HFNHL 15th Anniversary Entry Draft - Newark, NJ - June 2013

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
(I started a new thread for this as a stand-alone topic, now that we know where it's being held)

2013 will mark the 15th entry draft in our league's history. Who would have believed it all those years ago? We're going to have to do something special next year to mark our 15th - my suggestion is to actually travel to the host city of the NHL draft (the beautiful Prudential Centre, in even more beautiful Newark, New Jersey ;) ) and hold our draft live and in person during the day on Friday, then attend the NHL draft Friday night and Saturday, accompanied by much drinking and general foolishness. Start planning your holidays accordingly!

It's been suggested that we stay in Manhattan, and just travel over to Newark for the NHL events. I'm good with that if cost isn't an issue for people...

I'll continue to add to and edit this top post as we get more details sorted out.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
i will plan on it too ...

can we contact the NHL or NHL productions? lets tell them our story, 15 years of hard core NHL following, maybe they can help is with some goodies or "back stage" passes or even we could get our inhouse production consultant to work with them on some sort of documentary on our league activity?

just an idea, lets chat about possibilities.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Such a lame place for a special draft umm not sure obviously depends on what my dad thinks about this I will be 21 by the time this roles around too

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
i will plan on it too ...

can we contact the NHL or NHL productions? lets tell them our story, 15 years of hard core NHL following, maybe they can help is with some goodies or "back stage" passes or even we could get our inhouse production consultant to work with them on some sort of documentary on our league activity?

just an idea, lets chat about possibilities.

Believe me, Robb, I've been thinking a lot about this since draft day. I think we can come up with a pretty compelling pitch. Fortunately we have a TV producer in-house to help us polish. ;)

And Zac, while Newark isn't exciting, the arena itself is apparently gorgeous. And we're a short cab ride away from the Big Apple, so it's all good.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Lets make this happen guys! I am really intrested to finally see a draft and finally meet the rest of you guys.

A few of you guys knows that I work in the travel industry so I can volunteer to be in charge for accommodation. Finding something in Manhattan for a good price with a boardroom/meeting room where we can have our draft on friday. The airline I work for flies to Newark so no problem at me to get there, would be fun to fly with Tony, Ville and Pasi from Europe.

I also have some contacts that could be good for this event. A friend of mine is a writer for nhl.com on a regular basis and also have the email info for the NHL Media Department that I have been in contact a few times over the years.

What date is the draft? Is there any official NHL Entry Draft hotel announced yet?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Lets make this happen guys! I am really intrested to finally see a draft and finally meet the rest of you guys.

A few of you guys knows that I work in the travel industry so I can volunteer to be in charge for accommodation. Finding something in Manhattan for a good price with a boardroom/meeting room where we can have our draft on friday. The airline I work for flies to Newark so no problem at me to get there, would be fun to fly with Tony, Ville and Pasi from Europe.

I also have some contacts that could be good for this event. A friend of mine is a writer for nhl.com on a regular basis and also have the email info for the NHL Media Department that I have been in contact a few times over the years.

What date is the draft? Is there any official NHL Entry Draft hotel announced yet?

Its the 28th. The same day as my wedding in Paris :(

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
You can make it Matthew :), lets held our draft on the 27th, United has a flight to Paris at 9.20PM that gets you into Paris at 1055 on the 28th. Wedding shouldnt start until 1PM or :)?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Believe me, Robb, I've been thinking a lot about this since draft day. I think we can come up with a pretty compelling pitch. Fortunately we have a TV producer in-house to help us polish. ;)

And Zac, while Newark isn't exciting, the arena itself is apparently gorgeous. And we're a short cab ride away from the Big Apple, so it's all good.

Make sure to check out Dinosaur Barbeque right next to the arena.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
One silver lining of all this CBA ******** is the distinct possibility that the NHL Entry Draft will be pushed back a couple of weeks in order to accommodate a full 82-game schedule starting around US Thanksgiving. No guarantees, of course, but early signs suggest it's heading that way (assuming of course there's a season at all).

That might open up the possibility of Mr. Kershaw gracing us with his distinguished presence... assuming of course his new bride lets him out of the house so soon after their honeymoon...

Just make sure you bring along some bunnies, Matthew! :naughty:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I think I'll be in some little country called Austria and trying to speak German or having fun with some European hottie around July so count me out.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
One silver lining of all this CBA ******** is the distinct possibility that the NHL Entry Draft will be pushed back a couple of weeks in order to accommodate a full 82-game schedule starting around US Thanksgiving. No guarantees, of course, but early signs suggest it's heading that way (assuming of course there's a season at all).

That might open up the possibility of Mr. Kershaw gracing us with his distinguished presence... assuming of course his new bride lets him out of the house so soon after their honeymoon...

Just make sure you bring along some bunnies, Matthew! :naughty:

I apologize in advance for stealing some GM's away from the June 28 HFNHL gathering if it happens on that day....

Hopefully they will move the date at least 3 weeks back (honeymoon and Austria trip being on the post wedding schedule!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad