HFNHL Mock....because someone asked ;)

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
1​
StarsShane WrightDallas can use an elite two way forward.
2​
RangersMatthew SavoieNice blueline already. Certainly look to add the the forward group.
3​
Red WingsJuraj SlavkovskyAgain, blueline has nice pieces so the big PF goes to Detroit.
4​
KrakenDavid JiricekKraken need help everywhere. Berniers helps F, Jiricek will help D.
5​
OilersSimon NemecWith Rossi and Krebs coming, Oil go big dynamic D. Slick pick.
6​
IslandersLogan CooleyIslanders toss around going with a dman, too much of a reach with Cooley on the board still. Sadly Zach pulls a groin running up to the podium to grab the American.
7​
PenguinsBrad LambertRobb should trade up or trade down, since it looks like the biggest gap is on the blueline. Failing that, BPA is the skill of Lambert.
8​
Golden KnightsJoakim KemmelWith decent players sprinkled throughout the line up but depth an issue, Vegas goes with goal scorer Kemmel.
9​
CoyotesJonathan LekkermakiCoyotes have some work to do. They certainly help their franchise with the talented kid from Djurgardens
10​
SabresDenton MateychukSabres reach a bit since they have some really dynamic forwards. Hoping to find a dynamic D in Mateychuk.
11​
BlackhawksFrank NazarDryden looking for scoring depth goes to USNTDP for nifty forward from Michigan.
12​
CanadiensKevin KorchinskiBachul hates small. Likes big. Takes 6'2 puck distributor from the Western League.
13​
PredatorsPavel MintyukovBrisson, Rosen, Sillinger, Moser, Bourque, Bordeleau…I am thinking a dman might be the flavour of the day in Nashville.
14​
WildConnor GeekieAgain, the obvious pick is a forward, and power forwards are hard to find. Hasnain grabs Savoie's running mate from the Winnipeg Ice.
15​
HurricanesCutter GauthierIdeally one of the blueliners drop to Solly but snapped up early, the best player available is Gauthier who had a great combine.
16​
WildDanil YurovAdding more skill, some guy from Dobber prospects said.. “Yurov is a very smart two-way player, who reads the game a couple of steps ahead of his opponents." Sounds good to me.
17​
CoyotesIvan MiroschenkoCoyotes are still building and will be patient with Mirochenko. If he hadn't just gone through health issues he would be even higher.
18​
SenatorsMarco KasperAging blueline could use a boost, but Kasper is a dish too tough to pass up.
19​
RangersRutger McGroatyRangers jump into the USNTDP and pick up offensive whiz McGroaty. If his skating improves, watch out.
20​
CapitalsSeamus CaseyCaps have good pieces everywhere. They have some time to wait for the smooth skating Casey to develop.
21​
Golden KnightsRyan ChesleyIt takes many pieces to make a championship team. This piece is the responsible two way dman.
22​
PanthersJagger FirkusBrock seems to find gems. Firkus is a guy he is happy to pluck at 22.
23​
BruinsIssac HowardThomas quit. Suck it Thomas, whoever takes over the B's grabs Howard from the USNTDP
24​
PanthersLiam OhgrenWho keeps giving Brock more 1sts to play with? Anyways, another guy who falls to his lap is talented forward from Stockholm.
25​
StarsLian BischelA 6'5 shut down dman that has decent wheels and playmaking ability? Sign me up.
26​
LightningOwen BeckCaptain Kirk has a great roster but some depth down the middle would be nice. Beck fits the bill. Beam me down Scotty.
27​
KingsJimmy SnuggerudOther than a top end goalie, Kings have want for little. They take Snuggy here as BPA.
28​
CanucksFilip MesarLots to like about the Canucks. Here is another. A guy that can skate, stickhandle, play wing, centre…don't Mes-ar with success.
29​
BluesNoah OstlundThere are more question marks at forward than defense so Blues will take Swede Ostlund and let him develop overseas.
30​
PredatorsGleb TrizikovPreds go back to Russia and get great value here with Trizikov. Projects possible midrounder but you know…Russia.
31​
Red WingsJiri KulichWings take talented C Kulich to continue their impressive roster turnover.
32​
WildOwen PickeringWild go with big strong dman to end the 1st round. Good blend of size, skill and skating.

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Well I could just have posted my rankings what fun would that be. That said if I would have posted a mock on May 31,2019 of

Hughes
Zegras
Seider
Byram
Caufield
Kaako

You probably would have had the same reaction. ;)
As the guy who drafted Kakko second overall, that would have been helpful guidance to o fluency my selection. 😢

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad