HFNHL draft

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I prefer to draft before NHL , that's what make this league special....but going to be hard to be in time for the draft ..no? They are starting the PO and we are at game 70 going to be impossible to catch I think..

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I prefer to draft before NHL , that's what make this league special....but going to be hard to be in time for the draft ..no? They are starting the PO and we are at game 70 going to be impossible to catch I think..

Nah we'll be fine. We'll finish the regular season in a week or two, and after that we can sim the playoffs in half the time as the NHL. Our playoffs takes a month (28 game) max.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Nah we'll be fine. We'll finish the regular season in a week or two, and after that we can sim the playoffs in half the time as the NHL. Our playoffs takes a month (28 game) max.

Yes and yes. I did up a schedule and we're totally fine. I won't be missing any more days - the worst of my work is over and I'm fully moved.

flyershfnhl said:
hat's what make this league special

I couldn't agree more.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Ok thanks for the info...Just wanted to be sure cause I prefer to draft before NHL do....Some gm's are bad in drafting in HFNHL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and can take advantage of this situation Mouhaaaaahaaaaa :p:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
While not official, our draft has been held every year on the Saturday before the NHL draft, typically at 10:00AM EST. That would make it June 18th this year. I would suggest you at least pencil that date in, subject to the Admin team conferring and confirming the exact date and time.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Yep - barring unforeseen circumstances, the good Doctor has the time and date correct. Gives plenty of time for everyone to peruse their draft guides, should they choose to do so.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I've always received a printed copy

he following was attached to a refund they gave me:

Due to circumstances beyond our control we will not be publishing the McKeen's Draft Guide this year. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your support. Cheers, Ron Jones

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Rumors that Flyers will maybe be tempting to trade their #3 overall pick this year (Caps #1 2011) pick and even the Flames #1 pick in 2011...... The source is unknowned for now.....

20101114172615!GabrielLandeskogSweden.jpg

Technoviking Landeskog

ept_sports_juniorhockey_experts-682260476-1295332187.jpg

Technoviking Adam Larsson

tyhqbfyteu_October%20-%20POM%20-%20Story.jpg

Baby face Nugent Hopkins

20110110140908_300.jpg

Frenchy Sean Couturier

Jonathan+Huberdeau+4.jpg

Frenchy Johnathan Huberdeau

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we adopt a new procedure last year whereby the winner of the NHL lottery determined which HFNHL spot won? So if the team drafting in the 6th spot wins the NHL lottery (moving up to 2nd), then the same would happen in the HFNHL.

If that's right, then it's just a matter of waiting for the NHL's draw.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we adopt a new procedure last year whereby the winner of the NHL lottery determined which HFNHL spot won? So if the team drafting in the 6th spot wins the NHL lottery (moving up to 2nd), then the same would happen in the HFNHL.

whoops

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007

If that's the case Senor Dryden should draft 4th overall no?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
D'oh! Didn't realize the NHL's lottery had already happened. Wonder how I missed that? In that case, yes, Matt has to conduct a draw as before.

And maybe next year, when we start the season on time, we'll actually finish our season first! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad