HFNHL Preseason Starting - 10/31

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
With challenges now out of the way we're ready to start the games. A condensed preseason will start tomorrow, October 31st. Happy Halloween!

The preseason schedule is 25 days long but we're going to zip through it in 7 (triple & quadruple headers nightly) to wrap things up on November 6th. We'll take a days break before starting the regular season on November 8th. I'll post a sim schedule for the regular season when we get to that point.

During the preseason I will be tweaking settings to find the right mix. Finances will be disabled but injuries & suspensions will carry forward into the season. I will attempt to get the home page updated, but for now, you MUST use the below link to access the preseason league file and all rosters/stats pages.

2014-15 Preseason
http://hfnhl.org/2015/preseason/index.html

If you have any prospects to sign, roster requirements to hit or changes to be made nows the time to get them done. Anything that prevents the Sim from running will be corrected automatically so things aren't held back.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I'll get the link updated. In the meantime, if you sign into your Dropbox account the folder should be there for you as a shared folder. Better yet, install the desktop app and you can drag and drop it without having to go anywhere.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
You haven't run any test seasons?

personally don't like preseason. Test seasons should be enough

What I've found in the past between this league and others is that the Sim doesn't necessarily produce the same results when simming an entire season at once versus going through one day at a time. This makes no sense of course but many things in the Sim don't make sense.

I'll be continuing to run test seasons on the side while we do preseason so I can try finding the right settings.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Can a Mac user with version 2.2.5 or earlier send me their SimonTHockeySimulator.exe file? 2.2.6 doesn't work for me

Anyone? Buelleur. Mueller? Muller? Someone?

Last edited:

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
I'll get the link updated. In the meantime, if you sign into your Dropbox account the folder should be there for you as a shared folder. Better yet, install the desktop app and you can drag and drop it without having to go anywhere.

Finally got computer where editor works .. fixed my lines, too bad some players are already injured like Doan, Elias .. :(

I saved my lines to dropbox HFNHL folder, so i guess in next game, my lines are used?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Can a Mac user with version 2.2.5 or earlier send me their SimonTHockeySimulator.exe file? 2.2.6 doesn't work for me

Anyone? Buelleur. Mueller? Muller? Someone?

Mueller says he can't give you his since my windows partition is no longer compatible with Yosemite

EDIT: Oh, might have an older version on my old laptop

EDIT EDIT: it won't be the mono version. Dumb question, have you been installing the mono version not the main version?

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
mono version...it 2.2.6 freezes on me and I get application not responding. I see the GUI window and it says its the sim but nothing in the window. Then my 36 degree temp macbook jumps to 60+ Celsuis of course

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
mono version...it 2.2.6 freezes on me and I get application not responding. I see the GUI window and it says its the sim but nothing in the window. Then my 36 degree temp macbook jumps to 60+ Celsuis of course

Sadly I don't have any mono versions. My old laptop just has the windows version

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Getting a message with the latest client file that it is too old. I've tried it a number of times and know I trying the right file. Can the simgod at least move Enroth in for me? Howard is going to be done for a while now and the season has yet to begin.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Getting a message with the latest client file that it is too old. I've tried it a number of times and know I trying the right file. Can the simgod at least move Enroth in for me? Howard is going to be done for a while now and the season has yet to begin.

I subbed Enroth in and added a couple rest days in during the game to deal with some of the exhaustion.

What's the file name? What date does the client say the file is? It will show in the bottom right corner of the client program.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I subbed Enroth in and added a couple rest days in during the game to deal with some of the exhaustion.

What's the file name? What date does the client say the file is? It will show in the bottom right corner of the client program.

I was going through the web site, instead of the link, so was getting an old file. All good now. Thanks, Jeff.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
While the client file link hasn't been updated, the Dropbox and preseason index page links on the league site are updated.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
What I've found in the past between this league and others is that the Sim doesn't necessarily produce the same results when simming an entire season at once versus going through one day at a time. This makes no sense of course but many things in the Sim don't make sense.

I'll be continuing to run test seasons on the side while we do preseason so I can try finding the right settings.

can we see test seasons results??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad