HFJets Bandwagon Avatars

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
As a way to get used to using GIMP I started combining other teams logos with the Jets one because I thought they might make good avatars one day. Since quite a few of us are getting behind other teams these playoffs I figure I'll post a few I've made and then make a few more for anyone to use.

They're pretty basic, but it's been fun messing around with colours. All are 150x150px but can be resized of course. Feel free to request other teams too.

Anyone else making avatars feel free to post here. I'm sure we can get a nice collection going.

San Jose Sharks

l1SEnd6.png
jTlEc2F.png
3vXpJMR.png
95zaRE9.png

Chicago Blackhawks

haMqo0s.png
7Ce3efE.png
BYHGN3T.png

x5MYplI.gif

Florida Panthers

L08XhQb.png
SRXDkvt.png
YLxJQCX.png
EuEX1KS.gif

Washington Capitals

VNoWBHU.png
ffNQlOH.png

Minnesota Wild
OUgxBCH.png
hjG5PlD.png

Coming Soon
Ducks??? Pens???

Last edited:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
As a way to get used to using GIMP I started combining other teams logos with the Jets one because I thought they might make good avatars one day. Since quite a few of us are getting behind other teams these playoffs I figure I'll post a few I've made and then make a few more for anyone to use.

They're pretty basic, but it's been fun messing around with colours. All are 150x150px but can be resized of course. Feel free to request other teams too.

Florida Panthers
(Kevin Spacey edition coming soon)

L08XhQb.png

Coming Soon
Ducks, Capitals etc

Awesome! I'm very excited for the Spacey edition Panthers avatar. That's my bandwagon for the Eastern conference.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Nice work flyingkiwi. GIMP aint no photoshop, but for many tasks a perfectly serviceable image editor. Plus, if you're a fan of Pulp Fiction, you get to say "Bring out the gimp!" every time you use it.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

Anyone else making avatars feel free to post here. I'm sure we can get a nice collection going.

San Jose Sharks

l1SEnd6.png
jTlEc2F.png
3vXpJMR.png
95zaRE9.png

Chicago Blackhawks

haMqo0s.png
7Ce3efE.png

Florida Panthers
(Kevin Spacey edition coming soon)

L08XhQb.png

Coming Soon
Ducks, Capitals etc

LOVE the concept. Do you mind if I make my own of your concept later on when I get home? Some of the lines in the circles are a bit jagged and I might be able to make them a bit cleaner in Photoshop later. I could probably make some animation frames in there too. Got an idea to put picture players on the inside too.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Nice work flyingkiwi. GIMP aint no photoshop, but for many tasks a perfectly serviceable image editor. Plus, if you're a fan of Pulp Fiction, you get to say "Bring out the gimp!" every time you use it.

Hell, I would have done these in paint if it had transparency.

LOVE the concept. Do you mind if I make my own of your concept later on when I get home? Some of the lines in the circles are a bit jagged and I might be able to make them a bit cleaner in Photoshop later. I could probably make some animation frames in there too. Got an idea to put picture players on the inside too.

Go for gold man! Anyone can do anything they want with them. Can't wait to see your take on them.

Gin and his assistant (me) are out of jobs I guess :cry:

;)

Can't wait to see both of your own concepts ;) I have much higher standards from you guys too. :p

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Oh yeah and if anyone has a particular player/face/symbol they'd like inside just let me know. The more practice I can get cutting things out smoothly the better.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
YLxJQCX.png

More Spacey. When I get home I'll try to overlay this with the space picture.

(let's all just pretend the left side of his chin doesn't exist aight?)

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Think you could make one for the Wheat Kings?

Thinking yellow for the outside, black for the inside, with this logo in the circle:

200px-Brandon_Wheat_Kings_logo.png

Thanks for working on these! Will be grabbing a Caps or a Panthers ones if the Wk's are out early.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
x5MYplI.gif

Here's what my concept is. I don't plan on doing all GIFs but I was able to clean up the circles a bit. I forget if GIMP can open PSDs but if it does, I can upload that for you or I can save all my layers separately for you just so you can have a cleaner cut on the outside lines. Or just keep doing you, they still look great.

If nothing else, I can help you fill some requests!

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
x5MYplI.gif

Here's what my concept is. I don't plan on doing all GIFs but I was able to clean up the circles a bit. I forget if GIMP can open PSDs but if it does, I can upload that for you or I can save all my layers separately for you just so you can have a cleaner cut on the outside lines. Or just keep doing you, they still look great.

If nothing else, I can help you fill some requests!

That looks great!

Idk how fussed I am on the lines, I mean they're pretty small. But by all means upload what you've got and I'll see if I can work with it.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
HaqxGEO.png

Took a crack at it.

TXTzpOw.png

Just made the background transparent. ;)

Hawks
BYHGN3T.png

I tried to incorporate more of the colours of their logo.

Caps
ffNQlOH.png

VNoWBHU.png

Later on I'll attempt some involving stars.

Wild
Not confirmed a playoff team and idk how many of us are bandwagoners, but I made these months ago.
OUgxBCH.png

hjG5PlD.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad