HFNHL Expansion Rules

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, Tony, but I'm pretty sure you have to protect re-signed and pending UFA's in the expansion draft. For each individual, their contract status shouldn't really matter - the contract part is only that every team has to have a minimum # of signed guys at each position).

So if they are your property and eligible by the criteria, they have to be either protected or exposed.

my question was more or less vice versa. it is not mandatory to protect pending or re-signed ufas, right? you can chose for either whether to protect or expose them

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Two points for clarification:

- I'm assuming players who had contracts but left for Europe remain on the prospect list but are eligible for the expansion draft. Correct?

- for prospects who have reached the "must sign" window, do we have the option now to release instead?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Two points for clarification:

- I'm assuming players who had contracts but left for Europe remain on the prospect list but are eligible for the expansion draft. Correct?

- for prospects who have reached the "must sign" window, do we have the option now to release instead?

One. All the players on prospect lists are not eligible to be picked in the expansion draft including euros, with the exception of the 2 RFA holdouts.

Two. I don't believe that you are allowed to release prospects before the auto sign window regardless of expansion. I would think that prospect releases for those who have not yet met the 50 game requirement in the NHL will happen before free agency as usual.

Brad Palmer

Sep 21, 2012
Are there any changes to expansion rules for Seattle? Other than the change in games played threshold to follow the NHL? I believe the new one 27 GP in 2020-21 or 56 GP in the previous two season combined.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Are there any changes to expansion rules for Seattle? Other than the change in games played threshold to follow the NHL? I believe the new one 27 GP in 2020-21 or 56 GP in the previous two season combined.

Best way to look at it, unless the NHL changes rules we wont either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->