.info/DownloadFiles.php?id=SupportFiles.msi

2) Install the support files.

3) Download the client. http://sths.simont.info/DownloadFiles.php?id=STHS-Client-1-1-5.zip

4) Install the client.

5) Goto www.hfnhl.com/2010/Index.html

6) Download the Client File - It's the very top link.

7) Run the client and point it at the Client File.

8) Upload your saved line file in the NEW FOLDER in the YAHOO GROUP. The folder is at the top of the folders tree and called !! 2010 Lines !!

This season please do not upload your lines into each individual folder but rather into the group folder as this will make things easier for me.

Apologies as well to MAC OS users as this client is not available to us. Good news is that version 2 of the software, which is in final testing and which we will consider for next season and beyond, does have a MAC client.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
(ii) When would be the most appropriate time to start sending offers for guys we want to sign off our prospect lists for use this season?

Many GM's have done this already and I am updating those signings for many players so I would go ahead and send in your offers to your agents.

(iii) Positions (part 1) - probably done through the ratings file import but I see some of my guys positions have changed.
Even if it's only for a brief window of time will we be able to request having those players returned to those positions even if they are no longer listed as such? I.e if player X was last playing Centre (end of last HFNHL season) in the previous FHL sim files and now shows as a winger can I move them back to centre if I show that from the previous HFNHL roster files?

Yes, the position changes were probably a hangover from the new ratings file import. Please send me the changes, either via email or in the new ratings folder (see previous post). Please just note a link for the position, and if it's a legacy hangover from the FHL just make a note of that instead.

(iv) Positions (part 2) - Niche cases from part 1 aside when do you want us to start sending miscellaneous other updates like position updates, age corrections, etc.?

Please go ahead and send those in as well to me, again through any of the prescribed methods, email, in the yahoo groups or in this thread, along with rookie status changes etc.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
For the Panthers...

Darroll Powe was one of those who didn't have their ratings inputted due to a likely spelling error.

John Oduya should not be a rookie.

Everything else looks fine and dandy!

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
What's the significance of the rookie thing? I guess Kris Letang isn't a rookie as he was signed last year and played on my roster a fair bit (more than David Krejci who is not listed as a rookie).

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
What's the significance of the rookie thing? I guess Kris Letang isn't a rookie as he was signed last year and played on my roster a fair bit (more than David Krejci who is not listed as a rookie).

One of my tasks this week is the restoration of the 2009 files (I'm gonna wait on that a few days so people can compare the updated FHL files to STHS files first) so we can check rookie status.

Meanwhile more UPDATES completed:

COACHES NOW ACTIVE

www.hfnhl.com now has the correct links in place to the 2010 files.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
One other thing I've just noticed for the Panthers is that John Oduya's ratings aren't correct. His new ratings for this season have not been imported. This is likely another spelling issue as he's "Johnny Oduya" in the ratings file.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
One thought: the settings for the new season show Finances at 50. I can't remember if that as the same level our test season ran at; if so, have we run a test to see what the financial outcomes would be if we moved the slider down a tic?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
One thought: the settings for the new season show Finances at 50. I can't remember if that as the same level our test season ran at; if so, have we run a test to see what the financial outcomes would be if we moved the slider down a tic?

As of yet I have not set up the sliders - I'm doing some research still, including consulting with Jeff Kirk who is in an STHS league and the commish there has sent over his slider settings.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Next year picks are missing from Prospect list.

Yes, I haven't figured out how to import the picks. I'm assuming that some time this week I'll have to manually transfer them around.

Also, I don't think we can make next years picks 2010, and then 2011 etc. The league is set up for year 1, year 2 etc. unfortunately.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Some Errors in Flyers prospect list

Hi! I found some errors in my prospect list

Jaroslav Halak and Boris Valabik are created but still in my prospect list.

G James Howard in my prospect list...it's suppose to be Jimmy Howard.

Thanks

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
UPDATES

Please note that I've added a few prospect signings, a trade (the St-Louis one) and of major note: The Goaltender ratings are now in.

Thanks to Brock for troubleshooting those ratings tonight. More updates to come later or tomorrow.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Matt K >> Boedker and D'Agostini were signed off my prospect list this summer. I can forward the email if you need it.

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Hi Matt,

It appears that both Slava Kozlov and Martin St. Louis' ratings did not upload correctly. It's likely related to the names not being the same in the ratings file.

Thanks,

Abbas

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Hi Matt,

It appears that both Slava Kozlov and Martin St. Louis' ratings did not upload correctly. It's likely related to the names not being the same in the ratings file.

Thanks,

Abbas

With the odd occurrence of this happening, I think it would be very wise for GM's to check the ratings file (on the yahoo groups) to make sure that their players ratings uploaded correctly.

I'll be sure to upload the goalie ratings as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad