Prospect Info: HFCF Prospect Poll: #5 (run-off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd like to campaign harder for Kylington to win this, but I won't. Klimchuk is just as deserving and quite underrated.

If Klimmer hangs on, I have it as Kylington and Andersson to follow.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And Ortio - if he gets one more vote. :facepalm:

He'd need three more for them all to be within 10 of one another, wouldn't he? Otherwise you could just keep chaining them all together and say that every single option is within 10 votes of someone who is within 10 votes of someone who is within 10 votes of the leader. ;)

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
Yeah I still think that there's a strong possibility that Kylington goes to play for Sweden if he has a strong start to the year, where ever that may be. I think Hickey may be the biggest riser in his draft class to date, but I'm not sure how high his offensive upside is? I saw him play twice last year, he's extremely solid, but I didn't see him really impose his presence a ton on the offensive side of the puck other than controlling the play quite well from the blueline. I get the impression that he's got the upside of a very good #3.

Kylington didn't have great numbers in his pro league either, but it's rare that any 18 year old does, let alone a dman. Once he was moved down he started producing with regularity. Kylington must improve his shot but that'll likely come with strength training and just regular practice.

FWIW, I have it as: Kylington, Andersson (ever so slightly) and then Hickey. But I have them all in the same tier and possibly any them surpassing each other by the end of next year depending on performance.

If Hickey scores over 35 points next year, it's going to be hard saying he's not our #1 prospect.

I've heard that, besides his skating, his shot is his greatest asset. His defensive play seems to be his only real downfall (and what a downfall it is)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
CFHF Prospect Poll: #5 (run-off)

Runoff between Klimchuk & Kylington

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For posterity:

Agostino (1)
Andersson (1)
Arnold (1)
Ferland (1)
Wotherspoon (2)
Hickey (5)
Klimchuk (22)
Kylington (19)
McDonald (1)
Ortio (8)

Monahan For Mayor*

For posterity:

Agostino (1)
Andersson (1)
Arnold (1)
Ferland (1)
Wotherspoon (2)
Hickey (5)
Klimchuk (22)
Kylington (19)
McDonald (1)
Ortio (8)

Grandlund getting so under rated we dont even mention him anymore. :D

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Really hope Klimchuk gets voted in. I honestly believe that Kylington has no business being in the conversation yet.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really hope Klimchuk gets voted in. I honestly believe that Kylington has no business being in the conversation yet.
I agree, but I think he starts after Klimchuk. I think Kylington, Andersson, Hickey, Wotherspoon & Morrison are all neck and neck.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
AS, I'm curious do you feel that way about Kylington because of where he was drafted?

No, the other way around. I think he was drafted where he was for the same reasons I feel this way.

He has massive, massive holes in his game, and all of the elite skating talent in the world isn't going to help him in the NHL if he can't fix that. So for Kylington, his whole career is hanging on whether he can learn to play defence, something he hasn't learned in the first 18 years of his life.

I think there are players on the board who have a much better chance than Kylington of being high-end NHL players. The whole premise of having Kylington ranked highly is because of his physical tools, but why does that put him above certain guys who have decent physical tools AND can play defence and also have similar room to grow and develop and improve?

Gun to my head, I take the one that is most likely to produce a good player, and I don't think that's Kylington for a while.

Ortio is next on my list.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I see a lot of NHL player in Klimchuk he's smart he's fast and he's got a pretty good shot but I don't see him excelling at anything to the point at which you think what a great player, I shouldn't have had him below Ferland on my list but if we had to trade a guy he's less likely to burn us than Kylington is.

Voting for ceiling over a skilled guy with a high floor so can't blame anyone taking Klimchuk.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

giphy.gif

No, the other way around. I think he was drafted where he was for the same reasons I feel this way.

He has massive, massive holes in his game, and all of the elite skating talent in the world isn't going to help him in the NHL if he can't fix that. So for Kylington, his whole career is hanging on whether he can learn to play defence, something he hasn't learned in the first 18 years of his life.

I think there are players on the board who have a much better chance than Kylington of being high-end NHL players. The whole premise of having Kylington ranked highly is because of his physical tools, but why does that put him above certain guys who have decent physical tools AND can play defence and also have similar room to grow and develop and improve?

Gun to my head, I take the one that is most likely to produce a good player, and I don't think that's Kylington for a while.

Ortio is next on my list.

giphy.gif

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Oh god I love you :heart::heart::heart:

I take back all the mean things I said about your GDT's to fit in with the cool kids!

I love that we have Kylington in our pool don't get me wrong. I just think at best he's a project similar to the mold of Jankowski. High risk and is gonna take time.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Oh god I love you :heart::heart:

I take back all the mean things I said about your GDT's to fit in with the cool kids!

I love that we have Kylington in our pool don't get me wrong. I just think at best he's a project similar to the mold of Jankowski. High risk and is gonna take time.

EgwBv9q.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It just doesn't make sense to me that he would go before Anderssen when management literally picked him second.
but if we believed management Janko would be #1 because he'll be the best player in his draft year. Several of us still wanted Kylington in round 1 (myself included) so where he was drafted isn't really a factor.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
but if we believed management Janko would be #1 because he'll be the best player in his draft year. Several of us still wanted Kylington in round 1 (myself included) so where he was drafted isn't really a factor.

And I get that. I was against it myself but I get it.

But where he was drafted compared to another prospect taken a month ago when no meaningful hockey has been played I think absolutely has merit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And I get that. I was against it myself but I get it.

But where he was drafted compared to another prospect taken a month ago when no meaningful hockey has been played I think absolutely has merit.
But is the difference between 53 & 60 really that great to change those opinions? I have a feeling it was a coin flip on who they decided to choose, which was why they traded up to grab the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad