HFNHL Capitals Brace for Difficult Offseason

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
The reigning champions, for a few more weeks, are set to encounter their first major set of contracts that they can't reasonably meet. Auston Matthews, Matthew Tkachuk, Charlie McAvoy, Connor Helleybuck are likely the only players on the do not call list.

You see some notable exceptions: Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Sam Reinhart, Erik Haula, Alex Iafallo, Frank Vatrano, Miro Heiskanen, T.J. Brodie, Joel Edmundson, Justin Braun, and Antti Raanta.

Some offers will have to be bigger than others, but the goal isn't to gut the team. It's to get cheaper and take some gambles on lower cost players who might be able to eventually replicate strong results. Sam Reinhart and Miro Heiskanen in particular will be tough sells. Reinhart is on a good contract and Heiskanen has Norris caliber upside but the price tag to match. Hit me up with any ideas you might have and let's see if we can get something done to save my budget.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
The reigning champions, for a few more weeks, are set to encounter their first major set of contracts that they can't reasonably meet. Auston Matthews, Matthew Tkachuk, Charlie McAvoy, Connor Helleybuck are likely the only players on the do not call list.

You see some notable exceptions: Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Sam Reinhart, Erik Haula, Alex Iafallo, Frank Vatrano, Miro Heiskanen, T.J. Brodie, Joel Edmundson, Justin Braun, and Antti Raanta.

Some offers will have to be bigger than others, but the goal isn't to gut the team. It's to get cheaper and take some gambles on lower cost players who might be able to eventually replicate strong results. Sam Reinhart and Miro Heiskanen in particular will be tough sells. Reinhart is on a good contract and Heiskanen has Norris caliber upside but the price tag to match. Hit me up with any ideas you might have and let's see if we can get something done to save my budget.
Washington has since traded RNH to Detroit for Lukas Cormier and a 3rd round pick. Rumor has it they have also traded Miro Heiskanen to a Western Conference team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00