HFNHL Draft Lottery

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
With this being posted on TSN today how are we doing the lottery this year?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317019

Are we matching up HFNHL teams with the NHL teams that finished in the same position? Will make things a little anti-climatic when the NHL lottery is held a week before we finish our season.

Or is Matt going to stream another live event and draw names after the season? That was pretty neat.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
With this being posted on TSN today how are we doing the lottery this year?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317019

Are we matching up HFNHL teams with the NHL teams that finished in the same position? Will make things a little anti-climatic when the NHL lottery is held a week before we finish our season.

I like the matching with NHL. So NHL do the draw for us ...better. So we can prepare her draft earlier too. It's better for ****** team like mine we can at least prepare our draft and the others continue their playoffs.

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Are we matching up HFNHL teams with the NHL teams that finished in the same position?

Yes. So if the 25th-place NHL team wins the NHL lottery, the 25th-place HFNHL team will move up 4 spots.

Or is Matt going to stream another live event and draw names after the season? That was pretty neat.

That was cool - although it was for determining the lottery results of contested free agent prospects. I expect it will happen again this year.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Not sure I like it. Those of us at the bottom of the pack will then know where they would need to be to get the 1st pick and could perhaps manipulate their way to that spot.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Not sure I like it. Those of us at the bottom of the pack will then know where they would need to be to get the 1st pick and could perhaps manipulate their way to that spot.

HFNHL regular season will be finish when they do the draw

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto

There are already teams tanking or tampering with the standings anyhow so what's the difference

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
True
Can we do the draw just after her regular season finish so the other 16 teams can work on their draft?

I don't see why all 30 teams can't be working on their draft lists now. CSB final results came out yesterday. Also, its no problem doing our own lottery if we decide thats the better route, which due to our scheduling is most likely the best option.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I don't see why all 30 teams can't be working on their draft lists now. CSB final results came out yesterday. Also, its no problem doing our own lottery if we decide thats the better route, which due to our scheduling is most likely the best option.

Yes we can do our own lottery, but can we do it after the regular season I mean?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site

I love how we've tied our lottery into the NHLs in the past, but that looks impractical this season. Our own lottery is really the only system that makes sense this season.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Actually, I think I'm going to conduct the lottery right at the draft, just for the added "wow" factor. ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
There are already teams tanking or tampering with the standings anyhow so what's the difference

Well I'm not, and would like to think that others won't. I have no problem with what the Flyers are doing by putting de Vries on waivers to save money. I could do the same with Sutton, but frankly, I want to sign him next year so I won't.

The Flyers and Thrashers are pretty much cemented as the worst and next to worst record. But Carolina, the Kings and I are right there for the 3-5 pick. Would like the rest of the season to be played without knowing who picks where, IMHO.

Default101

I was wondering.. if a team finishes.. say 7th and wins the lottery and winds up 3rd.. like what happened in the NHL are we going with that, or just the bottom 5 teams?

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Well I'm not, and would like to think that others won't. I have no problem with what the Flyers are doing by putting de Vries on waivers to save money. I could do the same with Sutton, but frankly, I want to sign him next year so I won't.

The Flyers and Thrashers are pretty much cemented as the worst and next to worst record. But Carolina, the Kings and I are right there for the 3-5 pick. Would like the rest of the season to be played without knowing who picks where, IMHO.

Funny thing is that in pre-season I was the best team??? I don't know WTH happen.:shakehead I'm sure is Matt with the sim that did something to my team.....:arr: Yes for De Vries I waive him cause he's retire but If he was like 32 years old and still in the NHL Il keep him, but it's not the case.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I was wondering.. if a team finishes.. say 7th and wins the lottery and winds up 3rd.. like what happened in the NHL are we going with that, or just the bottom 5 teams?

All teams that finish out of the playoffs can potentially win the lottery. It's a common misnomer on the part of the media (and some NHL GMs) to refer just to positions 1-5 as "lottery picks" because they all have a shot at going first overall. But 1-14 are all lottery picks, and yes, that applies to the HFNHL too.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Would like the rest of the season to be played without knowing who picks where, IMHO.

I agree...if we are going to allow for teams to play games knowing which spot is the lottery winner, why have a lottery at all? The whole purpose is so that you can't tank your way into a guaranteed first pick.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I agree...if we are going to allow for teams to play games knowing which spot is the lottery winner, why have a lottery at all? The whole purpose is so that you can't tank your way into a guaranteed first pick.

Good point. We absolutely need to do our own lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad