HFNHL Preseason Begins

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
We're a little behind the NHL but a month or two ahead of where we were last season, so with that in mind...

The 2017-18 HFNHL season will begin Monday October 2nd, with a somewhat condensed preseason schedule.

Preseason Plan
Start:
Monday October 2nd
Finish: Monday October 9th
Sim plans: There will be 3 game days a night for the duration of the preseason

The home page will be updated with a link for the preseason index page. Use it, and only it, to access current rosters. Team direct links at the bottom of the home page are NOT correct at this point. For those wanting a direct link...

Index: http://hfnhl.org/2018/preseason/index.html
League File: http://hfnhl.org/2018/preseason/HFNHL-PRE.stc

Action items & reminders

Waivers: All players have been called up to pro rosters. Everyone is required to submit lines by end of night Saturday October 7th so players are on waivers by the end of preseason. If you have a player aged 25+ that was just signed as a UDFA this summer they are exempt from waivers and can be submitted to SimGod for that clearance. Anyone who does not submit lines will face discipline from the Commish and will have their rosters set for them without input. The post with more details can be found here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2102811&highlight=waivers.

Minimum roster requirements: By the start of the regular season all teams must have 3 goalies, 8 defenseman, and 14 forwards under contract in your system.

Salary cap/floor: As a reminder, this years cap is $75M and floor is $55.4M.

Lines: Submit through Dropbox as usual. If you lost access or can't get in let me know. Those of you who posted lines recently will need to do so again with the new league file please and thank you.

Regular Season Plan

Pending everyone getting lines in the regular season will tentatively begin Wednesday October 11th. We will run double headers for as long as needed to catch up to the NHL then will be back to one game a night.

Last edited:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Now I see where you guys meant. I was looking at our actual site and not the link above. I copy/paste the entire post from the 2016/17 preseason post and even though I updated the link text it seemed to keep the coding from last year. I've updated now.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Action items & reminders

Waivers: All players have been called up to pro rosters. Everyone is required to submit lines by end of night Saturday October 7th so players are on waivers by the end of preseason. If you have a player aged 25+ that was just signed as a UDFA this summer they are exempt from waivers and can be submitted to SimGod for that clearance. Anyone who does not submit lines will face discipline from the Commish and will have their rosters set for them without input. The post with more details can be found here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2102811&highlight=waivers.

Minimum roster requirements: By the start of the regular season all teams must have 3 goalies, 8 defenseman, and 14 forwards under contract in your system.

Just a reminder that you have a couple nights left to get lines in and start pushing players down to the farm. In addition to this, I have the roster limits removed right now to allow for the mass call up, so once that's turned back on everyone will need to be down to 25 players. I'm planning to do that Saturday night so if you don't want the Sim to throw someone on waivers for you please be sure to get your roster sorted out by then!

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
And where i should upload my lines, I have uploaded lines to dropbox .. some folder, but cannot find the correct place.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
And where i should upload my lines, I have uploaded lines to dropbox .. some folder, but cannot find the correct place.

"Some folder" probably won't cut it for getting them to me. You have access to the HFNHL Lines folder already so if you sign in you should see it. If not I'll have to send you another invite.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
And just like that the preseason is done. The website has been updated with the final preseason pages and the regular season link has all updated stuff up as well.

A few of you are over the cap or under the floor and have some work to do. You have until Wednesday to get new lines in. Please be sure to use the new client file found on our homepage or the regular season index page.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
A few of you are over the cap or under the floor and have some work to do. You have until Wednesday to get new lines in. Please be sure to use the new client file found on our homepage or the regular season index page.

If you're over the cap and looking to move some salary, the Golden Knights are able to take on some salary and can be easily reached via slackbot, email, whatsaputo (if you have my contact info), carrier pigeon, snail mail, morse code or smoke signal.

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
Thank you to the SimGod and everyone on the Admin team involved with ratings, signings, etc. to have gotten this season off to such a strong start. I don't know if it's a record but this has to be among the earliest starts to a HFNHL season in memory. Kudos.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
And just like that the preseason is done. The website has been updated with the final preseason pages and the regular season link has all updated stuff up as well.

I am confused, I noticed the Hudler salary is counting towards cap even though he cleared waivers and is in the minors. I understand that he will collect full salary but I thought that he would not be part of cap number. Also, what is the cap ceiling this season? is it $75M?

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I am confused, I noticed the Hudler salary is counting towards cap even though he cleared waivers and is in the minors. I understand that he will collect full salary but I thought that he would not be part of cap number. Also, what is the cap ceiling this season? is it $75M?

All players in the Farm should count 1% towards our cap figures. This came into play 2 seasons ago I think with a Sim update to mirror what the NHL does with these bigger salaries in the minors. Rather than follow the NHL completely we dialed it down to the lowest amount we could. The Sim page will say he's counting towards the cap but if you have math to show it's at full value send me the details in an email please.

And for the ceiling, yes it's $75M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad