Brandon Manning
Olli Maatta
Petteri Lindbohm

G
Jakob Markstrom
Louis Domingue
Magnus Hellberg
Malcolm Subban

Or at least, that's how I'd probably draft if I was Jon. Good mix of veteran assets on short deals that I could trade off eventually and some younger wild cards. Well within the salary cap required and close to the salary floor as well.

Last edited:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Brock there's an alarming name on your mock: Conor Sheary

According to capfriendly.com he is exempt, thats why i did not protect him. Did I miss anything? i would certainly protect him over Jordan Martinook for example!!!

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Brock there's an alarming name on your mock: Conor Sheary

According to capfriendly.com he is exempt, thats why i did not protect him. Did I miss anything? i would certainly protect him over Jordan Martinook for example!!!

I see that now, but I have absolutely no idea how he's not eligible? Expansion confuses the hell out of me...lol

So...Scott Wilson who is the same age, has played three pro seasons, has played 103 NHL games and 79 AHL games in those three seasons is eligible for Pittsburgh. But Sheary, who has played 105 NHL games and 78 AHL games in that same time period is not eligible?

Someone please help me understand...:laugh:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Sheary has only played NHL games over 2 seasons. That's why he is exempt.

No

He is exempt because the 14/15 season was an AHL contract. He didn't sign an NHL ELC until the next season.

He wasn't eligible to play in the NHL unless he signed an additional contract.

If you go to his capfriendly page, you'll see that his ELC started in 15/16.

Edit: it makes sense actually. You should only be allowed to draft from one of the 50 NHL contracts. You couldn't, for example, pick a player who is playing for an AHL team(or ECHL) even if that team is associated with an NHL team. So, it seems the definition of "pro" in the NHL rules actually means "pro under NHL contract playing in North America".

Last edited:

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
I would be a little surprised if he didn't take a goalie from me. With the Perry/Yandle trade I was able to go 7/3/1 which allowed me to protect all forwards I needed to except guys who might not become more than third liners in the NHL, defensemen who may never become anything more than a #4 D but two goalies who would both be capable of coming in and be legitimate starters right off the bat. One of which is on a pretty decent contract. Being one of the bottom feeders I was able to protect most skaters that have value, who would be of interest, while making a signing last summer that put me in a position where I could protect a young goalie (Kuemper) and still assure myself that I'll keep a good mid level NHL starter.

SenatorsGM

Jun 25, 2012
The Vegas Golden Knights:

Jokinen
Danault
Read
Korpikoski
H sedin
Hayes
Jurco
Pages
Di Giuseppe