HFN Budget GM Game v1.0 Signup+Discussion GAME IS CANCELLED

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
:nhl
HFN Budget GM Game v1.0.
To join the game pm me the top 3 teams you want. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Commissioners"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start:
  • Trading Deadline:
  • Standings Voting:
  • Quarterfinal Voting:
  • Semi-final Voting:
  • Conference Final Voting
  • Cup Finals:
  • Entry Draft:

All times are EST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Budgets"]
Toronto- 125,000,000$
New York R- 120,000,000$
Montreal 113,000,000$
Chicago-102,000,000$
Boston- 100,000,000$
Pittsburgh- 95,000,000$
Vancouver- 94,000,000$
Detroit- 92,000,000$
Philly-92,000,000$
LA- 91,000,000$
Calgary-89,000,000$
Minnesota- 82,000,000$
San Jose-82,000,000$
Washington-79,000,000$
Edmonton- 77,000,000$
Ottawa- 74,000,000$
Dallas-74,000,000$
Winnipeg-74,000,000$
New Jersey- 73,000,000$
St-Louis-69,000,000$
Anaheim-69,000,000$
Buffalo-68,000,000$
Colorado-67,500,000$
Tampa-67,000,000$
Carolina-66,000,000$
Nashville-66,000,000$
Columbus-63,000,000$
Florida- 56,500,000$
New York I- 54,000,000$
Phoneix- 52,000,000$

• We will be using 2014-15 Cap hits. For UFAs/RFAs use their 2013-14 cap hit, to make it easier we will assume that the players cap hit is actually his salary.
  • All teams MUST be under their respective budgets AT ALL TIMES, failure to do so will result in a warning, if the GM surpasses the budget a second time they will be fired.
  • Use Armchair GM to calculate your Team's Salary.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over your budget, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 24 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 5 players off waivers during the game and can only place 3 on waivers during the game.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Transfers"]
  • All transfers MUST be sent to -Habsfannick
    and How Ya Drouin
  • For this game teams we will work with a transfer system, similar to how it works in soccer.
  • A team will sell the contracts of its player to another team for a transfer fee (other players may be included with the fee, for example LA sells Kopitar to the leafs for $10M and Kadri) but the transfers can only include a maximum of 3 players and must include a transfer fee or some sorts.
  • The transfer fee's may range from anywhere between 25,000$ to infinity (as long as it does not cause the buying team to surpass its budget).
  • Once a player is sold his old team may add the transfer fee to their budget.
  • There will be NO NTC/NMCs during this game however once a transfer is agreed upon and sent in it must be approved by one of the commissioners who will be representing the players interest. (It is very unlikely that a player will reject a transfer, but the rule is put in to avoid ridiculous transfers). If it is approved you may post it.
  • The league has the right to reject the transfer, in which case the buying team will have 1 chance to persuade the player to join them, either by a pay increase or a specific reasoning as to why your team is a better fit for him.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster and full team budget before being allowed to sell or buy players, this budget includes team salary and transfer fees paid and received)
  • You may not take part in any transfers until you post your roster. Any deals made before will be put on hold and will not be offical untill your roster is posted
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's salary in a deal.
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Rosters"]
  • GMs are responsible for keeping their rosters updated at all times
  • If you are caught not updating your roster then that is a sign of being inactive
  • The teams budget must be kept updated. For the roster you can just post a lineup with just the players names as long as the budget is balanced.
  • Capgeek has plenty of information that will help you.
[/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="Free-Agency"]
  • All UFA's and RFA's will be resigned to their 2013-2014 cap hits
  • Thus this game will have no free agency
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster, budget and transfer block Updated
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster or budget updated through out the game you will be given a warning and upon your second warning will be fired.
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

Last edited:

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
:wild are now rebuilding ;)

OTB
Almost everyone but I doubt I'll be moving pharise and suter the rest I'll try to move.

Last edited:

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
We are proud to announce the unveiling of a 3rd trophy for this game. Along with the Stanley Cup and KLLR Cup this game will feature the Dong Cup which will be awarded to the team that at the end of the game has the most net profit from it's transfers.

Also the market will open for transfers at 5:00pm EST tonight. Remember all transfers must be sent to HYD and myself.

Aela*

:wings

are REBUILDING

Looking only for blue chip prospects eg Mackinnon, Trouba, Nyquist (yes I know I have him)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
We are proud to announce the unveiling of a 3rd trophy for this game. Along with the Stanley Cup and KLLR Cup this game will feature the Dong Cup which will be awarded to the team that at the end of the game has the most net profit from it's transfers.

Also the market will open for transfers at 5:00pm EST tonight. Remember all transfers must be sent to HYD and myself.

You're making me shed some tears of happiness. :cry:

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
First deal!

:habs
$6.5M transfer fee

Alex Galchenyuk

Couldn't reject a good fee like that. Alex is a great young player with a great future but we are in win now mode and an extra $7M in budget room will help out greatly.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Rielly is available for a similar fee to Galchenyuk (not the same though ;))

Gardiner is available for less obviously, as is Gauthier (for even less)

Aela*

First deal!

:habs
$6.5M transfer fee

Alex Galchenyuk

Couldn't reject a good fee like that. Alex is a great young player with a great future but we are in win now mode and an extra $7M in budget room will help out greatly.

confirm

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
:caps

Roster post up, rebuilding!

If you want Ovechkin/Backstrom, here is a gif representation of what you need to do:

tumblr_m0yaaecAOn1rovmado1_500.gif

Patchey*

:nucks
Looking for (in order of need)
Starting Goalie
1st or 2nd line wingers
#1 Defenceman

Have over 30 mil in cap space

Last edited by a moderator:

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
So this might be a stupid question but say I trade Statsny (6.5M) for 8M. My budget then becomes +14.5M, right? Or is that wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad