OT: HFHawks Fantasy Hockey

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I’ve been offering. Sending trades usually lacks a response

I haven’t seen any notifications of a trade. Usually shows up in red above everyone’s lineup if something was offered. You’ve actually sent requests to people or just messaged?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Or maybe offer a trade in the first place instead of just asking if we want any of his players.

He offered me one. It was bad.

An injured(at the time) Ekblad, Sean Durzi, and Mika Zibanejad for Jack Hughes and Charlie McAvoy...

I’ve been offering. Sending trades usually lacks a response
You offered, but it showed you immediately cancelled it right after in my emails.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com

An injured Ekblad, Sean Durzi, and Mika Zibanejad for Jack Hughes and Charlie McAvoy...
Ekblad is back, Hughes is injured… fake news

You offered, but it showed you immediately cancelled it right after in my emails.
Which is why I reached out to see what you’d be interested in

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ekblad is back, Hughes is injured… fake news

Which is why I reached out to see what you’d be interested in
Yeah, he just came back yesterday... And Hughes is day to day, and is a game time decision for tonight...

It was an awful trade proposal and you know it. :)

Like I said, I'm not interested in moving guys right now. I'm in 1st place, and have no reason to trade trash for treasure. It's gotta blow me away to be worth it for me right now. The trade would have to lean heavily in my favor.

Anything for Hughes and McAvoy would start with Kucherov or Makar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231118_155014_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20231118_155014_Email.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Yeah, he just came back yesterday... And Hughes is day to day, and is a game time decision for tonight...

It was an awful trade proposal and you know it. :)
Ekblad was a top producer on average despite missing games last year.. Durzi is the 8th best ranked D right now in fantasy. Last year Zibanejad was ranked 7th, Hughes was ranked 5th of all centers. I wasn’t expecting an accepted trade off the bat but rather a response on how far off it was to you, which would allow for adjusting

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ekblad was a top producer at even strength on average despite missing games last year.. Durzi is the 8th best ranked D right now in fantasy. Last year Zibanejad was ranked 7th, Hughes was ranked 5th of all centers. I wasn’t expecting an accepted trade off the bat but rather a response on how far off it was to you, which would allow for adjusting

Hughes should be expected to improve... he had 99 points last year. He's still top 15 in points after missing 5 games, and he was running away with the lead prior to that.

Ekblad was on LTIR, and who knows what he's going to come back and look like.

Durzi has only put up a 38 point season, and he's regularly a negative in +/-. A decent start in like 12 games, at the time, is not a guarantee. Plus he plays on Arizona, which I'm not a huge fan of. With McAvoy I know what I'm getting.

Zibanejad was the only piece in that trade worth it for me.

I think you trying to make trades like 10-12 games into the season, before most players have really got in the groove, is not gonna bode well right now. You're going to have to overpay at this point. Especially when you're trying to trade for guys that are basically proven top 5-10 players at their position.

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

An injured(at the time) Ekblad, Sean Durzi, and Mika Zibanejad for Jack Hughes and Charlie McAvoy...

Yeah that’s bad.

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Hughes should be expected to improve... he had 99 points last year. He's still top 15 in points after missing 5 games, and he was running away with the lead prior to that.

Ekblad was on LTIR, and who knows what he's going to come back and look like.

Zibanejad was the only piece in that trade worth it for me.
Yeah that’s bad.

Oh cmon.

Ekblad is a season away from being a near point per game D & in conversation for the Norris… McAvoy’s career season last year coming off of LTIR, paced for about 15 points lower than him. And the difference between Hughes and Zibby is literally nominal. As a starter I’m adding the 8th best D currently ranked at 55 overall on top of it all. And then I followed up and tossed Svech/Pietrangelo in the mix over text!

Acting like I’m over here selling magic beans. I’m sorry I thought this was America an HFBoards league?!

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think you trying to make trades like 10-12 games into the season, before most players have really got in the groove, is not gonna bode well right now. You're going to have to overpay at this point. Especially when you're trying to trade for guys that are basically proven top 5-10 players at their position
I’m not disagreeing. I’m in a crunch trying to make room for people. I’m not offering trash either though, just because I’m trying to make a deal. I’m giving top guys and adding. If you didn’t like Ekblad, again Pietro and more was on the table

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oh cmon.

Ekblad is a season away from being a near point per game D & in conversation for the Norris… McAvoy’s career season last year coming off of LTIR, paced for about 15 points lower than him. And the difference between Hughes and Zibby is literally nominal. As a starter I’m adding the 8th best D currently ranked at 55 overall on top of it all. And then I followed up and tossed Svech/Pietrangelo in the mix over text!

Acting like I’m over here selling magic beans. I’m sorry I thought this was America an HFBoards league?!

He had shoulder surgery in June and is coming back from 5 months of intense rehab(his own words). That's a risk I don't want to take while in 1st place and this early in the season.

McAvoy also finishes +30-40 every season, which is a pretty important stat in our league. Ekblad was a -14 last season...

And lol @ the difference between Zib and Hughes being nominal. Hughes will finish top 3 in points this season, unless he gets hurt. I will guarantee that. Zibanejad will probably be top 15 or 20, but not on the level of Hughes.

Durzi also has very little history, and again, is regularly a negative player on Arizona, a team I don't want anything to do with.

Svech started the season late(just getting back into games), and hasn't looked very good since. I mean... he's coming off ACL surgery. Again, not a risk I want to take.

Pietro is getting older, and who knows what his season will look like. He's gonna turn 34 in January. It's not crazy to think he starts to fall off a cliff this season. Last year was essentially a career year in points for him...

Again, you offered up maybe one player that was worth me even looking at. You're way underselling the value of both Hughes and McAvoy.

You literally kept your top 4-5 players out of the talks, while trying to acquire a couple of the best players in the league at their positions. I mean... come on. You threw P. Kane into talks... when the guy still doesn't even have a contract, and isn't playing... like wtf?

Yeah, this is an HF boards league. It's not a bunch of dumb f***s who don't know anything about the sport. Most here have played to high levels, or have been watching the sport for decades, watch other teams play, and keep up with the players and happenings around the league.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, trust me. But don't put out garbage trades, and then complain about no one wanting to trade. Like I said... a Hughes and McAvoy trade starts with Kucherov or Makar. And I doubt you're willing to give up either of them.

Last edited:

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
He had shoulder surgery in June and is coming back from 5 months of intense rehab(his own words).

McAvoy also finishes +30-40 every season, which is a pretty important stat in our league. Ekblad was a -14 last season...

And lol @ the difference between Zib and Hughes being nominal. Hughes will finish top 3 in points this season, unless he gets hurt. I will guarantee that.

Durzi also has very little history, and again, is regularly a negative player on Arizona, a team I don't want anything to do with.

Svech was hurt, and hasn't looked very good.

Pietro is getting older, and who knows what his season will look like. Last year was essentially a career year in points for him...

Again, you offered up maybe one player that was worth me even looking at. You're way underselling the value of both Hughes and McAvoy.

You literally kept your top 4-5 players out of the talks, while trying to acquire a couple of the best players in the league at their positions. I mean... come on.

Yeah, this is an HF boards league. It's not a bunch of dumb f***s who don't know anything about the sport. Most here have played to high levels, or have been watching the sport for decades.
Only player I haven’t put in talks is Makar — my other top picks have been offered, that’s disingenuous to say. I think this is a bias of wanting to hold onto your guys and thinking they’re more valuable at the end of day. The comments comparing McAvoy and his benefit of +/- for example doesn’t consider how the bruins aren’t the same as the years before in losing their top lines centers one of the core guys being a perennial selke winner. And with regards to all my players, in contrast there’s uncertainty with every single one and no one’s established or is in decline. There's a gamble when you make a trade. It’s fine as it’s your opinion… but you’re generalizing all my trades as if I’m trying to offer garbage based on one cancelled trade offer I followed up on and you didn’t really look at.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
1700354685070.png

1700354735055.png

this is what I got on Oct 25th. Tage was off to a slow start (now he's hurt) and Adam Fox who finished like 1D last year. For a bunch of spare parts.

I countered with this.

I would trade but its not like I wanted to deal a guy off a huge year who had a slow start and a Top 2 D for a bunch of meh.

1700354800887.png

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Only player I haven’t put in talks is Makar — my other top picks have been offered, that’s disingenuous to say. I think this is a bias of wanting to hold onto your guys and thinking they’re more valuable at the end of day. The comments comparing McAvoy and his benefit of +/- for example doesn’t consider how the bruins aren’t the same as the years before in losing their top lines centers one of the core guys being a perennial selke winner. And with regards to all my players, in contrast there’s uncertainty with every single one and no one’s established or is in decline. There's a gamble when you make a trade. It’s fine as it’s your opinion… but you’re generalizing all my trades as if I’m trying to offer garbage based on one cancelled trade offer I followed up on and you didn’t really look at.

Bro, you never mentioned anything about Kucherov, Stutzl, Barzal, Q Hughes, Makar, Barkov, or anyone else in your top 5-7 players in the trade, or when we talked in chat. You essentially wanted to give up trash for treasure, like I've been saying.

Hughes and McAvoy are 100% more valuable than f***ing Zibby, an injured Ekblad coming off major shoulder surgery, and Durzi.

McAvoy's +/- isn't going to change much when he's one of the best defensive D in the league... center depth or not. Bruins aren't the same? The Bruins are f***ing 12-1-2 in 1st place in the entire East. Give your head a shake.

Sorry to call you out, but it's f***ing rich that you're saying I'M being disingenuous. You offered trash for treasure, then whine when no one wants to trade for your trash. Own it. You never once mentioned any one of those guys in my first paragraph when we were talking in chat. Need me to post that in here too? Don't think you want me to.

Now we see another couple of your offers and those are also garbage.

And yeah, I didn't follow up on it because 1. You offered trash for treasure, and 2. you cancelled the trade 3 mins after offering it, because you obviously knew it was f***ing trash. I did look at it, how else would I know you offered it and cancelled it right after?

:laugh:

Last edited:

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
View attachment 770075

View attachment 770076

this is what I got on Oct 25th. Tage was off to a slow start (now he's hurt) and Adam Fox who finished like 1D last year. For a bunch of spare parts.

I countered with this.

I would trade but its not like I wanted to deal a guy off a huge year who had a slow start and a Top 2 D for a bunch of meh.

View attachment 770080
Admit these are borderline troll trades, but in truth I wanted to see who you were interested in if there was anyone of the lot I’m trying to unload that could be worked out. Huberdeau, Kopitar, Lindholm I’d still consider to be top 70 producers, but like tage at the start of the season there’s risk they won’t live up to it. I still believe Ekblad to be a Norris level D, so understandably there would be added pieces
Bro, you never mentioned anything about Kucherov, Stutzl, Barzal, Q Hughes, Makar, Barkov, or anyone else in your top 5-7 players. You essentially wanted to give up trash for treasure, like I've been saying.

Hughes and McAvoy are 100% more valuable than f***ing Zibby, an injured Ekblad coming off major shoulder surgery, and Durzi.

And McAvoy's +/- isn't going to change much when he's one of the best defensive D in the league... center depth or not. The Bruins are still 12-1-2 in 1st place in the entire East. Give your head a shake.

Sorry to call you out, but it's f***ing rich that you're saying I'M being disingenuous. You offered trash for treasure. Own it.

Now we see another couple of your offers and those are also garbage.

And yeah, I didn't follow up on it because 1. You offered trash for treasure, and 2. you cancelled the trade 3 mins after offering it, because you obviously knew it was f***ing trash. I did look at it, how else would I know you offered it and cancelled it right after?

:laugh:

Followed up asking if you’re interested in those very players barzal, Pietro, and implied others were available, trying to understand what it would take and you didn’t consider it. These players have uncertainty just like yours but the value I’m open to add aren’t trash by your own admission lol. In the first place some combination of two #1D on contenders who have upside to average 9.0 fantasy points a start are available/offered for a D who averages 9.5, and the difference between zibby and Hughes is less than what I’m willing to add. I’m confused how this implicates guilt or something I have to own… no hard feelings here but that’s disingenuous

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Admit these are borderline troll trades, but in truth I wanted to see who you were interested in if there was anyone of the lot I’m trying to unload that could be worked out. Huberdeau, Kopitar, Lindholm I’d still consider to be top 70 producers, but like tage at the start of the season there’s risk they won’t live up to it. I still believe Ekblad to be a Norris level D, so understandably there would be added pieces

Followed up asking if you’re interested in those very players barzal, Pietro, and implied others were available, trying to understand what it would take and you didn’t consider it. These players have uncertainty just like yours but the value I’m open to add aren’t trash by your own admission lol. In the first place some combination of two #1D on contenders who have upside to average 9.0 fantasy points a start are available/offered for a D who averages 9.5, and the difference between zibby and Hughes is less than what I’m willing to add. I’m confused how this implicates guilt or something I have to own… no hard feelings here but that’s disingenuous
I'm saying just own that you are offering up trash trades to see what you can get people to agree to.

You just admitted that you offered trades to someone as "troll trades".

No hard feelings either, but man... you can't offer up a bunch of shit and then come back bitching that no one wants to trade. Especially like a month into a 7 month long season.

I pretty much told you my position. I'm in first place, and don't want to move anyone right now. It's way too early, especially when you consider that I'm in first place. There is no reason for me to trade anyone right now when I've had a top 3 team in points so far, and was missing the production of my 1st round pick for almost 2 weeks.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Malaka thinks this is some random league that he can fleece people. Not going to happen. Here are my bad players please give me your good ones.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’ll go through the list of people who have paid and their emails and try and figure out who it is today. I’ll give whoever it is 4 days to figure it out once I figure out who it is.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’ll go through the list of people who have paid and their emails and try and figure out who it is today. I’ll give whoever it is 4 days to figure it out once I figure out who it is.
It can really only be like 2 people? I thought it was @JLarucci23 though.

Also... Joe hasn't set a lineup this entire week... and has had Vasi on IR even though he's been off IR for a while now. Not quite understanding that... considering he's got a 4-3 record. He's paid up at least, so there's that.

Last edited:

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Hopefully Joe is doing OK. I was just coming on here to see if we knew anything because I’m playing him this week. Obviously he’s got some good players on the bench.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
FYI, Joes team would have ~ 147 pts (most in the league this week)if he set his lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad