HFNHL Phase 2 FA Results

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Montreal matches the offer for Kostitsyn.

Did consider taking the 2nd. Kostitsyn is either going to break out, or find himself playing in the KHL next season.

And after great deliberation, the Buffalo Sabres choose to match the offer to Andrew Ladd. Nothing like last minute dramatics :D

3M is a lot of money for a 3rd liner, I'm hoping he plays like a top 6 forward now that he should get the ice time in Atlanta. Of course, its quite possible he'll end up on a line with Kopitar and Marleau in HF so he'll definitely put up 3M numbers there if he does......lucky lucky boy.:amazed:

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Hey Rob D, I was almost 2 fer 2

congrats lol

i signed all my RFA before the end of the season so that I didnt get my **** all tied up with with stupid RFA offers!

although, doesnt it interest anyone that we have more RFA offers in a single season then the NHL will have in a decade or maybe has had in its entire history?

and its Robb .. lol, peace.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
doesnt it interest anyone that we have more RFA offers in a single season then the NHL will have in a decade or maybe has had in its entire history?

Yes, it's interesting - although that's less a criticism of our HFNHL GMs than it is a reflection of the limited imagination of NHL GMs. It seems very much to be an unwritten rule among teams that Offer Sheets are frowned upon, because a) you're driving contracts up, which doesn't make the governors very happy, and b) you're actually spending assets (in terms of picks or negotiated compenation) to do so. Mostly, although I think GMs consider it messing with another team - it's like they're saying "competitive bids on UFAs, fair game, but don't touch my team's players!".

Although we did see a good offer sheet this summer from San Jose on Chicago's Hjalmarsson, which Chicago matched (at some cost to their cap). I guess it's okay if you do it to the Stanley Cup winners, since they already have their cup? ;)

Maybe it's a sign that NHL GMs are finally waking up to the utility of the RFA offer, but it won't matter much since we'll be on to a new CBA (or new work interruption) before the bulk of the old boys network has a change of thinking.

i signed all my RFA before the end of the season so that I didnt get my **** all tied up with with stupid RFA offers!

You and me both, man. I plan my RFA offers out a couple of years in advance, to make sure I'll have room - or that I can make room. Unless there's a player I do not care if I lose, and his contract is over the useful compensation threshold, I'm going to make every reasonable effort extend him in-season.

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
I have been away at the cottage and almost lost Lapierre because of it! Atlanta matches Anaheim's offer.

Ryan

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Jay Beagle $900,000 x 1 DET
Dan Ringwald $650,000 x 1 FLA
Patrick Killeen $600,000 x 3 PHX
Ben Holmstrom $550,000 x 2 ANA

I'll need links to these players to create them. Can the respective GM's please submit them in this thread. Many thanks

Matthew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad