HFJets Bandwagon Avatars

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Can someone make an animated one for me using this one:

L08XhQb.png

Then have Spaceys face with the space in the background in the circle and then have it say "Panthers Playoffs Bandwagon 2016" in the circle. I would do it myself but gimp/photoshop is not my strong suit.
Thanks if anyone can make something like that up for me. Spice it up however you want.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

L08XhQb.png

Then have Spaceys face with the space in the background in the circle and then have it say "Panthers Playoffs Bandwagon 2016" in the circle. I would do it myself but gimp/photoshop is not my strong suit.
Thanks if anyone can make something like that up for me. Spice it up however you want.

I can probably make the parts but blow it if I can gif them.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
TXTzpOw.png

Just made the background transparent. ;)

Hawks
BYHGN3T.png

I tried to incorporate more of the colours of their logo.

Caps
ffNQlOH.png

VNoWBHU.png

Later on I'll attempt some involving stars.

Wild
Not confirmed a playoff team and idk how many of us are bandwagoners, but I made these months ago.
OUgxBCH.png

hjG5PlD.png

That Caps one is beautiful (although I feel dirty liking a Caps related image). I always thought HF did something weird to transparent images, whoops.

And huh, on my work computer the lines seem to be more prevalent than at home (I think I just have a crappy monitor).

I can also take a crack at making the GIF if nobody else does :)

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I haven't been at home much the past couple days so I haven't had the chance yet. Feel free to beat me to it guys.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
kiwi: there are size limits for both sponsors and non-sponsors. If you're a non-sponsor, the size limit is 125x125, and (I think) 29KB in file size. If you're a sponsor, it's 150x150 and 49k (or 100KB? One of the two) in file size.

If it's larger in resolution or filesize, then hfboards does a resolution or filesize conversion, and it WILL get rid of your transparency. When I did a full set of animated GIFs a couple of seasons ago, it was quite a challenge to switch from the Jets logo to the bandwagon logo, and keep it within the limits for both sponsor and non-sponsor.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
kiwi: there are size limits for both sponsors and non-sponsors. If you're a non-sponsor, the size limit is 125x125, and (I think) 29KB in file size. If you're a sponsor, it's 150x150 and 49k (or 100KB? One of the two) in file size.

If it's larger in resolution or filesize, then hfboards does a resolution or filesize conversion, and it WILL get rid of your transparency. When I did a full set of animated GIFs a couple of seasons ago, it was quite a challenge to switch from the Jets logo to the bandwagon logo, and keep it within the limits for both sponsor and non-sponsor.

Ahh so it's the size. Cheers. All of mine are 150x150 by default so I'll just shrink mine a bit.... or donate to the board. :laugh:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
test test check check... Go Kings.

Ewwww Kings.

But nice gif dude!

L08XhQb.png

I stuck em together with a simple online gif tool:

EuEX1KS.gif

I'm honestly not very happy with the Spacey frame so I think I'm gonna work on it. But is something along these lines what you were after?
Will probably change to a simpler font too. The one I've got in there atm kinda looks like their team font but it's not so good at smaller sizes. Do you like the font?

Edit: Okay the Spacey frame looks a lot better on my older LCD monitor. Lemme know if you like it.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
a little heads up for you kiwi:

Go with a 1-2 pixels wide outline with the same HEX colour as the background grey where the avatars are placed below the username. Might help to make the outline a bit smoother as it helps with the hard contrast between red/blue/green and the background grey.

hex colour picker: http://www.colorpicker.com/

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ewwww Kings.

But nice gif dude!

I stuck em together with a simple online gif tool:

EuEX1KS.gif

I'm honestly not very happy with the Spacey frame so I think I'm gonna work on it. But is something along these lines what you were after?
Will probably change to a simpler font too. The one I've got in there atm kinda looks like their team font but it's not so good at smaller sizes. Do you like the font?

Edit: Okay the Spacey frame looks a lot better on my older LCD monitor. Lemme know if you like it.

That's exactly what I wanted! Thank you!!

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Made myself a tank one. No bandwagon here. Feel free to copy.

Last edited:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad