HFNHL: Arizona Coyotes Trade Block

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
With the trade deadline approaching, we wanted to throw a short list of players who have generated interest.

- Cap Space (We have lots of it, and it's for sale)
- Justin Abdelkader (received lots of interest so adding him)
- Brad Richards (Good contract, veteran NHLer)
- Scottie Upshall (On a very cheap contract, still has value as bottom six)
- Marek Mazenec (Has some good potential, available for a mid round pick)
- Kyle Quincey (1 year left on contract, having his best season in years with New Jersey)
- Matt O'Connor (Goaltending prospect, mid round pick)

Last edited:

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
Also wanted to add. For guys who would rather trade off their later picks for already developing prospects and/or you don't have many prospects I'd be willing to combine a few of my lower tier guys for a late pick. Unfortunately for me, some of the players I've cut/traded in such fashion have ended up making the NHL. Here's a list of those prospects:

Austen Brassard, Brendan Ranford, Jerome Gauthier-Leduc, Mikko Vainonen, Miro Keskitalo, Tristen Pfiefer,

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
Alzner has been dealt, pending league approval. He and Staal are off the market.

Update: Now that it has been approved by the league, the Arizona Coyotes have traded Defenseman Karl Alzner and prospect Kyle Capobianco to the Nashville Predators in exchange for defenseman Brian Strait and prospect Michael Dal Colle.

"Obivously it's tough giving up a top 10 shutdown defender in his prime like Alzner, but we have pretty good depth on the blueline and it was an offer We felt was fair, and worked along the lines of what we are trying to accomplish which is building one of the best young teams in the league. Capobianco is a solid prospect, the Captain of the Sudbury Wolves and a near point per game defenseman so we're also moving a solid prospect. In return we're getting a potential first line NHL prospect in Michael Dal Colle who has size skill and smarts, three things that will make him a good fit with some of our other top prospects. Brian Strait gives us some veteran security on the back end for the rest of the season."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad