HFJets tribute... celebrating the fans of this forum...

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Sorry Sip. You can’t leave.
This place wouldn’t be the same without you.

1715654995727.gif

1715655135554.gif

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Found HFBoards glitchy and at times unusable since almost midway through the season, had issues with it last season as well when trying to post, no problems prior in the dozen years I had been here!

If trying to post continues to be as frustrating next season as it it is now I’m done!
This 100%. You’re trying to post something and the screen keeps jumping around on you.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I use an ad blocker, which hf complains about, but it stops the screen from jumping around
Using an ad blocker as well and still HFBoards glitchy as heck, worst is typing a post and having it disappear, this has occured since March, refresh page and wait 5 minutes and post magically reappears!

Someone gift Sip a sponsorship. :laugh:
31, 799 posts, they should pay me~

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Found HFBoards glitchy and at times unusable since almost midway through the season, had issues with it last season as well when trying to post, no problems prior in the dozen years I had been here!

If trying to post continues to be as frustrating next season as it it is now I’m done!

Before you tap out we will run a go fund me campaign to make you a sponsor. I would miss your light breezy style too much.

Break ups not allowed. Don’t make us “Baby Reindeer” you.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
This is because 'Likes' were only added to HFBoards a few years ago. I wanna say around ~2018 but not 100% sure on that. Many posters who had been around here before that may already have had 5-10k posts before 'Likes' were even introduced so generally posters who joined in the last few years will most likely have a better like-ratio than those who were around in the pre-Like era. But yes for someone like @macmaroon to have a 4x likes to post ratio while being a member since the pre-like era is impressive.

Posting 70 GDT's helps ........ :popcorn:

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
This is because 'Likes' were only added to HFBoards a few years ago. I wanna say around ~2018 but not 100% sure on that. Many posters who had been around here before that may already have had 5-10k posts before 'Likes' were even introduced so generally posters who joined in the last few years will most likely have a better like-ratio than those who were around in the pre-Like era. But yes for someone like @macmaroon to have a 4x likes to post ratio while being a member since the pre-like era is impressive.
Shouldn't be too hard to calculate an xLikes stat based on, Likes/(posts since 2018) x total posts (tP), but only for posters with > 3000 posts, because posts, like SOG, have tremendous variability over short sample sizes.
:sarcasm:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Shouldn't be too hard to calculate an xLikes stat based on, Likes/(posts since 2018) x total posts (tP), but only for posters with > 3000 posts, because posts, like SOG, have tremendous variability over short sample sizes.
:sarcasm:
If you're gonna have a xLikes, it would have to be like expected goals in the NHL - it needs to take the quality of the post into account

For example, i would expect GDTs and titty gifs to generate more links per post than a post bitching about how the coach doesn't use his lines right based on analytics

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
If you're gonna have a xLikes, it would have to be like expected goals in the NHL - it needs to take the quality of the post into account

For example, i would expect GDTs and titty gifs to generate more links per post than a post bitching about how the coach doesn't use his lines right based on analytics
Hands up, how many would rather see a titty gif than read about the 3,000th post about a coach not using his lines right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad